Goes Well With: Divine Veil Grimoire

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by Kenlimkenlim, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Supremacy Element: Bio Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Now that Tyro’s Divine Veil Grimoire is upon us, and becomes the RW of choice for many, it got me thinking what you’d pair it with.

You’ll obvious want a boostga/faithga, but the best (or at least most popular) ones all has hastega. Which DVG takes care of. Top tier ones like Rikku/Quina USB overlap with DVG too much.

So based on my memory, these three would be my pick of good boostga/faithga SBs to bring if you are RWing DVG. They all share the “good boostga/faithga, no hastega, nice effect” characteristic.

1. Alphinaud’s Deployment Tactics: +30% Atk/Mag. An oldie but still a goodie. 610 is extremely well proliferated though.

2. Curilla’s Holy Circle: +30% Atk/Mag/Def, Reflect Damage. An upgrade to Alphinaud’s SSB, as it has a more unique buff.

3. Zack’s Lucky Stars: Activate Wind Chain, +50% Atk. An obvious choice given Cloud USB’s popularity.

There are several decent mage SBs that would fit well too - CoD USB, ExDeath USB, and of course, Cid Raines BSB. Physical ones too, like Marche BSB or Cait Sith BSB.

So what have you been bringing when you RW DVG?

Wolf, derek281, Dragoon and 1 other person like this.
  2. Graham

Graham Active Member

I unfortunately don't have Tyro's "Divine Veil Grimoire" on my Magicite wind team; however I do have Zack's chain. Go figure. :/

I still use DVG on all my teams for the most part as a RW outside of Magicites, even on my Earth team which utilizes Onion Knight's "Forbidden Power" USB.

3. Wolf

Wolf Ghost Member Supremacy Realm: Tactics

Full Legend Characters:
    Ramza / Yuffie / Orlandeau / Onion Knight / Luneth / Squall / Galuf / Tyro / Mog / Faris / Cloud / Eiko / Y' shtola / Lighting / Rinoa / Garland / Terra
    Damn Dude, you always bring the good :swear:
    if you quit, everyone's game will suffer.

knowing stacking is a HUGE thing:)

4. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Supremacy Element: Bio Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    I was actually referring to the same situation you described, using DVG as RW. It slot saves as well as provide 2 parts of the trinity, so it makes sense to RW it. Then the question becomes which of you own boostgas and/or faithgas would you bring.

cactusJed likes this.
  5. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    It works super well with Ramza USB too. I've been alternating between Ramza and Curilla RWs. Sadly I'm using my native DVG a lot less than I thought I would.

6. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Oh yeah, Ramza USB...

I’ve RWed DVG a LOT more than bringing it native. Just like with SG.

7. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    It has reflect damage as well ;)

It has a crit damage +50% as well ;) if you use Cloud usb it really helps with damage (remember cloud usb has 100% crit on it if you don't mess with stuff like ok pusb or eiko bsb)

My mind geared Rikku usb Because most rw don't know that mind increase proshellga and haste duration and because of lazyness (it's a buff and she can dance) :D
    (...And for slowga heal if that happens)

cactusJed likes this.
  8. Jamie

Jamie Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior Defier of Fate

SSB - Edward - Soulsong - MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Magical Quick Cast 3
    USB - Lenna - Moogle Boost - ATK, MAG and RES +30% for 25 seconds, grants HP Stock (3000)
    USB - Mog - Forest Nocturne - ATK, MAG, and MND +30% for 25 seconds, grants Quick Cast 3
    SSB - Red XIII - Protector's Roar - ATK, DEF and MND +30% for 25 seconds
    SSB - Ward - Wordless Promise - ATK +50% for 25 seconds, grants Last Stand
    USB - Kimahri - Undimmed Spirit - ATK, MAG and RES +30% for 25 seconds, grants Water Radiant Shield: 75%
    SSB - Braska - Summoner's Dream - MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Magical Quick Cast 3 and High Regen
    USB - Curilla - Holy Circle - ATK, DEF and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Radiant Shield: 100%
    SSB - Sazh - The Choco-Chick - ATK +50% for 25 seconds, grants Magical Blink 1
    SSB - Alphinaud - Deployment Tactics - ATK and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Radiant Shield: 100%
    SSB - Minfilia - Blessing of Light - ATK +50% for 25 seconds, grants Last Stand
    SSB - Gladiolus - Pep Talk - ATK +50% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Last Stand
    USB - Ramza - History's Truth - ATK, DEF and MAG +30% for 25 seconds, grants Instant Cast 1

9. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Realm: Tactics Supremacy Element: Holy Waifu Collector

Or basically any ATK, MAG or MND buff SB that doesn't provide Hastega (or even those that do) will benefit greatly from Tyro USB3.

The new 150 chains (i.e Ramza's, which provides a +50% ATK buff on top of increased Holy Damage) are great with this in particular.

10. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    I’m curious how other people are slotting god wall. I’m finding using Dr. Mog and Mako Might on Tyro and and your CSB user means your healer has to take a different RM. What are you guys doing about that?

11. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    I use TGM RM on my healer most of the time.

Starkiller and OhCanada like this.