Gonna make a pull! Nervous...

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by Kantolin, Jun 3, 2015.

1. Kantolin

Kantolin Airborne Mod Staff Member Moderator Forum Advocate Dragoon Master

Locke's my favorite character in my favorite final fantasy, and I'm sitting on a bit over 100 mythril, so it seems like a good time to try to do a pull to see if Locke gets my first signature weapon.

I'm super nervous though - I /really/ want Locke to be useful, but I know the odds of snagging his weapon are relatively slim. Still, I have better luck than many - both times I've 50 pulled before I've gotten a 5* (Danjuro and Genji Armour), which is better than most people and that Danjuro has been absolutely saving me.

Also, this seems like a decent banner to pull on insofar as 'I want a 5', as there seem to be a number of 5s that are available. (Or does that simply reduce my odds of getting the Rising Sun in specific?)

Zo! Vish me luck! C'mon, I want everyone's favorite thief treasure hunter to get his day!
    (I like my guts where they are, thank you ^_^)

Evil Crusader, Luninareph and Rinny like this.
  2. Seigyoku

Seigyoku Dedicated Warrior

No, the Rising Sun has its own 1% chance - every boosted relic gets the same 1% treatment, so no foul there.

On the bright side, even if you don't happen to get Rising Sun, Locke will still be a very handy asset - once Thief Abilities actually get implemented, anyway...

[​IMG]

And this won't be the only time Rising Sun will get boosted (as seen above, in JP it got collected along with Sabin and Edgar's relics into their own banner, though it will be quite a while until then), so no worries if you ultimately decide to hold back, either.

Best of luck with your pull, whether now or in the future!

Kantolin, Luninareph and Rinny like this.
  3. Elskidor

Elskidor Foundation Member

What's Squall doing sneaking in there with those VI guys thinking nobody would notice?

Best of luck on your pull!!!

Kantolin, Rinny and Seigyoku like this.
  4. Rinny

Rinny くノ一

Medals:
    awh the last part made me giggle lol thanks for that, good luck to you! I'll hope you get 11 of the thing ^^

and sei that banner gets me excited for sabin

[​IMG]

5. AlmostGenius

AlmostGenius New Member

I think Seigyoku talked him outta it with a damn good point

6. Kantolin

Haha, nope! I'm mostly aiming for Locke's weapon, so I did in fact make a couple pulls a few days apart (Finding dedicated FF:RK time has been rough lately, heh. Darn life!)

Anyhow! So I gave my first pull:

Locke Attempt 1 - Information.jpg

Now, I'll admit I was disappointed since 'not a rising sun', but that's pretty stupid of me to be upset with this - two 5 stars is the best I'd ever pulled, and the regal gown in specific will help me manage the current FF6 elites while more people can use the genji shield than my genji armour. I then had /two/ of the rune staves, so I made it into a faux-5 star. So woohoo!

But! 50 more mythril, and I still had no rising sun (or hawkeye, either would be sufficient). So I gave a pull, and did not at all expect the results (Which also aren't what you're thinking!)

Locke Attempt 2 - Information.jpg

And this is just awesome. First came the armlet, and I was like 'meh' until a /second/ one dropped, which made me quite excited as now I could four star it.

Then another demon mail! And then the harp I'd been using for ages, and then a nifty bow for Gordon that I also had already, and a Rune Blade. I own all of these already, and thus I can boost all of these to 4 stars! Woohoo!

And then a /second/ Regal Gown and the Mystery Veil, where the latter can take my units who have more situational soulbreaks and make them have valuable ones instead! In addition to the added defensive bonii.

So... so that's awesome. No rising sun, no hawkeye, and my only 5 star weapon is still my danjuro, but I really can't complain about these pulls. ^_^ Probably the only irritation is that now my inventory is ridiculously full, so I need to go through and do a thorough cleansing to remove the gear I'm clearly never going to use.

Well, and I have to decide if I want two regal gowns, or a 6* regal gown instead. I'm /leaning/ towards having two - right now my defensive natural-5s are Genji armour, Genji shield, Regal Gown, Regal Gown, Mystery Veil, with a faux-5 in the luminous robe (that, maxed out, is inferior to the untouched Regal Gown. Go figure).

So woohoo! Maybe I can scrape together 43 more mythril before Locke's event ends - I am missing a bunch of elites as I only have 77 stamina, so maybe if daily mythril continues...

Edit: Also, this has altered my overall percentages. My first two pulls I got a single 5* apiece, my second two pulls I got two 5* each time. So while my luck isn't aiming where I want it, I again can't be too upset!

Icz, sealtiel, Rinny and 1 other person like this.
  7. Seigyoku

Very nice, congratulations!

I'd personally suggest to keep a hold of both Regal Gowns - as ridiculous of a RES stat a 6*+ version would have in VI, two gowns would help two characters in the party soak up the damage nukes that enemies like Elite Ultima Weapon and Red Dragon will throw at you. We desperately need all the tolerance to magic damage we can get right now, and that equipment is one of the best ways to do so at the moment.

Best of luck finding your personal sunrise, whenever that will be. :)

Icz and Kantolin like this.
  8. Elskidor

Elskidor Foundation Member

Yeah that is really nice. Congrats!

Kantolin likes this.
  9. Kantolin

That was what I was thinking exactly! Especially since I'm not exactly swimming in mdef items or 5-star items in general. I'll save combining for the distant future when I have more fives than I know what to do with (live the dream, eh?)

Seigyoku likes this.
  10. Rinny

Rinny くノ一

Medals:
    awh no rising sun, but congrats on everything else! It's okay to be a lil upset, I was so upset going for valkyrie that I ended up buying a few pulls.. but looking back the pulls I got with my myth actually weren't bad ^^ i've seen the horror story pics of only 3*. Hopefully you get some good use outta those!

Kantolin likes this.
  11. Kantolin

So my stoneblade has a 'small chance to petrify'.

What is 'small chance to petrify'? 5%? 10%? 1%? It sounds like it'd be useful for, say, Red Mage when he's in over his head so he can participate in the trash clearing at least some of the time, but that is pretty niche.

Although I'm certainly keeping it anyway, mind you, as that's an interesting effect. ^_^

12. Seigyoku

Generally, "small chance to x" for a melee attack is 10%... too bad we don't have Stone Attack or similar to work with.

Still, a neat effect, to be sure. Nice find!

Kantolin likes this.
  13. SmoothJK

SmoothJK Foundation Member

Medals:
    Dang nice pulls :) I would love to get a Regal Gown and Rising Sun, but overall, this banner treated me nicely too (Mystery Veil and Genji Helm on my main, Thunder Blade on my alt). Congrats!

Kantolin likes this.
  14. Kantolin

So!

I was all set to be conserving some mythril for awhile since I don't care particularly about Sephiroth, and then omigosh RedXIII!

So I immediately dove into FF7 dungeons and discovered, much to my chagrin, that RedXIII more or less has the Irvine problem - his equipment options are sharply limited and he's a bit rough to use without snagging his relic. But that's okay, I thought, I have over 100 mythril, I'll just give it a pull!

Kantolin_Horrible_Pull - Information.png

...ouch. o_O O... okay then. Ouch.

Among other things, at the moment my only 5* weapon is a Danjuro, so the mesmerize blade is /particularly/ unhelpful. I do have two black garbs, but... but ouch, man. Ouch.

But! That's okay! I had way more mythril, and wasn't going to let a bad pull slow me down! RedXIII is counting on me here! So I gave it another try!

Kantolin_Horrible_Pull_2 - Information.png

And... okay that's... slightly less ouch, as there is a 5* in there, but that's still an ouch. I mean, right now my strongest weapon is a knife, so now my strongest weapon is... another knife! And look, yet another 4* knife to go with my 5* knives!

But I guess that is a bit better. A second tiger claw so I can at the very least give that to RedXIII, and a second hammer so I can fuse them into also a faux-5.

So really, once again, this isn't /that/ bad. There are people who have no natural 5*, and I have several defensive options and two strong knives that everyone except the person I was aiming for can use. :p So I can take anyone who isn't ranged, a mage, or RedXIII and make them functional.

But I am pretty bummed - didn't get a magic weapon on Vivi's banner, so I've got nothing for ranged or mages, didn't manage to get Locke's weapon or any strong thrown at all, nothing for RedXIII, no strong spears of any sort for Kain, no character weapons, yadda. A full 11-pull with no 5s, and two pulls in a row with mostly items I can't use. And RedXIII seems hard to use in general, what with not having a weapon that boosts his magic power for that tasty looking 4* black.

But! Bad luck just means that /next/ time will be better! ^_^ So since RedXIII is still counting on me, I'ma see if I can scramble together another 50 mythril and give a /third/ pull on the banner which I desperately want for the opposite reasons everyone else wants it!

(I mean, if I did get Sephiroth's Katana, I'd be somewhat happy since I could give it to poor Cyan and also Cloud, but not as pleased as most other people as my Sephiroth is milling around at level 20 and will probably be remaining there for quite some time :p)

Plus, now that I have like 4 strong daggers, I can actually get rid of most of the rest of my melee weapon inventory. I mean, if I have a strong (say) spear, but it's not as strong as any of my four daggers, then the only reason to keep it is synergy. Now unfortunately my daggers have limited realm variety, but eh.

So! Here's hoping for the next pull! Time to scrape together all the mythril I can!

Seigyoku and Agarash like this.