A look into the future: FFRK gets it's own story mode

Discussion in 'General' started by Vetheran, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Hi,

Haven't seen it mentioned here, so here it goes for anyone who is interested. Heavy spoilers ahead, read/watch at your own risk.

This is gonna hit Global around May 2018

• Record Dungeons are in chapters/islands, use the airship to fly between them.
    • One island = one FF series
    • New islands will be added regularly
    • Inside the island, there are two dungeons which are Ruined Paintings and Memory Paintings
    • Ruined Painting - Main story of the Record Dungeon, challenged with fixed party. Does not use stamina
    • Memory Painting - "Hidden" dungeons, you can use all your existing chars/items. Consumes the usual stamina cost.
    • In Ruined Painting battles, Tyro and Urara will join the FF's characters in battle. The "guest" characters are fixed in level and setup, only Tyro and Urara can level up normally.
      ※ Tyro and Urara's levels will start from Lvl 1. This is independent of the current levels we have.
    • For Ruined Painting battles, Tyro and Urara levels up by using "Crystal Water". It's similar to Record Dives. You will need to choose which stats to raise as well.
    • Additionally for Ruined Paintings, they can have the "Theater" scenes that reproduce the iconic parts of the game story. You can pause and reread the dialogue as well.
    • Also there are Exploration parts, where you can move around the area to find treasure chests and encounter boss fights like old school FF's.
    Link and credits to original thread on reddit.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
    Soul, xTeKt0n1c, Elskidor and 4 others like this.
  2. talsa88

talsa88 Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    This looks like a welcome change, but will it mean that we "lose" things? Will those of us who have been playing for a while be restarting anything from the ground up, or is this new content not going to affect any progress made? I doubt it will, but I like to be sure.

3. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    It will not affect any progress you made.

The Classic Record dungeons will have their own progression: set characters with set levels that you have to do them with, as well as Tyro/Urara starting from level1 and progressing from there. While you will be able to bring the full might of your regular roster for the Elite versions.

As it says in the general info:
    ※ Tyro and Urara's levels will start from Lvl 1. This is independent of the current levels we have.

The point is, this part of the game has it's own progression separate from the rest of the game, to give you a story experience.

xTeKt0n1c and talsa88 like this.
  4. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Mod! Staff Member

Medals:
    Very nice. It seems like everybody will be able to smash the classic dungeons then the elite dungeons will be the ‘challenging element’ where you can use your A-Team to complete!

This is actually really really mint. I’m hyped for this!

5. Vetis09

Vetis09 Active Member

Friend Code:
    iKmU
    Gotta give the game credit, while the gameplay doesn’t change the strategy does. Just about the time I’m tired of doing a certain thing, a new challenge with a new strategy pops up. I’m not mad at this.

6. Soul

Soul Active Member

Medals:
    This new world of FFRK will be launch probably on Spring 2018.. co-celebration of Global's 3rd Aniv.. more likely Summer in Global

7. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
    That's the proper way to increase difficulty in a game, not through power creep, but through mechanics. It's also why I refuse to play any of those crap Gumi games anymore because they're pure power creep.