Full break/breakdown abilities

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by derek281, Mar 6, 2019.

1. derek281

derek281 Active Member

View attachment 11170 Just want to know how important breaking down an enemy is anymore as they all seem to resist it. Here is my physical A-team (notice no magicite, Ive never beaten one although im a day one player, but thats a diff subject) and I would like to swap out ramza or at least put a diff ability on him and the onion knight but...should I? I do the same thing every fight, full break, then one if the other breakdows followed by DVG as my RM, thanks for the help.

Roche likes this.
  2. AK-Exodus

AK-Exodus Absolute Warlord Inquisitor

Medals:
    Depends.
    For 3* and 4* magicite you can ignore breaks.
    For most events, bosses are impacted by breaks.
    But the setups these days are all about sub30 speed kills, so often you can get away with not bringing them even if the boss is weak enough to them.

Luckily all the hard stuff is 1 stamina, so if a no-break setup doesn't work, just swap some in after failing.

Roche likes this.
  3. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    In general breaking isn't super effective in most fights. The exception is if the boss buffs itself, you can overwrite that buff by breaking them with the same stat (boss increases it's DEF and you use armor breakdown). These days we're moving from a speed meta to a chain a mutli hit meta. Basically attacking as fast as possible on single element weaknesses and building up a chain when possible.

If you want advice on how to break into magicites plenty of us are willing to help you get started, and we have lots of past threads for them. Basically you're going to be looking for single element teams. A team without a specific element focus, like the one above, probably wont work very well against magicite bosses.

Roche likes this.