Help me tweak my first attempt at a life-siphon party

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by Baenre, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Baenre

Baenre New Member

Hey guys, long time no see. I know I haven't been in chat much lately but I still visit the site a few times a week at least (more lately) and love reading through chat when I don't have time to jump in. Anywho, I told myself I wouldn't pull on this new banner because I want a Wall, but I got to reading the reddit pull thread.... I spent 150 mithril, and got a fusion sword (yay!) along with tifa's fist.

So I started thinking, if I were to try out this strategy, what would it look like right now for my group. I have no ssb and the one BSB, but Tifa's glove has a 5.0 multiplier, which isn't shabby with the group attack boost, so I put together the following team, but I am looking for tips, suggestions or criticism on my party. Party.JPG
    Notable information:
    Assume the abilities are all rank 4 or above except for full break (rank2)
    Leon has Hand of the Emperor SB
    Sazh has Boon SB
    Depending on the fight Sazh would have a different breakdown, and Leon could have different abilities entirely, I was unsure what to put on him. Cloud and Tifa's second abilities could be changed as well.
    I would plan on using a Wall RW. probably start the show with Vanille using RW, Sazh Hasting, Leon breaking, Tifa/Cloud Life-siphoning.

Luninareph and Evil Crusader like this.
  2. Nekokyonshi

Nekokyonshi Super Saiyaneko

OMG, BAAAAAAAAAAAAE!

All I can say, is that it looks fairly solid to me! Haste, Shellga, SG/SS2 RW, AoE Heal + Protectga (Assuming that's a Wrymfang on Vanille) and the lovely, oh EVER so lovely Fenrir Overdrive! I haven't been back for long either, so I probably can't speak fully, but it looks like it could have a nice crack at the Ultimates (Though, Bahamut SIN is supposed to be a real pain. Fusion Sword is a big boost in that department though.)

My only criticism, albeit out of personal preference, is that there's no thief! Steal Power is very useful, and then there's the inevitable Thief Raid, which is a 5 hit Drain Strike, 0.7x multiplier per hit, if the characters speed is over 170. (4 hit for speed over 160, 3 if over 150, etc.)

3. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader The Very (N)Ice Cream Mod

Medals:
    As long as he uses Tifa, there's not much value to be gleamed from Steal Power over Power Breakdown, and while Thief's Raid is nice, it's still one month into the future.
    I would maybe consider Mog over Vanille because of Heroic Harmony, as it stacks up nicely with everything; as for Leon, I'd rather build him as a tank and spam Armor Strike rather than doing some mild Break action while waiting for the inevitable Saint's Cross. Later down the line, you might want to give a crack to even more stacking with Dark Raid! :D

4. Baenre

Baenre New Member

Hey Neko, nice to see you, it's been awhile. I thought about steal power, but I don't think it stacks with Tifa's SB that I have equipped(2x 2.5 strikes with 35% party attack buff). Evil, I thought about using Mog, but I was concerned about not having a good aoe heal and the ultimate bosses having breakdown resistance, does that make the return from Mog's SB still viable? If I had his spear I think it would be a no brainer. For Leon, I contemplated creating and honing another Lifesiphon to R3-4 to be able to reliably keep up his buff, does that sound viable?

5. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader The Very (N)Ice Cream Mod

Medals:
    A second Lifesiphon doesn't impact too much your Orb stacks, isn't going to be less useful in the foreseeable future and definitely helps Leon; consider the skills I've mentioned too, though!
    As for Mog, well, HH by itself is meh, the real value comes from stacking - if you can get the bosses below 400 stat you get quite a bit of extra value from debuffing. Don't you have any shared healing SB?