Hacked big time

Discussion in 'General' started by xTeKt0n1c, Jul 1, 2018.

1. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Lazy Admin! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Multiple Forum Staff Forum Advocate

Medals:
    I am posting this to:

1. Raise awareness of a serious issue in account security (and vent)

2. Help people think twice before spending big

3. Encourage account security to be taken more seriously in FFRK

Day 1 and Sapphire MVP player reporting in. I have got hacked today, no idea how or why and I am so upset that if I do not post this then I won’t forgive myself. I was on cloud 9 after festival phase 3 and now I’m in sector 7 slums as I did not master the soul breaks yet of what was deleted so far by the hacker. A hacker has somehow broken into my account and keeps leaving me messages through my profile show below:

1st message: https://i.imgur.com/WBmnUHv.jpg

2nd message: https://i.imgur.com/lXLzdnz.jpg

3rd message: https://i.imgur.com/50BAXS9.jpg

The hacker has currently deleted almost every non armour and non vaulted item which I have gained since the big game overhaul.. I have a feeling this isn’t the end of it until DENA hopefully suspends my account to investigate. They still have access because once in there is nothing what I can do to stop them... I have contacted DENA and I am hoping for an ACCOUNT ROLLBACK to June 29th 2018. I do not care if I lose account access for a while as I need the account secured above all while DENA investigate. I do need assistance in this matter and I feel this needs to be publicised to warn others of the security flaws/risks of whaling. I have played and made spends on the game through iPhone and a June 2027?MacBook Pro (Nox Emulator). Device Softwares/OS’s are updated to the latest versions.

Here is preliminary proof that I spend legitimately (I can privately confirm my many many many receipts in more singular specific detail to trusted mods/DENA representatives etc. upon request)
    https://i.imgur.com/QuytJ5M.jpg

I am both the US/UK store because I am a British person living in NYC, US so I switch often (for country exclusive apps - banking/transport/business etc.).

Here are images of before/ after the relic deletion by the hacker:

Before: https://i.imgur.com/3Q7uzzU.jpg

After: https://i.imgur.com/0LWXchd.jpg

I have lost key things like Cecil gear/Ignis Usb/ cloud stuff/Elarra stuff and yes ok I chose a pointless old unique snow relic from one of the banners (GUILTY) EDIT: The hacker has now deleted everything - even my eggs!!!

I am officially a slain whale.... this is a horrible feeling and I feel the need to report it because WHY SHOULD WHALES SUPPORT GAMES WHERE WE LOSE $10000s OF STUFF...

I have not heard back from DENA yet as I only sent the support ticket tonight. I also don’t think this is over as the way I understand FFRK account security - once linked you can never unlink - so the hacker can do what they like now short of DENA’s intervention. They have been good with me in the past so I ain’t gunna bash on DENA and I hope they keep up this trend! If they do I will definitely report good feedback publicly.

——————————

Update 01: A sleep later since posting this thread and the hacker has finally gone full crazy on me since realising I ain’t gunna play his 2 day game:

Full relic deletion: https://i.imgur.com/JwhdSiR.jpg

And a lovely message: https://i.imgur.com/LoBMokJ.jpg

——————————

Update 02: To anybody suspecting that I used 3rd party - this isn’t true. I am happy to send a moderator a few hundred receipts to be a middleman to verify if needbe. DENA has also restored my account on 2 occasions in the past due to weird sync errors which included full investigation which also meant proof of ownership and spends. I am going to use those histories to assist with my plea to DENA.

My biggest concern is if the hacker has loaded illegal stuff onto the account hence partly why I wanted to post something publicly ASAP - When comprised hold your hands up as fast as possible to cover yourself for anything dodgy which happens after.

——————————

Update 03: WE ARE LEGION!!! Does anybody know if this phrase (from the hacker) has any meaning/significance in FFRK?

New message from the hacker: https://i.imgur.com/ePgWCr8.jpg

Abilities now gone: https://i.imgur.com/QNMGAb1.jpg

He even deleted/used my eggs: https://i.imgur.com/S92uawt.jpg

The egg removal is honestly dedication to their cause. It’s so childish it’s unbelievable. I’m amazed they went to all this effort because it takes an age to delete stuff in FFRK.

2. Luxord

Luxord Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Dark Defier of Fate

God, this is really bad. I really, really hope that DeNa will solve this asap and give what has been taken from you. And, most of all, increase account security to avoid other situations like yours.

Thanks for sharing your (bad) experience. Again, I hope you'll get your account back asap, with improved security.
    Inform us on the development if you'd like :)

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Well Known Member Supremacy Element: Dark Successor of SeeD TOTS Warrior Dark Hime

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Full Legend Characters:
    Bartz, Tidus, Cloud, Squall, Tifa, Terra, TG Cid, Lightning, Cyan, Ayame, Ashe, Aerith, Cid Raines, Y'shtola, LuLu, Maria, Alphinaud, Edge, Shelke, Onion Knight, Riku
    Sorry to heard that Tek, hope everything will be fine on you.
    Now it's the time to see what kind of action DeNA will take , starring at DeNA

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  4. lucifer316

lucifer316 Official RKF Underworld Contact Tyro's Dad

Medals:
    Holy cow Tek this is truly awful. I hope that it gets resolved quickly for your benefit.

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  5. Anonymous111

Anonymous111 New Member

Friend Code:
    Ert5
    Stuff like this is why I'm free to play. It sucks, but you'll manage. Tomorrow always come and what's lost can always be recovered.

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  6. pookkachan

pookkachan Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    Totally against cyber kidnaping. Luckily account can be recreated and I hope DeNA will take action ASAP.

7. Wolf

Wolf Ghost Member Supremacy Realm: Tactics

Full Legend Characters:
    Ramza / Yuffie / Orlandeau / Onion Knight / Luneth / Squall / Galuf / Tyro / Mog / Faris / Cloud / Eiko / Y' shtola / Lighting / Rinoa / Garland / Terra
    sorry to hear another round of bad news for you with FFRK.
    As, @Abaraxas said " your in too deep to kick out now "
    I agree, fight on sir , good luck

xTeKt0n1c likes this.
  8. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Lazy Admin! Staff Member Administrator Moderator Multiple Forum Staff Forum Advocate

Medals:
    Yeah I’m gunna fight hard for this. DENA will NOT respond quickly to this one as it’s a rather serious situation and I made it rather public (Over 6k views on Reddit). Hopefully they can shut the account down, delete access to everybody, rollback the account then give it back to me on a single platform.

Cloudedstrife, Luxord and Deuce like this.
  9. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate! Moderator Multiple Forum Staff

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    VsdP
    Dammit Tek. I don't even know what to say other than "sorry."

Keep up the fight. Hopefully Dena can make magic happen again for you. I'd love to find a way to get back at that hacker. /rage

10. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I saw your post on reddit too, and wish you best of luck.

I was wondering: did you ever link your account with (the now shot down) FFRK Central? They could have gotten access from there maybe.

11. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
  12. xTeKt0n1c

Medals:
    DENA have got my info but are struggling to get my .png images of my receipts due to their crap inbox system so I am mailing them across many emails slowly and confirming them. They have their developer team investigating which is great because this means they are helping me which is fantastic and all I can ask for! The investigation is going to totally take some time though and it all sucks hard.

13. Cloudedstrife

Cloudedstrife Bro Mod(e): Activate! Moderator Multiple Forum Staff

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    VsdP
    This is a big step. Hopefully they can get it up and running again on a new account for you bro.

OhCanada and xTeKt0n1c like this.
  14. xTeKt0n1c

Medals:
    I hope so too!

15. Monzi

Monzi New Member

Friend Code:
    9gNf
    Full Legend Characters:
    Tyro, Elarra, WoL, OK, Edge, Bartz, Terra, Locke, Cloud, Zack, Aerith, Shelke, Yuffie, Squall, Kuja, Tidus, Ashe, Larsa, Lightning, Raines, Yshtola, Noctis, Iris, Orlandeau, Ace, Sora
    Hey there..
    You also post in FFRecordKeeper sub right?
    Hope you're account is back and ok again.

16. Aueh

Aueh Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Holy hell Tek. You have no luck with this game have you?

Anyway, any updates currently?