Hey

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Procione, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Procione

Procione New Member

Hello everyone, I'm a old player which come back playing after a long time, I almost completed all nightmare dungeons, but I don't know how to find meta news, neither how to complete magicite dungeons. Would be a pleasure if someone could teach me something thanks.

Kantolin and Roche like this.
  2. Wolf

Wolf Advocate/Patron

Full Legend Characters:
    any character with AASB
    Old member, day one player,
    she may seem empty but this forum was a busy friendly place.
    not much posting happens now but the chatroom is a better place tp get help now.
    Have no fear of trolling, all are seasoned players and pleasant folk.

tel em Wolf recommends. you will see:)
    @Kantolin @OhCanada @Roche @Jan @joshua

3. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    Hey Procione, there's lots of threads in the magicite thread with detailed guides on each of those bosses. In general though, most of the 3* and 4* magicite will be a cake walk if you have an Arcane Awakening Soul Break (AASB), a Sync, or the new Dyad SBs in the corresponding element. The general meta comp these days is Healer, Chain (CSB) user, 2 DPS, and then the final slot could be either utility or another DPS, depending on the need of the fight.

Do you have any specific questions to get you going?

Roche likes this.
  4. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    As for characters, it entirely depends on what you have for someone. First thing you'll want to do is pull a little on the modern banners. The currently running Luck of the Realms banners are a GREAT way to start since you can get at least 17 relics for only 85 mythril. After that you can consider one of two paths.

The first is discounted banners, "elemental lucky relic draw" and "realm relic draw" (11 relics for 15 mythril). These relics are a little older but if you have a low amount of relics overall then they can get you a lot of bang for your buck to get started. The cost 15 myth for the first pull only on each, don't do more than one. Personally, this path is my recommendation.

The second path would be to pull on some of the most recent banners, such as the current Fireworks Festival, or the X banner (showing Yuna and Paine). The banners cost 50 mythril for the same 11 relics, but they're mostly new relics, so you're pulling from a more curated pool.

In either case, after you pull a little and get some relics you should head over to The Record Lab (accessible via "item exchange" on the home screen), and pick up some new relics to shore up your holes. If you don't have a healer Ultra, Awakening, or sync by this point I would consider picking up Ultra's for either Aerith or Elarra. From Aerith you're looking for her Healing Rod relic, and for Elarra you're looking for Magika Album. Either of those should carry you to modern content on the healing front.

Roche likes this.
  5. Roche

Roche "Not that Biker SOLDIER" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Hello @Procione . Welcome once more to the forums.

Based on the current available content and power creep, the current endgame Meta is divided into
    1. either element-specific challenges (basically all Magicite battles; also further divided into physical and magical); or
    2. Realm-specific challenges (all Cardia dungeons)
    The good old stacking buff (such as MAG and MAG+MND party buffs) or stacking debuff (such as PBD and Full Break) Meta, is more tactical and strategically used nowadays. For example, instead of using an AASB or Tyro OSB to overwrite Dreambreaker Full Break, some players prefer to combine Warrior's Hymn (BRD for ATK), stacking ATK+X party buffs, crit fixing and +crit dmg buffs (Ramza SSB2 or Elarra USB2) to get around that boss debuff mechanic.

On completing endgame content, I made the following checklist:
    • Is winning Magicite your priority?
      • Are all 3* Magicites already won?
      • Are all 4* Magicites already won?
      • Are all 5* Magicites already won? (Here, readying your 5* Magicites and it's inheritance become key)
      • Are you able to satisfy the weekly & monthly Magicite missions to gain Mythril & other rewards?
      • Is Dark Odin Magicite already won for at least five elements? (The Echoes accessory does help to cut down inventory space)
      • Are all 6* Magicites already won? (Here, readying your 6* Magicites and it's inheritance become key)
      • Is White Odin Magicite already won? (Here, readying your White Odin Magicite and it's inheritance become key)
    • Is winning Cardia your priority?
      • Are all Dreams already won?
      • Are all Torment Dungeons already won and mastered?
      • Are you able to satisfy the weekly Citadel of Trials missions to gain Rat Tails? (Here, readying your Historia Crystal become key)
      • Are you able to beat the DreamBreaker (DB) dungeon for X Realm?
    Depending on your gaps at whichever stage of endgame content you're aiming to win, then you assess which future banners to go after.

Personally, I'm after the next Year 6 Anniversary (Y6A) festival scheduled on end of March 2021. In between then, there are tantalizing banners which maybe tempting, such as Cid Raines Sync in FF13 event and Ardyn's debut in FF15 event. Do drop by the chatbox here more often to talk about your plans!