Legend Materia Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Reno and the Turks, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Reno and the Turks

Reno and the Turks Official RKF Wild Card

Medals:
    Copied from SolitaireD on GameFaqs:

Legend Materia has already become a huge factor in JP metagame and I sincerely urge serious Global players to give this topic a read and factor LMs into your future planning decisions.

Don't ignore this impending update just because it is 4+ months away.
    In fact, I seriously recommend all Global players to start learning about this system right now.

Here's a quick run through.

Legend Sphere

- Every character will eventually receive a Legend Sphere
    - Besides Tyro, you have to fully complete the character's Record Sphere in order to access the Legend Sphere. Tyro is special because 2 of upper-tier routes does not lead to his Sage node.

https://i.imgur.com/xzqdoW7.png

- Sphere Skills can be obtained from Legend Spheres, and they require 5* Motes to be unlocked.
    - 5* Motes will be given out in Full Throttle Dungeon and special events.
    - Legend Sphere Skills can be stat bonuses, damage bonuses, new equippables, new resistances, Legend Materia, etc.

- Each Legend Sphere has 17 nodes (Tyro's too).

https://i.imgur.com/yf6r69C.png

- Among these 2 nodes are the Legend Materias.
    - Just like regular Record Spheres, you can only unlock from the top. Higher tier nodes will require you to unlock the required branches.
    - To unlock a Sphere Level in every node, 5* Motes of a certain type are required. These are the Vitality, Bravery, etc ones we know.

- Each character will need 200 5* Motes to complete their Legend Spheres. Split among 2 types.
    - The required types are fixed based on the character's role:
    Physical - Vitality & Dexterity
    Magic - Wisdom & Spirit
    Celerity - Bravery & Dexterity
    Knight - Bravery & Spirit
    Support - Vitality & Bravery
    Hybrid - Wisdom & Bravery

Legend Materia

- Every character can now equip 2 Legend Materias on top of their regular Record Materias.

http://i.imgur.com/l2a37vw.png

- LMs are unique to the specific character, and other characters cannot equip them
    - LM has various effects that can be useful in battle, which is the main purpose of this topic.

- As of Sabin's event, FFRK has introduced Materia Relics. They are relics that provide a permanent Legend Materia rather than Soul Break.
    - Further on in the game, we should be expecting to see Legend Materia Super Soul Break relics.

==================================================

Now why is learning about this update early so important?

First, you have to prepare the amount of motes to complete the Record Sphere for the character(s) of your choice.
    It's not as bad as you think. At this point in JP, I have maxed out the spheres for 11 characters.
    This number could reach ~15 if I were perfectly efficient.

Secondly, LM2s are closely linked to the character. Especially SB wise.
    It is important to keep LM2s in mind now when planning your banner pulls. And it can also make you more open-minded towards some relics as well.

In the following posts, I will be providing a simple analysis on how a character's LM2 is related to them and its usefulness. My current plan is to keep this topic active as I will be adding on analysis for LM2s as they get released in JP.

Tyro & Ramza

Legend Materia II: Stat Buff Duration +40%
    Tyro's Legend Materia I: BLK Damage -10%
    Ramza's Legend Materia I: Support Damage +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Their LM2 only affect stat and critical buffs. So utility like Haste, High Critical, ProShell, etc are unaffected as they are statuses.
    Applicable only to the buffs they provide, even RW cast by them.

For Tyro's case, this increases the duration of Wall, OSB buff, and the stat buff abilities he has access to with that ability pool abyss.
    For Ramza, it affects his USB buff, DEF buff from BSB, as well as ATK buff from Shout.

All of you know that these 2 characters have various types of utility SBs, and sometimes it is hard to utilize more than one even with Lifesiphon/Wrath.
    With this prospect, you can be more open-minded towards going for a second or third relic for them. They both have really good ones.
    Ramza in particular can hit harder as a support, his breakdown damage is x2.6 when fully dived.

Warrior of Light

Legend Materia II: Last Stand & Sentinel at the start of battle
    Legend Materia I: Holy Damage -10%

WoL's LM2 is closely linked to his OSB, which becomes stronger the more hits he receive.
    All it takes is 9 hits to reach x12 multiplier. Sentinel makes this easier to achieve, and you have Guts as insurance.
    Furthermore, this can be paired with his BSB/LCSB to strengthen Guard Bringer.

Garland

Legend Materia II: When using Dark attacks, ?% chance of recovering HP for ?% of damage dealt
    Legend Materia I: Dark Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

We still lack data for this, but it should be more related to Sanguine Cross and survivability rather than SB.

Firion & Maria

Firion's Legend Materia II: ATK +1% for each PHY attack dealt, up to 50%
    Maria's Legend Materia II: MAG +?% for each BLK attack dealt, up to ?%
    Firion's Legend Materia I: PHY Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Maria's Legend Materia I: Earth Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Firion's synchronizes with his OSB, which becomes stronger with the number of hits he dishes out.
    And his BSB's commands can rack up the hit counter easily too

As for Maria, it obviously allows her to reach the 6 hits threshold easier.

Luneth & Lightning

Legend Materia II: Haste & Instant Cast 3 at the start of battle
    Luneth's Legend Materia I: Wind Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Lightning's Legend Materia I: Lightning Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Well these don't need explanation right?
    Luneth's OSB gets stronger with the number of Wind attacks used. With only 3 Wind attacks, it will reach x12 multiplier.
    As for Lightning, you can cast 3 Full Charges for the start for opening burst damage, or get a quick SB bar for her SBs.

Refia

Legend Materia II: After dealing a critical hit, ATK +50% for next turn
    Legend Materia I: Fire Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Another obvious application. Her high DPS BSB grants Critical = 50%, which can also stack to Exploding Fist's to reach 70%.
    This can make her attack command or Lifebane even stronger. Even if you are above soft-cap, it is still a 22.47% damage boost for the next turn.

Paladin Cecil

Legend Materia II: 40% of covering PHY attacks from allies, at 50% reduced damage
    Legend Materia I: Holy Damage -10%

We finally got a FF classic in FFRK, Cover.
    While this doesn't have a close link to his SBs, it fortifies Pecil as a tank.
    Note that while this applies to AOE PHY attacks, we haven't test whether it can proc for multiple allies.

Rosa

Legend Materia II: 75% of auto-curing Poison/Silence/Blind/Confuse
    Legend Materia I: Heal +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Uhh.......

Lenna

Legend Materia II: When using white magic, ?% chance of Heal +?% for ? seconds
    Legend Materia I: Heal +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Lenna is the first receiver of a new status called Heal Boost.
    On top of the passive heal boost from her LM1, she can further boost her healing amount for a duration.
    Basically, investing in Lenna can make her heal extremely well.

Celes

Legend Materia II: Gains ?% more SB points when exploiting weakness
    Legend Materia I: Spellblade Damage +15%
    Relic Legend Materia: ?% to Dualcast Spellblade ability

Celes may have powerful relics, but her biggest flaw is the lack of Lifesiphon/Wrath.
    Runic is useful, so does her ATK/MAG buff. Her OSB becomes stronger the more BLK hits received, but you may not have the chance to use it if maintaining Runic is more important.
    As a Spellblade Knight, she can easily exploit elemental weakness, which already provides 50% SB point bonus.
    This LM2 could make it easy for her to gain a gauge.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Thulgor likes this.
  2. Reno and the Turks

Medals:

Sabin

Legend Materia II: Berserk at the start of battle, ATK +?%
    Legend Materia I: Fire Damage +10%
    Relic Legend Materia: ATK +?% for each Monk ability/command used

Ultra Cure exists, so you can easily cure that Berserk from the start.
    So his Legend Materias are very damage focused. Also makes it easier to reach 10 hits on his BSB.

Relm

Legend Materia II: All elemental damage -?%
    Legend Materia I: Heal +15%
    Relic Legend Materia: When using single-target heal, ?% chance of casting single Magic Blink 1

Your Guts healer really knows how to promote survivability.

Tifa & Rinoa

Tifa's Legend Materia II: When using Monk abilities, 30% chance of granting Quick Cast 3
    Rinoa's Legend Materia II: When using BLK abilities, 30% chance of granting Quick Cast 3
    Tifa's Legend Materia I: Earth Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Rinoa's Legend Materia I: BLK Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

They may have below average BSBs, but these LM2s can increase their BSB and character value.
    There is always a chance you can sustain Quick Cast for the entire battle, making them powerhouses.

Yuna & Garnet

Legend Materia II: Increases MAG by 25% MND
    Yuna's Legend Materia I: Heal +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Garnet's Legend Materia I: Unknown (only her LM2 is leaked and it looks exactly the same as Yuna's)

If you missed the huge commotion within the JP community when Yuna's LM2 was mined, it is extremely good.
    Yuna's biggest problem is that some of her SBs are MAG focused, some are MND focused (coughtinybeecough).

At level 99, complete Record Sphere, the latest 5* sage equipment, and +30 MND accessory, Yuna has 405 MAG & 464 MND.
    With a MND +25% RM, MAG/MND Faithga and Burst Mode, she has 862.88 MAG & 924.3 MND. 886.69 MAG & 1000.85 MND if you have her USB.
    With some synergy, it is so easy for Yuna to reach soft cap for MND and MAG.
    Yuna can finally be an equally powerful summoner and healer. Plus Tiny Bee is no longer at the bottom now.

Vaan

Legend Materia II: Damage +5/10/15/20/30% if target has 1/2/3/4/5 debuffed stats
    Legend Materia I: PHY Damage +10% with Dagger (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Another obvious one. His OSB's maximum multiplier can be boosted from x14 to x18.2 with this LM2.
    Not considering the damage boost from his LM1, rest of sphere and regular RM.
    And not just his OSB, his other SBs and abilities will be significantly stronger too.

Snow

Legend Materia II: High Sentinel at start of battle for 25 seconds
    Legend Materia I: Ice Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

High Sentinel taunts PHY/BLK and gives the user a DEF & RES buff by 200%.
    In other words, Sentinel with an addition 200% RES buff, which stacks with Sentinel, Wall, etc.
    Like Pecil, Snow's LM2 is more about making him a tank rather than SB related. Just take into account the buff cap.

Thancred

Legend Materia II: When using Ninja abilities, 35% chance of granting the user Physical Blink 1
    Legend Materia I: PHY Damage +10% with Dagger (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Needless to say, this LM2 is meant to complement his BSB.

Agrias

Legend Materia II: When using Knight abilities, 30% chance of causing single-target minor Imperil Holy
    Legend Materia I: Holy Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Regular Imperils increase vulnerability by 20%, minor just increase it by 10%.
    With the Imperil buff, you can stack up to 60%. She can achieve this much easily with her LM2 and BSB, allowing constant higher damage and SB gain.
    Furthermore, her OSB deals greater damage when exploiting weakness. With complete Record Sphere, OSB weapon and 60% Imperil on neutral target, the OSB can reach x29.87 multiplier.

Bartz, Cloud, Squall, Beatrix, Tidus, Ayame, Ashe, Y'shtola

Bartz's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities
    Cloud's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Combat abilities
    Squall's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Spellblade abilities
    Beatrix's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Knight abilities
    Tidus's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Water abilities
    Ayame's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Samurai abilities
    Ashe's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities
    Y'shtola's Legend Materia II: 35% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities

Bartz's Legend Materia I: Spellblade Damage +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Cloud's Legend Materia I: PHY Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Squall's Legend Materia I: Spellblade Damage +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Beatrix's Legend Materia I: Holy Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Tidus's Legend Materia I: Water Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Ayame's Legend Materia I: Ice Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Ashe's Legend Materia I: Lightning Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Y'shtola's Legend Materia I: Heal +15% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

The Dualcast LMs are seriously powerful. All JP players who have unlocked them can testify.
    If you equip the regular Dualcast RM on top of this, there is a 43.45% of at least a dualcast and 4.55% of a triplecast.
    With Soldier Mode, my Bartz has been dealing on average 2~6 x 20000 per Snowspell Strike.

Just remember that the dualcasted action will not provide any SB points. This applies to Lifesiphon as well.

Terra

Legend Materia II: When HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery and grants Trance Mode once per battle for 25 seconds
    Legend Materia I: Fire Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)
    Relic Legend Materia: ?% to Dualcast Fire ability/command

Terra's Trance: ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/ACC/EVA +20% and Quick Cast

Terra's USB grants En-Fire, MAG +30% and Quick Cast. Which stacks with her Trance Mode, and of course everything else.
    0.45s to cast Chain Firaga, 0.41s to cast Wrath. Sigh.....why DeNA?
    This is just overkill. And it is just as powerful even without the USB.

Zidane

Legend Materia II: When HP falls below 20%, auto 100% HP recovery and grants Trance Mode once per battle for 25 seconds
    Legend Materia I: Wind Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Zidane's Trance: ATK/DEF/MAG/RES/MND/ACC/EVA/SPD +15% and Instant Thief

Pair this with Soldier Mode + Dash and Slash and you have insane DPS.
    With just a complete Record Sphere and dagger equipped, it does 2 x 2.86 per use at zero cast time.
    Imagine if you have a relic for Zidane...

Shantotto

Legend Materia I: BLK Damage +10% (+9% more from complete Legend Sphere)

Shantotto's Trance: MAG +30%, DEF & RES -30%, Casting Speed x3

Shantotto is one of the very few mages with 0.825s CT burst commands.
    With just Burst Mode, it is an overall 16% DEF/RES loss and 56% MAG gain, and her commands can be casted in 0.275s.
    That speed can easily allow her to chain her BSB. And it will be very powerful too in Lightning Chain/Imperil teams.

===============================================

Hope this helps you all. That's all there is from JP at the time this GameFaqs thread was posted. Plan ahead!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    Thulgor, Aueh and Reiswind like this.
  3. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Yuna's Father's Footsteps says "being battle" with magic based on mind. Does that mean the magic buff only lasts 25 seconds? If it's a buff, does that mean it competes with other magic buffs as far as caps and stacking are concerned?

4. Reno and the Turks

Medals:
    Probably, Apple Sauce.

5. Aueh

Aueh Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Holy hell. Give me some motes dammit.

6. Vetheran

Vetheran Well-Known Member

Medals:
    For your future planning purposes:
    [​IMG]

Also we are 6 short to get our first LMs. Kind of a dick move DeNa...

Woodchuck likes this.
  7. Soul

Soul Member

Medals:
    Suggest to LM moting the A team with at least burst/ssb relics.. Its hard to obtain 5* motes in the game..

In Jp, I only have 3 Fully LM moted characters: Beatrix(3relics),Terra(2relics), and Firion(burst)

Half way(LM1) for Yshtola,Ramza,Vaan,P.Cecil, Yuna.... My JP has no Wall so its hard for me to run D250-300 Torment Dungeons even Magicite

8. pookkachan

pookkachan Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    I want to LM Echo, can I?

Joke aside, it seems to me that I need to LM Shantotto. I have not touch the water magicite dungeon yet and I have her chain and BSB.

BTW, u do not neeed wall in magicite dungeon as you can only use wall before u defeat all 6 basic magicite dungeon. Total different experience than D300

9. Soul

Soul Member

Medals:
    Lack of En-elements BSBs for Magicite

10. pookkachan

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    Well that seal the deal. Do u have OSB and BSB combo for 1 character? I use 1 DPS to do some magicite dungeon.

11. Soul

Soul Member

Medals:
    I dnt have OSB/BSB relic combo... yet
    only OSB/Ssb like my Terra, Beatrix and that's sucks.. only USB/BSB1 of Cecil yet its not useable in magicite if you are able to defeat the 6 first

12. pookkachan

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    I think terra osb/SSB combo may work. My usual set up for 1 dps is DPS, 2 sb battery and 2 white Mage. The 2 SB battery can work as magic boosts will even be better. It will be a tough battle but once you get one in, the subsequent one will be easier.

13. Roche

Roche Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    e7tB
  14. Soul

Soul Member

Medals:
    I tried so many times with the Sea lion But I failed.. Firion and Terra are fully LM Dive plus Yshtola and Selphie as WHM

15. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
    So I want a little bit of advice for LMs. I'm between Ysh (BSB, SSB, SS2), Tyro (SG, USB), Agrias (BSB, OSB), Maria (BSB, SSB), and Squall (BSB2, BSB, SSB).

I have a pretty awesome holy team, which makes me want to lean towards Agrias, but perhaps Ysh or Tyro would be more important rounded editions. I just got Squall BSB2 which I know is really good but not sure if it pushes him over the other three. Maria is also a DPS giant but I'm not as sure about her. Thoughts?

16. Soul

Soul Member

Medals:
    Wait for Squall Exburst like around August

LM Squall and Yshtola

17. Vetheran

Vetheran Well-Known Member

Medals:
  18. JeanQuebecois

JeanQuebecois Foundation Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    atPa
    This might be a stupid question but you can get legend materias from relics as well so I'm a bit confused about something. Do you need to have unlocked the Legend Sphere for that characther in order to be able to use the LM on his/her relic?

19. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    No. The relic legend material is independent of the character's legend sphere.

JeanQuebecois likes this.
  20. JeanQuebecois

JeanQuebecois Foundation Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    atPa

Awesome, thank you :)