FF7 : "The Lone Wolf's Lament" Event (Cloud) (27th Feb-10th Mar 2016)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Agarash, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Sushi

Sushi Absolute Warlord

You can always RW Cloud' BSB, but then you're stuck with the no SG part and take too much damage.

2. Zanatar

Zanatar Foundation Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    Qo9u
    Well I have SS2 with Y'Shtola. So that might work.

3. Cruser

Cruser New Member

So i saved now 300 mythril. Should i spent it on this banner or somthing else? I dont really have good items atm and i cant post images atm too :D

4. Ultimastrike

Ultimastrike Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    So, Bahamut SIN. Do we just shower it with AoE and then kill off at least 6 to master? If it's made specifically for BSB, then this is a load of crap.

5. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader The Very (N)Ice Cream Mod

Medals:
    Welp, yeah. There also is the pressing matters of the Sphere for the Giga/Petaflare charges to kill fast... all in all, it's a tough Ultimate (but no BSB check) with a very strong emphasis on building a team able to deal a crapton of damage overtime with a few short bursts (as opposed to other Ultimates which were more about sharply bursting Very Weak phases out of existence).

Sushi likes this.
  6. Sushi

Sushi Absolute Warlord

You definitely need the holy trinity in this fight, that's a given, and then to make sure you have a ton of damage to compensate as well, it's tough for any non-whaler to master it I believe, I'm fine with just clearing it for the accessories, not gonna stress too much.

7. Ultimastrike

Ultimastrike Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I think I can do it. I just need the right stuff to drop on him(Yuna/Squall SSB help lots). That, and RW SG timing. That's gonna be fun.

8. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

Since I have quite a number of characters & weapons synergy, I decided to give this event a shot, see how far could I go for the elite dungeon... But will give a miss on the bonus dungeon, as I don't think I will stand a chance due to lack of good armors...

Zanatar likes this.
  9. Wolf

Wolf Advocate/Patron

Full Legend Characters:
    any character with AASB
    I will too, even tho, I am getting dissed for his sword:)

10. SmoothJK

SmoothJK Foundation Member

Medals:
    I have good FF7 synergy (like a lot of other people), and I'm hoping to pull Cloud's BSB. But I don't have a native Wall, so that could be a problem...let's see what happens! I'm curious. :)

11. Wesker

Wesker F2P 4ever m0d Staff Member Moderator JP Moderator

Friend Code:
    Qnoi (Dark Chain)
    I just realize...Thunder Ring is not the reward of ultimate? A +10 atack googles with resistence to Blind? Meh reward is meh.

Thief666 likes this.
  12. Thief666

Thief666 Absolute Warlord

Is it really only +10attack?

Well, its still better than the other accessory we have for that. That necklace that gives moderate resistance to blind and nothing else.

13. Zanatar

Zanatar Foundation Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    Qo9u
    Might come in handy on bosses where melee being blinded is an issue.. But ya, otherwise I agree.. not the best of rewards.

14. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord PS1 Protagonist TOTS Warrior Supremacy Element: Bio Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    If I'm getting it right, and Bahamut SIN is going to be a long fight, then native wall and high hones would be key successful factors? Or maybe it's time to dust off retaliate?

15. Evil Crusader

Medals:
    It doesn't seem much of a Retaliate fight, but let's page in @juniglee to see what's the Master's Advice...

16. juniglee

juniglee Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    There's a couple of reasons Retaliate sucks for this fight:
    • At the specific HP thresholds, Bahamut SIN's HP becomes non-targetable and an orb with a HP bar appears at his mouth. If not going for mastery, you can simply attempt to ignore the dogs and focus on the orb. Two things can happen here:
      • You continue ignoring the dogs, and Retaliate targets the orb. All good here.
      • However, there's also a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th orb. When each orb "dies", it recoils and hits ALL enemies for 9999. What this causes for Retaliate is that it messes up all enemies' HP bar. If any of the dogs then had less % HP than Bahamut SIN himself, your Retaliate will never hit Bahamut SIN until you kill the dogs.
      • Thus you have two options here - either kill the orbs, and give Bahamut SIN an additional 9999 damage, or eat Giga/Petaflare on purpose and take the damage for it (you still have to weaken the orb to reduce the damage from Giga/Petaflare).
    • If you're going for mastery, you have to kill the following:
      • Bahamut SIN himself (roughly 260k-ish HP)
      • At least 6 dogs (each of them have about 40k HP or so - that's a combined total of 240k HP)
      • 2 Gigaflare orbs (30k HP each - combined total of 60k HP)
      • 2 Petaflare orbs (50k HP each - combined total of 100k HP)
      • That gives you...about 660k HP worth of single-target to burn through. For reference, generally Ultimate bosses have about 220k - 260k HP.
    • You may say "well Necrophobe has adds too! He's Retaliate-able!". Unlike Necrophobe though, once you've downed the barriers with AoE, it's just you and Necro. In Bahamut SIN's case, the dogs will respawn every few turns if you've killed them off. To my knowledge, there's no limit on the number of dogs - you can go ahead and kill 12, 16, even 20 of them if you want.

Hugggg55, Sushi, Thief666 and 3 others like this.
  17. Thief666

Thief666 Absolute Warlord

Wow, thanks for the good post. Really gives us a good idea of whats coming up. 660k hp? Looka like a good challenge. If this isnt a hone check idk what is :D

18. Soul

Soul Active Member Supremacy Element: Holy

Medals:
    Great! First BSSB is coming :) Empty Lode 2 for Tyro :) Annnnddd Abyss Dungeon is coming!

19. Nekokyonshi

Nekokyonshi Super Saiyaneko

Does this really drop tomorrow? Gah.. hopefully Goldor's is a one and done kinda thing then. :(

20. Evil Crusader

Medals:
    It'll definitely be short. ;)
    And yes, this drops tomorrow, in 30 hours from the time of this post.