Back to business

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by Aueh, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    So guys I am back... what should i do, hone, get and be aware of?

Currently I´m catching quite up with the realms dungeons and try to get my books of trials completed. which means motedungeons. Which honestly i still should be able to do with my parties.

But what next? Which abilites are a must have? Which relics are strongest currently? And what to do next? Magicite? :imp:

Abaraxas and Roche like this.
  2. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Kind of hard to say. It depends on what content you're trying to tackle. 5-star magicite is nutso, you need physical and magic based teams to beat them. Neo torment is also insane......but the first two difficulties aren't a problem if you have strong relics in a given realm. Ability wise, depends on what you're in shape to accomplish. If you think you have strong earth stuff, then get the new 6-star earth abilities to conquer the upcoming 5-star magicite in a month+. For neo torment, it's mostly 5-star abilities still, though for Gilgamesh you can pound him with the new earth SPB. For FF12 neo torment the thunder mage spells are solid. Might be good to read up on reddit to figure out upcoming events to see what you think you should start preparing for.

Aueh and Roche like this.
  3. cactusJed

cactusJed Absolute Warlord I am a Cactus

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    Do these new 6* abilities make older content a wipe?
    Like... 4* magicite, or the CoT d260 battles, for instance?

4. Starkiller

Medals:
    Yeah, those 6-star abilities make a difference. I used the new rainstorm or whatever the hell the spellblade is called on Kraken instead of regular thundering strike and shaved a few seconds off. Also made some other changes like putting in King vs Lightning, but basically these tweaks eventually got me to 15 seconds on him. Ultimately though if you don't have a good set of relics, it won't matter. The thing with 6-star though is you need to be able to sub-30 the first two difficulties to get enough rubies to really capture most of them. Otherwise you will only be able to get a handful. Might help though on other content and let you come back with a win later.

cactusJed and Aueh like this.
  5. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    In terms of relics something upcoming which breaks the game?

6. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    I'm not sure when you stopped playing, but I'll do my best to catch you up to today's meta. These days there are two types of content that are really challenging on the top end, magicite and Neo-Torments. Let's talk about the former, because the latter is going to be muuuuuuch further down the line for you.

Most of us are currently farming 4* magicite, but if you haven't dabbled with any of it yet, you have to start by farming a good amount of 3*s. They're all element based fights so you'll want to build a team around a particular element to fight them. Don't bother bringing anything they're not weak to. Most teams will have a WM, 1-2 battery characters (wrath and entrust) sometimes that have buffs (see OK/Ramza) with mako might, and 2-3 DPS characters. Your goal is to goal is to get at least 4 copies of each magicite so you can get them up to max level, or at very least to get you strong enough to fight the 4* ones which are insanely harder, and give much better stuff. Magicite give you two benefits, first is that they act as a second RW, giving you imperils, resistances, etc. Second is they boost your overall stats because of their passive effects, which get better as you level them. They take ages to level up so you want to get them as soon as you can so you can just naturally level them while doing other stuff.

As for relics the new shiny that everyone wants regardless of situation are CSB. Most CSB these days either give you +50% MAG or ATK in addition to a huge damage up for their element. The more hits, the more damage everything does, so multi hit moves can really capitalize on these. Of these, there are three that can be exploited by regular ninja skills to outperform most relics. Those elements you want to watch out for are dark, water, and earth, all physical.

Other than CSB the relics you want to watch out for completely vary by element. Of course Cloud USB is still amazing, TGC USB is the best for both holy and dark, and maybe earth too. Yuffie USB(2?) is the best water and one of the best overall, Squall BSB2 is still amazing for ice, anything that gives you dual cast (Vivi/Maria/Tifa USBs) are amazing, etc. Probably an easier way is to name an element and we can tell you the top prizes for that element. For healing, Elarra stuff is best in class, especially her USB.

Abilities are going to vary largely on what SBs you have. In general abilities are stronger than burst commands, with a few exceptions. Most ability classes specialize in a few elements and characters with those classes have SBs of the same elements. For example, monk is usually fire/earth, Knight is holy/earth, Samurai is fire/ice, etc. Like before, asking what are the top ____ element abilities is probably more efficient.

tl;dr: Finish magicites, try to get CSB, make abilities that synergize with the new relics you get, element teams are basically everything until you get to super end game.

cactusJed and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  7. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Thank you OC! Seems for Water and Wind i am kinda set already.

Wind: Zacks Chain, Cloud USB+BSB2 + Luneth BSB (even alph with his wind bsb and deployment tactics is possible)

Water i got Yuffie USB2 i guess(?) the thing with 10 hits amd follow up torment blade(?) + Tidus USB with also a follow up atk.

So Fire, Earth should be my weak sport currently. I still got quite good Holy/Dark relics but no usb

8. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Water and wind should be set. You should definitely be able to beat Midgarsormr and Marillis (4* magicite) with those relics. You'll definitely want to legend dive Cloud, Tidus, and Yuffie as well. For fire I'd recommend building up your mage team. The 4* boss flies a lot and can't be reached by phys while flying. Earth can be beaten pretty easily with old tech as well. I struggled a lot with Ixion until I just went mage with Maria BSB and Rydia BSB1. You can get both from the Acolyte Archives. Maria BSB alone can kill the 3* boss. Keep in mind that holy/dark magicite are released after the others, and are thus much harder. How are you on ice/lightning?

9. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Maria BSB... guess who has it... :) Really helped me alot already.

Ice i got Squall BSB2 and i think a laguna imperil, otherwise meh.

Lightning should be Ashes BSB the strongest in my arsenal.

10. Starkiller

Medals:
    The lightning guy is kind of rough without some good relics IMO. Orlandeau is good here because he can use the draw fire abilities and the RM that draws magic attacks. Kraken counters a ton. The wind battle may be hard as well. Neither of these banners are very useful that we have currently. I think the key relics are CSBs. It's my main target in every banner from here until eternity asides from filling out my mage teams.

11. OhCanada

Medals:
    So you've killed all the 3*s then right?

12. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    so first try with just going in

[​IMG]

I guess elemental armor is a key? Btw I am quite underwhelmed with Yuffies Dmg. Tidus did way more

13. cactusJed

cactusJed Absolute Warlord I am a Cactus

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    Yuffie gets the chain up a lot.
    Yes, elemental armour definitely helps.

14. OhCanada

Medals:
    Your accessories for everyone should be resist element. iirc the only 3* that does multiple elements is Bismark. You should use as many element+ weapons/armor as you can on your DPS. Keep in my that resist element does NOT stack, so if you have an armor that gives you low fire res and and acc that also gives low fire res, one just overwrites the other.

Rem Tokimiya likes this.