Greetings! Long time player, finally want to do some Nightmares and eventually Magicite!

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by DudeJesse, Jun 3, 2018.

1. DudeJesse

DudeJesse Member Dude, the Brute

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Will do! Thanks for all the help.

Just attmpted the spirit dungeon and got wrecked. Got him to 50 percent.

2. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    Just bring 3 DPS of the element the boss is weak to, a healer, and either wall or a buff. RW whatever is left. They should be cake if you do that.

3. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Just mastered it, 34s.

Is the same similar to magicite as well? Bring an elemental team + healer + buff?

4. Jan

Jan :chocobo: Admin Staff Member Administrator

Friend Code:
    9k2f
    Full Legend Characters:
    Magicite are really hard. Well, maybe not as hard as they used to be, but they're certainly the end game content. But you can approach each one differently. Certain teams work best for them, but each one has it's own quirks. When you're ready to tackle them, do a little bit of reading on each, craft a team and test it out. They don't really cost anything, you don't lose stamina or keystones if you die. Only if you beat the fight, so tinkering with the lineup can be done without wasting anything.

DudeJesse likes this.
  5. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Good to know!

6. Roche

Roche "Not that Biker SOLDIER" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Magicites are harder. This one basically allows you 1 SB gauge charge to go crazy at the start. So by right you should be able to kill within 30s easily.

For Magicites, you need to balance between DPS, survival, buffs casting and SB charging. U don't need to pay attention to mitigation after protectga/shellga/wall. You could try to beat magicites without bothering the recorded time. Like I said, finish the mote dungeons first before you fret about Magicites.

Otherwise, just get to collecting keystones in the meantime.

7. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    I beat the spirit mote tonberry pretty easily, but the Dex mote boss I am struggling wifh, any tips for him?

8. Roche

Roche "Not that Biker SOLDIER" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Depends. What do you have for Lightning elemental DPS? leaning towards a PHY or MAG team build?

9. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    I definitely have a mix of both, I was using Kain for his ultra, Laguna for imperil, bartz for his ultra and tyro for wall and ysh for heals. Getting stomped. I only got to 70 percent and everyone is dying.

10. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Perhaps some damage mitigation could help soften the blows?

11. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Yeah, ysh has protectga and tyro is doing wall. I might try power breakdown + full break.

12. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    I swapped Tyro with Ramza, used Chant and fullbreak + power breakdown. Got him to 50% and still dead, man this one is rough!

13. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Wait a second... Where is your primary party ATK buff? No Shout SSB or similar? If you have, say Quina USB or Cid (VII) SSB Pilot's Steel, open with it and stack with Ramza Chant. Alternative acceptable options include OK BSB, Rikku USB, and so forth.

You also read the following on the right before?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/7klvbc/refreshed_mote_dungeons_megathread/

Notes:
    • Another 100% physical fight. Wladisaus follows a very strict pattern: he will always start the fight with Ultimate Mounting Contempt (AoE 2K fixed damage) on his 1st turn, followed by Mortality (ST dispel, reduce DEF/RES by 30%) (Mortality is always followed immediately by a strong ST physical attack).
    • After the first two turns, he will repeat forever the following pattern: an AoE physical attack, a ST physical attack, Ultimate Mounting Contempt, and Mortality followed by ST attack.
    • Fairly straightforward fight, and lightning is a prevalent element.

14. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Yeah I checked them all, just getting used to setting up each team for the motes. I did beat him in 20s which is great with a new setup. Now to work on the vitality motes!

Roche likes this.
  15. DudeJesse

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Been working on hones and motes, got them all completed. I am now struggling on the jump start dungeons, what's a good team, setup for them?

16. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord PS1 Protagonist TOTS Warrior Supremacy Element: Bio Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Jump Starts give you full SB bars and you can’t generate more, so you’ll want to hit hard and hit fast.

EnElemental USBs or BSBs would be good, so that you can still use abilities after you run out of SBs.

Roche likes this.