Fang's SSB Highwind (XIII) does not do fire damage

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by wesu, Dec 27, 2016.

1. wesu

wesu New Member

Friend Code:
    FTXB
    I noticed there's a bug with Fang's Highwind (XIII) SSB where it is not triggering fire damage vulnerabilities where it should be.

The soulbreak description says "Deal six fire and wind jump attacks to one target, ...".

I saw this happen with once with Primal Exdeath 3rd form from Battle for the Dawn (Ultimate ++) and then another time with Valigarmanda from Frost of the Mountain (Ultimate +). I attached a screenshot.

I searched and didn't see another thread on this. Hopefully this is not a repost. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this?

Attached Files:

2. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Valigarmanda NULLs wind, so it may be the two labels cancel each other out. The fact it still does damage suggests fire and wind are still being applied (as intended). The medal requirement for fire should still be fulfilled?

Or I t may be that "RESIST" label takes precedence over the "VULNERABLE" label? I have seen "CRITICAL" and "VULNERABLE" labels overlap, but in this case "RESIST" and "NULL" may not be able to co-exist?

3. lilyWhite

lilyWhite Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    j3Wj - Desperado
    The "RESIST" label applies to the ATK/MAG debuff that Highwind inflicts alongside damage. It's not the damage being resisted.

Kenlimkenlim likes this.
  4. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Yeah, I assumed that was understood. I meant to say the labels not being able to coexist, not the underlying effects.

5. wesu

wesu New Member

Friend Code:
    FTXB
    Yeah I knew the RESIST was meant for the -ATK/MAG debuff, but I thought I would see the VULNERABLE for the fire element weakness as well.

Anyways, I emailed support just to be sure and Kenlimkenlim is right, only RESIST is shown, and VULNERABLE will not be shown. However the fire damage is there and the medal conditions will be met.

My mistake for jumping to conclusions.

Kenlimkenlim likes this.