Anyone have a template for a solid party for 90+ dungeons

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by thosewhofighton76, Feb 24, 2016.

1. thosewhofighton76

thosewhofighton76 New Member

I am not exactly new to the game but just have hit a roadblock in my progress, I seem to be in trouble (screwed) when i approach dungeons with difficulty of 90 or higher or + level dailys.

I have essentially every character available at this moment, most are very low level (1-20), I have quite a few level 50-60, 4 lvl 65's and 1 level 71 (cloud).

I have a few pieces of 5* gear but only 1 SSB (terras). I also have at least 50+ greater orbs of every kind and about 6 major orbs of each kind (thanks to orbfest).

Top Guys: Cloud 71, sephiroth 65, vivi 65, tifa 65, terra 65
    Honorable Mentions: aerith 55, rinoa 57, wakka 61, tidus 60

So basically i am wondering if someone can provide some sort of party template or suggestion on who to use in late game parties, I am missing out on alot of mc2's and +dungeons right now.

I can of course provide more information if needed

thanks

Evil Crusader likes this.
  2. Nekokyonshi

Nekokyonshi Super Saiyaneko

I'll address the + dailies, as they're very short to discuss: AoE is king.

Cloud: Bladeblitz (though, I personally don't think it's a skill worth making, it is solid AoE), ~Ara Elemental Strikes are a nice complement. Pick one that the enemies are weak to.
    Terra: Quake, Ruinga, or Meteor. If you have 2 of the above, give 1 to Terra and another to a different mage to help deal with ATB randomization.
    Sephiroth: I'd wager that you probably haven't picked up Flashing Blade from The Malice Within's +++ Bonus Battle; it'll be a nice help if you do have it, but it's not necessary.
    Aerith: Summon, Summon, Summon. Summons have VERY high multipliers, so it doesn't take nearly as much MAG for them to hit the 9999 cap. Much like Ruinga/Meteor, a 4* Summon is basically a free round per use. Summons of note: Valefor, Maduin, Alexander, and Bahamut. Note that Maduin and Valefor deal the same amount of damage, but Valefor uses 5* Wind orbs, while Maduin uses only 4* orbs, but likely double the total amount of orbs to hone.

As for Difficulty 90 dungeons:

Walls: Protecta/Shellga or any SB that grants them is pretty useful, especially when used in conjunction with Sentinel Grimoire (SG). In fact, if you think a battle will be difficult and you DON'T have native SG, then SG will more often than not be your best choice of RW.
    Healing: AoE heals are fairly important for late-game dungeons, but sadly they're only found in the form of Soul Breaks. If you don't have a character with a AoE heal, then I guess you could use Tyro's Celebration Grimoire, though it isn't too good of a heal. It might be worth it to sub in Lenna's Princess Favor or Yuna's Hymn of the Faith SBs for your RW is the boss isn't too much of a heavy hitter.
    As for single healing, Curaga is fine, and Curaja may be overkill. If you have a high MND healer, then Renewing Cure will heal a pretty good amount while also granting Regen. Regen doesn't heal too much, but it's nice for reversing Sap and Poison. Not like it hurts in the long run either. :p
    Breaks/Statuses: There are a lot of bosses that can be made much easier by inflicting status ailments. Take the Library of the Ancients as an example. Both Ifrit and Byblos can deal some nasty attacks, however, both can be paralyzed! A well honed Intimidate will make those two bosses seem like the Tutorial boss. ;) As for Breaks, Power/Magic Breakdown will really help with Damage Mitigation, and can make up for a lack of SG when used with Protect/Shell, etc. Armor/Mental Breakdown just help you hit that 9999 cap, and can really boost SB/SSB damage.
    DPS: Ruinga/Meteor are very good at clearing trash, and multiple bosses. In fact, they do nice damage on single bosses two, and are Non-Elemental, so they can still damage Elemental resistant bosses. ~Aga tier spells can do a very good amount of damage while striking weaknesses, and should be a staple if you can't afford to make ~Ajas. If you use a Knight, then Armor Strike will be VERY powerful; likewise, you should give your character with your best SB Lifesiphon, as it'll help them build more gauges. (Terra might be an exception, as she usually runs with Magic/Support skills.) There is a lot more to be said here, but that really depends on your final character choice. (Well.. that, and I need to leave for work, so I have to wrap things up!)

All in all, as long as you have a healthy mix of the above, you should be set for most 90-110ish dungeons. Level and gear helps alot, but having high hones can add a nice amount of leverage. You'll definitely want 50-65+ for the higher dungeons though. Happy hunting!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
    Elskidor and Thief666 like this.
  3. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    Asking for a template for high level stuff...well it just doesn't work. I can provide a few tips however.

Biggest keys to helping you overcome difficult battles is buffs and debuffs.

You typically want to run with a sentinel grim RW to help lower damage. You want to get all the break and breakdown abilities honed to take the major damage down significantly.

It looks like you really need to work on building up a white mage ( aeris is fine ) and get yourself a well honed curaga (curaja) to help stay alive.

Number one key tip (and it's going to take a while, the longest and hardest part of the journey in ffrk) you need to work on leveling up all your characters in each realm for the realm synergy bonus, as well as collect relics from every realm for the synergy bonus. We have the super soul break festival coming in a few weeks, so any spare mythril you might have save for these banners to help collect good stuff.

Generally I beat all content using the same formula. Get a full party from the realm I am entering (every character I have is at least level 60 for this, like I said, the grind is real) and then typically have 2 attackers, 1 support person using full break and a break down. 1 black mage. 1 white mage. This can changed rastically for specific bosses but that's my general formula.

4. Thief666

Thief666 Absolute Warlord

Its hard to suggest a typical party for all dungeons. When you start hitting higher difficulties, you need to adapt your party to the boss and even trash stages (if theres 5 monsters per round youll want aoe, but not if its 1 per round).

Obviously i suggest your higher level characters (but not max leveled. Use RS to your advantage also). One support and one white mage per party. Typically use a black mage for trash clearing with mana springs ii if you dont have high hones.

My suggestion is really to go on the main strategy site and look up the dungeon youre about to face.
    https://ffrkstrategy.gamematome.jp/game/951/wiki/Home
    Until youre caught up with the current dungeon update, every dungeon has been cleared by many different people with different parties and different chars/levels/equips/hones, so its easy to relate and make your own party based on comparison. It will also mention what status or element vulnerabilities some boases have.

That will help you lots if youre failing levels due not having the right strategies etc. If the problem is levels/hones, then obviously run the dailies, sundailies, and spend some mythril on the orbfest when it comes around.

Mitigation is always the biggest part of any hard battle. Concentration springs ii for a white mage with protect and curaga/ja can keep your party in good shape through trash stages. And you usually want a wall, shellga/protectga, magic/power break (down) on the boss to lower its damage. Mitigation =survivability, which will relieve pressure off your party

Wolf, Elskidor and Evil Crusader like this.
  5. Yhache

Yhache Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    If you want , you can also check my website, under Members > Saved Parties. This will give you some ideas of what people are using to clear which kind of bosses!

Elskidor likes this.
  6. thosewhofighton76

thanks for the advice guys really appreciate it, i kind of fell into the whole play with my favourite people only mode and its coming back to haunt me. I guess its time to get to the grind...*Sigh*

Thanks again you guys rock

Thief666 and Evil Crusader like this.
  7. thosewhofighton76

Follow up question with regard to the grind for xp. Utilizing the realm synergy is it more efficient to do daily dungeons of that realm or the actual realms themselves. Both give the realm synergy bonus but is one more efficient than the other?

8. Thief666

Thief666 Absolute Warlord

Both give you 1.5x energy whether its story or daily.
    Just get in the habit of using mostly realm synergy as much as you can.

I wouldnt necessarily try to level in dailies or story though. But i would grind every sundaily, perhaos even using mythril refills. With 2 more orbrush weekends coming up though id only use refills on those since you get even more xp than dailies on top of huge amounts of gil and orbs

9. Nekokyonshi

Nekokyonshi Super Saiyaneko

The EXP grind can be done in a variety of ways without really affecting the actual length of the process. As Thief said, Sundaily is definitely the best place/time to level, and it doesn't have Realm Synergy at all. With the 1.5x bonus out of the equation, it doesn't really matter if you run a 1 man team, or a 5 man team. If you want to boost a specific character or two, just have them solo the daily, otherwise just run it with 5 characters; it'll take the same amount of runs to max everyone regardless.

In fact, regarding Realm Synergy exp bonuses, it is kind of moot if you don't go full synergy. If you have 1 character with RS in a full team, then they'll only get 1.5x on their 1/5th of the EXP, so you're actually only getting 10% bonus exp. It's nice, but it's nothing to fawn over. You can tip the scale to much more favorable numbers by either using a smaller team or making sure everyone gets RS; It's just something to think about before you go way out of your way for a single character. ;)

As for Orbfest, I'm not sure if it has Realm Synergy, but it'll definitely be the place to level when it's out in a week or so. (Assuming that's what our Anniversary Events are.) Not only is it great EXP, but it'll also give tons of Gil and the coveted 5* orbs! Don't be afraid to burn a pile of 50 Mythril or more on it! :D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2016