Help with magicite

Discussion in 'Characters & Equipments' started by Wolf, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Wolf

Wolf Ghost Member Supremacy Realm: Tactics

Full Legend Characters:
    Ramza / Yuffie / Orlandeau / Onion Knight / Luneth / Squall / Galuf / Tyro / Mog / Faris / Cloud / Eiko / Y' shtola / Lighting / Rinoa / Garland / Terra / Sephiroth / Krile / Locke / Iris / Shelke / Alma / Sora / Riku / Tidus / Cloud of Darkness / Shadow / Paladin Cecil / Auron / Zidane / Snow / Fujin
    So , I finally got into the dungeon a week ago and grinded like a beast,
    problem is I dont know, whats good or not, the best way to use inherit.
    Any help with how to move on in this way is helpful. I will grind for the needed
    1* or 2* ones with your tips.

fullsizeoutput_32c.jpeg fullsizeoutput_32e.jpeg fullsizeoutput_330.jpeg

Tags for members to help if possible:
    @Jamie @Roche @AK-Exodus @Deuce and any one you guys can think of, thanks

and grats on your new position @OhCanada

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    Roche likes this.
  2. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator Onion Knight Master TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Firstly, top utility magicites that possibly will last even in 5* Magicites: Enkidu, Unicorn

Next, any magicite with imperil element on entry are also worth keeping: Wendigo (imperil ice), Earth Dragon (earth), Hydra (lightning), Mom Bomb (fire), Shadow Dragon (dark).

Some other noteworthy ones that maybe worth keeping: Bismarck (bubble from fire), Phantom (bubble from holy)

Also, personally I won't worry with inheritance for 3*s. Only worry about it once you nab your first L99 4* magicite.

3. Wolf

Full Legend Characters:
    Ramza / Yuffie / Orlandeau / Onion Knight / Luneth / Squall / Galuf / Tyro / Mog / Faris / Cloud / Eiko / Y' shtola / Lighting / Rinoa / Garland / Terra / Sephiroth / Krile / Locke / Iris / Shelke / Alma / Sora / Riku / Tidus / Cloud of Darkness / Shadow / Paladin Cecil / Auron / Zidane / Snow / Fujin
    so get all 24 3* and get them to 99 and fa-get-a-boot-it:p

list all the ones i NEED to get.

say a bit more about what this means.

Lastly, how do you level up the inheritence the best, do they have to be of the same element?
    does using different elements level faster? the one you see I did, I have no idea what I did.
    I just kept adding any lower than 3* until it said I maxed it out. I am sure there is a better way.

and thanks for answering so quickly, I knew you were Mod material. You and Kanto make me proud

4. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator Onion Knight Master TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Enkidu and Unicorn are must haves. Get two if u need two (this is to play around with inheritance).
    • When u click to use your equipped main magicite Enkidu in a fight, he casts White Wind, a minor medica with esuna effect (removes all ailments except stop)
    • When u click to use your equipped main magicite Unicorn in a fight, he casts ___ Horn, a party minor regeneration buff and astra (prevents all ailments, including stop, once)
    As for the "imperil element" ones, up to you really. Some just head into 4* Magicites directly.

Specifically,
    • When u click to use your equipped main magicite Wendigo in a fight, he casts ____, a 3-hit AOE attack that afflicts two stacks of imperil ice (ice shield/resistance temporarily lowered by 10% for each stack, max 6 stacks; most imperil stacks from magicites and SBs would land two, hence, -20% ice resistance, or +20% vulnerability to ice attacks while stacks are active). In short, imperil ice.
    • Repeat for Hydra, but imperil lightning.
    • Etc
    U can only level up / Upgrade Magicites up to L99 using arcanas or other magicites. They're like growth eggs, except only for magicites.

However, Inheritance occurs when u can only start "feeding" other magicites into a selected magicite when that selected one is L99. (Remember to lock those which you intend to keep) aside from stat boosts, the selected one could gain an additional passive ability from its feed, depending on conditions. Naturally, u would prefer to inherit into the selected one a max leveled passive, often meaning feeding it another L99 magicite.
    E.g.1 Enkidu can gain another Magic Boon, Attack Boon or Empower Wind passive ability from its feed.
    E.g.2 Enkidu cannot gain the passive abilities empower ice, or empower fire, and etc various, due to compatible element restrictions.
    In your case, it might've been better to feed your 1*,2* magicites to your L99 Enkidu as inheritance. And it appears you'd already done so for Phantom.

5. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Personally, I like to keep at least one copy of every magicite with a cast effect. I wouldn't worry about inheritances yet because they'll be wasted one you start getting 4* stuff. In terms of clearing 4*s I would do a trial run with the imperil magicite first, and if you're having trouble, bring a magicite that has a more defensive ability, like weakening enemy element attacks.

Roche likes this.
  6. Wolf

Full Legend Characters:
    which element is this?

@Starkiller @OhCanada thanks a ton, just started first level torrment, won a few:eek:

Roche likes this.
  7. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Unicorn drops from Mist Dragon (Holy). RNG / Drop tracker required for drops. You did get Kirin, but i strongly suggest you don't invest (magicite feed or arcana) in it anymore. Maybe once you get your first L99 Unicorn or Enkidu, feed Kirin into one of them via inheritance.

8. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Alternatively, I still don’t have a lvl 99 Unicorn or Enkidu. Getting them to 99 doesn’t really matter since they don’t do damage. Lvl 80 gets you the max buffs.

9. Wolf

Full Legend Characters:
    fullsizeoutput_332.jpeg fullsizeoutput_333.jpeg

Thanks Sifu

Roche likes this.
  10. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Alrighty then. Once you're done with L99 Enkidu, and if you don't intend to get any imperil element ones, time to look into where to start in 4* Magicites.

Else, Among the 3* imperil elements that appear limited in SBs, I would rank their priority to upgrade to L99 as follows:
    • Wendigo (from Sealion)
    • Earth Dragon (from Golem)
    • Shadow Dragon
    • Mom Bomb (from Liquid Flame)
    • Hydra

11. Wolf

Full Legend Characters:
    A huge thanks to all that gave advice and inspiration, this magicite stuff is HARD.
    gonna take a break, see how I look after the anniversary and go from there. I maxed all 3* and 99 all Fire 4* I have two other 4* and will start again then.

fullsizeoutput_335.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_337.jpeg
    Heros:
    @Roche @Jamie @Starkiller @OhCanada @AK-Exodus @Abaraxas and everyone who talked about success in chat.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2019
    Deuce likes this.
  12. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
  13. OhCanada

Medals:
    Nice man, they're all hard for us at the beginning, but once you start to get the next set of them you can really feel the difference. I think it's a lot easier to do them in elemental order because each will directly help you for the next batch.