Tyro's War Journal

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by mageofthesands, Oct 2, 2016.

1. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Active Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Two new toys from tonight's Lucky Draw. Masamune (V), Gilgamesh's BSB. Well, he's now replacing Basch. The other item is Cloud's Guise. Number 3! Do I fuse it with one of the ones I already have, or keep on hand because my armor selection isn't as good as it should be? Decisions!

Now at 126 3/5 Stamina. I've been slacking off, getting greens and some needed orbs. Need to hit the dungeons again to get more Mythril, and more stamina for orbfest.

2. AiZeN

AiZeN Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    acwU
    @mageofthesands If you lacking armor in FFVII realm, better not to fuse it, keep it separately.

And congrats for your pull

mageofthesands likes this.
  3. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Hmm. Keep for Realm Synergy? Hadn't considered that. I have 3 Cloud's Guises for the heavy hitters and a Cid's Goggles for Tryo. Good point.

I also need to get around to build a mage team, just in case the boss has an anti-physical gimmick.

Guess I should sink some motes into Gilgamesh. Maybe even Demonsblood and/or Aegis Strike.

AiZeN likes this.
  4. AiZeN

AiZeN Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    acwU
    Yep better for future, when you are going to tackle Cid Mission specifically.

5. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    This week has been focused on levels, mythril, and record material. I've burned eggs to get Vivi and Tidus to 65, and getting Black Mage's Awakening, and High Scorer, respectively. Ace Striker eludes me at the moment. I'm prepping for Orbfest by buffing autoattacks. BMA is also useful for making mages useful during the dungeon run itself. After Ace Striker, I'm going to orb up Vanille to get Pulse Kindness for the same reason. Besides, it sucks to look down at the autobattle victory screen and find someone died. It happens, especially on XP day. I've buffed up my mage team. Serah is actually really good with her bow! So is Fran!

The other big news is getting Full Break rank 2.

Stamina: 130

6. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Some new acquisitions this week!

From Onion Knight 1, we have Onion Sword (III) for Onion Knight (level 38 and raising) and Elder Staff (III) for Arc (level 15). Not too happy with the staff. Shell, regen, and magic blink are good, yes, but I'd rather have his robes for the AoE heal first. I don't see switching from Yuna or Porom to Arc in the A-Team. From The Blackest of Fridays, I got Thief's Knife (VI) for Locke. I don't have Locke. Will he be given out from the next FFVI event?

The decision to get Vanille's Pulse Kindness and Vivi's Black Mage's Awakening was the correct one. They have transformed the game. I now regularly bring Serah with me, and Pulse Kindness is teh besto white mage RM around. More Mind is great, but not as good as topping off instead of wasting a spell, and staying alive to reach the boss. Ace Striker has also been great. Almost dominates my choices. I should egg Ramza up and get Battleforged too.

Looking forward, based on Deuce's report on half price luckies, I have at least 11 to pull. I want to pull on OK2, and probably OSB stuff. There are five of those. Full price on them, or not? I am also looking right at Lightning OSB banner 1. I want that staff for Vanille. I don't know what that Lightning armor is, but I want it too. Pink haired girls need more stuff. How much ::Blue:: is that?

Stamina: 138 3/5

Last edited: Nov 25, 2016
    AiZeN likes this.
  7. Vetheran

Vetheran Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Locke will not be given out in the next FFVI event. You should have plenty "Soul of Hero" items from previous events, check the Hall of Rites to redeem them for Locke (Tap the Annex in the upper right corner of the main screen to find it)

8. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    I do indeed have plenty of souls. I could also spare a MC1 lode for everyone's favorite thief treasure hunter.

9. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Ingus picked up Break Blade (III) + and Vanille (?) got Healer's Staff (IV). I guess a Cura + Esuna is better than Deshell at least.

10. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Vanille hasn't used Heal soulbreak in the week I picked up the Healing Staff. Granted, I haven't been bringing her to hard fights, but still.

New items: Tin Armor (IX) for Steiner, and Excalibur (VI) for Celes. Nice. I like spellblade. I had heard that Celes could Lifesiphon for Indomitable Blade, and that would recharge Lifesiphon. But she only gets 3* Combat? Where did I hear that?

Speaking of Spellblades, I could either give two characters Snowspell Strike, or give one character Snowspell Strike and +6% Spellblade damage. I don't know who though. Celes, probably. Squall the other, or save for next Tactics event and see if Delita is blessed with relics. I don't get why the Five Dooms only gave 40 motes. Either way, I'll have 10 left over. To... what? Give two others 6* Spellblade? There are only 5 characters that can use those motes. And even if I gave Pain 6* Spellblade... what difference does that make beyond being able to use the Snowspell Strike?

I don't know. I think if I crafted two, and cracked one, I might be able to hone the other. Maybe.

I am continuing to hone spells, and grind dungeons. I got Full Charge r2 now, so Lightning can have some Smite fun.

Stamina 146 2/5

11. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Recent banners have netted me two more Tin Armor (IX) so I fused one. That way I have two physical heavy armors. I picked up another Tiara (VI), so now I have two pieces of caster gear, excluding Exdeath's armor.

The buff banner gave me Lamia Harp (IV), Edward's BSB. I'm told it's a good BSB, but I don't know. I don't have any bard abilities, and the burst attacks Sap the user. The harp itself is a monster weapon though. 134 attack on a ranged weapon? Throwing in 38 mind and 68 magic? Amazing. The banner also gave me my first gun, Deneb Duellers (XIII). My XIII synergy isn't too shabby these days. I have Sazh leveling in the orbfest to good effect. Just kind of wish he had some more versatility. Sin's Talon (X) is another item from Buff Banner. It's also boostaga and shores up my X synergy even more. Jecht is actually has a diverse moveset. I could see using him from time to time.

Finally, I got Healing Staff (II). Instant cast, party wide, Curaga. Is it enough to bump Yuna off the team? Current goal is to rank 3 Full Charge for Smite fun. I'll easily make it. I have r2 Gaia Cross, and after that... I don't know what to do with my majors. Chain Firaga for Terra?

12. Aoppcall

Aoppcall Foundation Member

Medals:
    Am I losing my mind? I coulda sworn his name was Zindane not Z-dane - huh maybes that mandella effect is catching up to mee...

SoS

AoPppP

13. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Okay, it's been awhile since the last entry in the war journal. Several exciting acquisitions! And some not so exciting items.

The biggest news is the arrival of healer BSB in Vanille's Mistilteinn (XIII). This is a game changer if I ever saw one. Not only does it heal more than Yuna's medica, it's instant cast, boosts Vanille's Mind, and lets her spam aoe heal until the mode ends. The biggest problem is activating it. How does one quick charge healer soul breaks? Lionheart materia?

On the damage caster side of things, I get a double Alphinaud soul breaks of Aerial Blast BSB and Deployment Tactics. Aerial Blast is pretty good, and lets me use the new Tiamat summon all day, boosted by Enaero. Papalymo gets Ley Lines, giving my team a Faithga with Hastaga, and a bonus quick cast time buff.

Last update, I got two Tin Armor. This update, I got three more. I have Tin Armor +++ and Tin Armor + now for the knights. I got a second Tiara which I kept for Vanille in a mage team, and a second Wizard's Gloves which I combined. Those gloves are pretty good for physical damage dealers too.

I picked up Platinum Sword (FFT), so I'm in Shout Club now. It's good, but I haven't really got as much use out of it as I should. The events since I got it encourage mixed teams, or other supports.

Snow picked up Entrench, my first crit booster, and gives him a tank tool for realm. Battle Standard actually has nice stats, and I can see putting this on Gilgamesh to tank. Fang picked up The Punisher (XIII), my very first spear. It break downs attack and magic on hit, and does fire/wind damage. It's a more damage focused option than Fran's Shatterheart. Also from FFXIII is Canopus AMPs, a more power gun than Deneb Duellers, with a slightly upgraded version of the attack boost soul break. It's not that big of a difference to be happy about though.

After orbfest, I'm flush with orbs, and levels. With all these relics, I think I can build a general physical team, a mixed team, and even a mage team.

The mage team I need help with. Obviously, Vanille, Alph, and Papalymo are in it. I need someone to Full Break, and that is probably Tyro? Wall, Full Break, then cast Ninja magic or something? The last slot... Terra, with her SSB? Exdeath, since he can do boosted dark damage with his armor? I haven't invested in Darkness spells, though I could if I give up honing other items. Otherwise he spams Drainga and maybe Wateraja. Serah? Her SSB hits rather hard, she can use Etro's Intervention to boost her damage, and can always shoot the bow if she runs out of spells.

Current Stamina: 157 2/5 300 mythril.

14. Locky

Locky Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    FcLH
    Your mage team can have Vanille, Alph, Papalymo, Serah and Tyro (for wall + FB +MBD/PBD). Serah + Papalymo mag boosts should stack since they have diff IDs.

15. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    I don't have Serah magic boost, only her Ultima Arrow. 14.2 / 5 non elemental aoe attacks, and 100% Slow. It's my go to option for bosses that require being slowed for the medal condition. It hits roughly the same as Neo Almagest and Fire Beam, but with one extra hit. Of course, Neo Almagest bring Magic Blink, and Fire Beam enfires Terra.