3rd Anniversary Dream Relic Draws (05th - 19th Apr 2018)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Zodiac, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These are the 1 time only gem exclusive relic draws, where you will be able to choose one bonus relic from a select list after using the x11 relic draw

Deuce likes this.
  2. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Not for an USB? Hmm. I know I picked up Edge BSB last time, AND Onion BSB, but not so sure about doing one of these this time around. I don't think I have an USB where I need to get the LMR to make the character super powerful.

3. nekster

nekster Absolute Warlord

I would choose cloud usb in a heartbeat if they had a usb selection gem pull... this relic eluded me so many pulls!!!

4. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian"

Medals:
    I was hoping the dream relics would have something to do with that stupid survey we took. Oh well :(

5. Moridraug

Moridraug Absolute Warlord

Gonna pull on lmr one and get Lightning's lmr. Waiting intensifies.

6. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Screenshot_20180405-231224.png

No dupes! I was actually needing a BSB/USB medica on FFIII. :D Braska BSB is also not bad and Shantotto, well, +10 MAG for my already OP Shan is always welcome!

Choice: Edge LMR

Screenshot_20180405-231705.png

Yuffie BSB2 is dupe. Other than that, Gogo's sword is actually a rather good stat stick and Fang's BSB2 finally replaces her SSB as her choice of EnWind. :D

Choice: Deuce BSB

Probably not going to pull on OSB banner - don't really feel like there is anything I really need from it since AOSBs will end up powercreeping OSBs soon enough. The only one I feel is really worth getting is TGCid OSB, but I already have it. I could also pick Papa OSB to go with his BSB as a finisher, or pick Tidus OSB to have a +Water sword, but ninjas can't use swords and probably only Tidus and Bartz would make good use of that sword... Not really sure, still thinking about it.

7. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Well I suck. I'm very poor and very limited on resources... But I made an effort to buy gems for a single pull because we probably won't a selection pool this good until next year... So I chose Burst banner.

20180405_235106.png

Both are new, so that' good.

As for what relic I chose...
    It's no mystery that someone without this relic would pick it up whenever he had the chance.

Screenshot_20180405-234857.png

Squall LD, here I come

(When I get the motes, that is... :Mist Opportunity:)

8. rxman84

rxman84 Member

I could use some advice on LMR input. Looking at Terra’s or Edge’s. Both are LD. For Edge I have his SSB and BSB. For Terra I have her AOSB, USB, and BSB2. I’m leaning towards Terra since I have so much stuff for her but want a second opinion. Thanks in advance.

Luxord and Yaridovich like this.
  9. Moridraug

Moridraug Absolute Warlord

1/11 Y'sh USB on lmr banner, and choose Lightning lmr.
    My luck for pulls suddenly sucks, but, wel, 10 mnd is 10 mnd, and ded-but-not-really kitty is my main whm since her first appearance in ffrk. I only wish DeNa made wardrobe record in her HW armor for her.

Luxord likes this.
  10. Yaridovich

Medals:
    As someone who picked Edge LMR, I'd recommend that.

I was originally split between Edge and Squall, because Squall starting with EnIce would greatly increase his damage output, specially when using his AOSB.

However, Squall is entirely Ice-oriented, as Terra is Fire-oriented. Meanwhile, even though Edge's SBs have a focus on Water, his dualcast LD makes him useful for 5 different elements, 3 of which are dependant on PBlink stacks. With his LD+LMR, when initially using +PBlink ninja skills, it gives you a very good chance of starting the battle with 2 PBlink stacks, which by itself greatly reduces prep time, PLUS also adds extra survivability and, in case you lose a stack when using the DPS skill, there is still a chance to recover it so that you won't have to recast the 1st skill.

rxman84 likes this.
  11. rxman84

rxman84 Member

Very good point! I might end up doing that after all now. :)

ery

Yaridovich likes this.
  12. OhCanada

Medals:
    I'm surprised you said that, I actually think Squall LMR is terrible if you're using his BSB2. Since his true potential comes from DC's of his boosted CMD2 you want to get BSB2 cast ASAP (entrusted if possible). Since BSB2 gives enice it seems like it would only boost your damage for 1-2 turns then be useless.

13. Yaridovich

Medals:
    For his BSB2, yes, but it helps otherwise with AOSB if you're using a battery for AOSB spam.
    Also, the EnIce still helps for speedruns even if you're using the BSB2. The damage increase from the 1st activation might make the necessary difference for a successful speedrun.

14. OhCanada

Medals:
    You can only use AOSB once :(

15. Yaridovich

Medals:
    ... Well then. Still, one use is probably what it takes anyway, but I'm glad I picked Edge LMR over Squall LMR anyway.

16. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    @OhCanada @Yaridovich
    I have Squall LMR and I use it in conjunction with his USB. As bad that USB is considered, it is actually faster to do damage with LMR+USB+SSS I find (without any entrust) for short fights. There are fights where I find his buildup for damage on the BSB too slow, and that's where I use it.

Alternatively, you can skip the USB entirely and use the LMR to do doublecasted SSS instead of Lifesiphoning into BSB for similar SB gain but much higher damage.

Yaridovich likes this.
  17. Yaridovich

Medals:
    I could see the LMR being very useful in that case because his USB doesn't grant him EnIce, so it definitely helps in increasing damage for SSS and USB chases, though I'd contest the damage potential to just using BSB2 (which grants EnIce by itself). USB+LMR+SSS takes less prep time, but more relics, while the BSB2 is amazing on its own and likely has greater damage potential for longer battles. It's hard to compete with 7 strong hits and a chance of doublecast. With SSS+USB, even with doublecast, you're still stopping at 12 hits and that's considering the chase only activates every 2 Spellblade activities.

18. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Well in my case I have Squall LMR, USB and now his BSB2 I chose from the dream relic draw. I also have Snow ice chain.

So I say spam SSS during the chain from the start of battle (starts with enice) until I build gauge to start using his BSB2.

I really don't like his USB because the chase is dependant on a doublecast AND it doesn't give enice so now that I have his BSB2 I don't think I'll ever use his USB again. Unless I get another full bar too fast.

19. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    I personally consider Squall and Edge’s LMRs to be good-to-haves. If you are using Squall BSB2, his LMR makes his first entry stronger. But mainly it gives him the option of just spamming SSS if that’s what you need. Edge’s keeps his blinks up, which is nice but you’re hardly going to plan around that.

For my own pulls, I did all three and got a bunch of dupes plus Zidane USB and Rapha USB. For selection I went with Fujin OSB and LMR. To beef up my mage wind options, which were hitherto Alphinaud and Vivi.

Still undecided on BSB. Most likely Edge BSB. My other options are either stat sticks (Ashe BSB) or Master, to beef up FF1.

20. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Dual cast lmrs are better picks, imo. Edge's LMR is nice to maintain blink stacks for physical ninja stuff, but it's not as character altering as dualcasts.

rxman84 and OhCanada like this.