Break Damage Limit SBs?

Discussion in 'Characters & Equipments' started by Taliesin, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

Friend Code:
    Sx4F
    Hi all, first thread post here!

I'm struggling in the magicite dungeons, mostly due to damage output. I'll run out of support ability uses and still have half a boss's health bar to get through.

As i said, my main concern is damage output. I've focussed all my Relic Draws on FFX and recently FFXV characters, because those are my favorite FFs. But I don't have any break damage limit SBs to use. Since we can't summon a Friend in these battles, I need to start looking for new relic/SB solutions.

So two questions:
    1) Are there any Break Damage Limit Relics for FFX/FFXV that I'm missing? I have an arsenal of relics from those series, but none break the damage limit. Tidus's chain SBs are great for damage too, but the element aspect to them makes them gimp in every battle except Fire.
    2) What Break Damage Limit SB should I seek from any other FF series? If there is one in particular that I can focus on spending my Mythril, I could add him/her to my list of events to save up mythril for.

Thanks in advance!

Roche likes this.
  2. Wesker

Wesker Evil Keyblade Master Mod Staff Member Moderator JP Moderator

Friend Code:
    Qnoi (Dark Chain)
    Full Legend Characters:
    Zack, Edea, Ramza, Terra...
    Hello and Welcome to the forum kupo!

3. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian"

Medals:
    Welcome to the forum,

To answer your questions, first we can't say which relics you're missing since you didn't mention what you have. By break damage limit SB do you mean Overstrike Soul Breaks (OSB)?

4. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    FFX is predominantly a water based realm. FFXV lightning, earth and NE. So without diversifying to other realms, it will be very difficult to get through magicite without tactics like the draw-taliate cheese I've seen videos of.

5. Vetis09

Vetis09 Active Member

Friend Code:
    iKmU
    So I’ll just be the guy to ask it, how did you clear all the nightmares with all your relic pulls relegated to 10 & 15?! I am impressed with that. I couldn’t suggest how to go about magicite without specific characters from other realms.... so just wanna admire/acknowledge you managed to.

Noctis Caelum likes this.
  6. Roche

Roche White Knight Mod Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    The single hit SBs which can break the 9999 damage limit are called Overstrike SBs (OSBs). And the only non OSB which can grant the user a unique buff (more accurately, EX mode) is Cloud Ultra SB (USB) which also only affects physical attacks used when the buff is active.

So my bigger question to you is: what relics or SBs you have (I presume mastered) in your arsenal now?

7. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

Friend Code:
    Sx4F
    I think it's the massive number of Relics that I've obtained for FFX. FFXV is still pretty new, so I don't have that many relics yet. When you "master" a SB from most relics, you also get a stat boost. That may be how I was able to manage it. Most characters have 4-6 Relics mastered, adding diversity of SBs and some good stat boosts. It certainly doesn't compare to the 50% stat boost from... is Realm Synergy the term?... but it's enough to master even the hardest Nightmare dungeons. Many of my FFX relics are Combined and Reforged (you get a lot of repeats when you only spend Mythril on one series), so their stat boosts are high.

8. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

Friend Code:
    Sx4F
    Regardless of the type of SBs I have mastered, I'm clearly asking OSB, or others that allow me to continue to break damage limit after use.

To answer your question, the only OSB that I've collected from FFX is Jecht's Blitz King. My question is: are there more? I feel gypped if FFX only got one...

9. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

Friend Code:
    Sx4F
    Tidus: A Fleeting Dream (Chain SB), Sonic Strike (BSB), Day to Remember (USB), Abes All-star (BSB), Leap and Rush (Unique SB)
    Yuna: Song for Spira (USB), Tenets of the Fayth (BSB), Miracle Veil (SSB), Hymn of the Fayth (Unique), The Sending (Unique), Farplane Wind (Unique)
    Wakka: Assault Reels (BSB), Aurochs Reels (SSB), Status Reels (Unique)
    Lulu: Icy Smile (SSB), Triple Threat (BSB), March of the Moogles (SSB), Firaga Fury (Unique), Focus (Unique)
    Rikku: Hyper Mighty G (USB), Machinations (BSB), Master Thief (SSB), Al Bhed Brew (SSB)
    Kimahri: Aqua Breath (BSB), Fang of Gagazet (SSB), Dusk Lance (Unique), Ronso Jump (Unique)
    Auron: Alkaid (USB), Tornado (BSB), Dragon Fang (Unique), Undefeated (Unique)
    Jecht: Blitz King (OSB), Ultimate Jecht Rush (USB), Final Transformation (BSB), Untimate Jecht Shot (SSB), Jecht's Blade (SSB), Jecht Rush (Unique)
    Braska: Summoner's Dream (SSB), Wandering Flame (SSB), Aeons of Wing and Flame (SSB)
    Paine(dumb name): Sword Dance (SSB), Liquid Steel (SSB)
    Seymour: Anima's Pain (BSB), Cross Cleaves (SSB)

Whew! That took some typing.

Roche likes this.
  10. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian"

Medals:
    So the reason I ask is OSBs are kind of out of fashion now in the meta. They certainly can dish out a lot of damage at once, but that's not necessarily the best option now. Most DPS characters at this point have OSBs, off the top of my head, Tidus, Auron, Jecht, Seymour, and (maybe) Paine have OSBs.

What's more popular now are chains, Legend Dives that offer dual casting, and to an extent, USBs. Right now the big combo for water teams is Tidus USB, CSB, and BSB2. If you can get all of those and have a support character entrust to Tidus he can do massive damage while also raising the chain. With a high elemental chain even characters with more mediocre attacks will be hitting the damage cap. The current "meta" is much more focused on speed and being able to do a lot of damage in a quick amount of time, so chains are pretty integral. If you're really determined to use a X team for regular content, your best bet is to use Yuna for heals, Rikku for buffs, Tidus for DPS, Kihmari for water abilities and imperil, and Wakka as a battery.

Roche likes this.
  11. Roche

Roche White Knight Mod Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Hello again.

Firstly, kudos to you for taking your time to share your FFX relic/SB collection. Are your FFXV relic/SB collection as vast as well?

Secondly, allow me to help you organize your list. As mentioned before in my abbreviations guide , normally we list the character name followed by an SB abbreviation with a number if there are multiple types as released on chronological order.

For the long version of your list that I had organized for you,
    Tidus:
    CSB = A Fleeting Dream
    USB = Day to Remember
    BSB1 = Abes All-star
    BSB2 = Sonic Strike
    Unique 4 = Leap and Rush

Yuna:
    USB = Song for Spira
    BSB2 = Tenets of the Fayth
    SSB2 = Miracle Veil
    Unique 1 = The Sending
    Unique 2 = Hymn of the Fayth
    Unique 3 = Farplane Wind

Wakka:
    BSB = Assault Reels
    SSB = Aurochs Reels
    Unique 1 = Status Reels

Lulu:
    BSB1 = Triple Threat
    SSB1 = March of the Moogles
    SSB2 = Icy Smile
    Unique 1 = Firaga Fury
    Unique 2 = Focus

Kimahri:
    BSB = Aqua Breath
    SSB = Fang of Gagazet
    Unique 1 = Mighty Guard (X)
    Unique 2 = Ronso Jump

Rikku:
    USB = Hyper Mighty G
    BSB = Machinations
    SSB1 = Master Thief
    SSB2 = Al Bhed Brew

Auron:
    USB = Alkaid
    BSB1 = Tornado
    Unique 1 = Dragon Fang
    Unique 3 = Undefeated

Jecht:
    USB = Ultimate Jecht Rush
    OSB = Blitz King
    BSB = Final Transformation
    SSB1 = Ultimate Jecht Shot
    SSB2 = Jecht's Blade
    Unique 2 = Jecht Rush

Braska:
    SSB1 = Aeons of Wing and Flame
    SSB2 = Summoner's Dream
    SSB3 = Wandering Flame

Paine:
    SSB1 = Sword Dance
    SSB2 = Liquid Steel

Seymour:
    BSB = Anima's Pain
    SSB1 = Cross Cleaves

For the short version, basically I would list them as:
    • Tidus CSB, BSB1, BSB2, Unique 4
    • Yuna USB, BSB2, SSB2, and Uniques 1,2,3
    • Wakka BSB, SSB and Unique 1
    • Lulu BSB1, SSB1, SSB2, Unique 1 and Unique 2
    • Kimahri BSB, SSB, Unique 1 and Unique 2
    • Rikku USB, BSB, SSB1 and SSB2
    • Auron USB, BSB1, Unique 1 and Unique 3
    • Jecht USB, OSB, BSB, SSB1, SSB2 and Unique 2
    • Braska SSB1,2&3
    • Paine SSB1 and SSB2
    • Seymour BSB and SSB1
    You might not hear much about Uniques due to powercreep in the game, i.e. they are overshadowed by the newer releases in the form of USB especially. Even BSB and SSB types are also close to being obsolete as well.

Now, Allow me to offer some insight on your original questions, i.e.
    As I or other Forum Keepers had mentioned before, so far only OSBs are able to break the 9999 cap, to deal towards a higher damage cap of 99999. Jecht OSB is one of them, which u could boost it's likelihood of hitting said cap using party ATK buffs and Attach Dark buff on him (such as Jecht USB). And Tidus' arsenal, especially his USB and BSB2 combo, is among the most potent DPS the game has to offer. The current metagame is indeed leaning towards having a balanced team with emphasis on elemental prowess. Don't think this trend will go off anytime soon.

Cloud USB (Ultra Cross Slash), which hails from the FF7 realm, is one example of breaking damage cap without an OSB. But usually this is better brought in as an RW instead and affects only physical type damage. I believe that the latest global exclusive event Training's End has a very high quality relic banner that is Banner 2 (the good guys banner). You can have a read at our resident relic banner reviewer's comments on the matter: https://recordkeeperforum.com/threa...-end-30th-jan-09th-feb-2018.6996/#post-157327

Have fun in the meantime! In case of further questions, you could find fellow Forum Keepers in Chat.

OhCanada likes this.