How to beat Ultimate Dungeons (140+)?

Discussion in 'General' started by S3PH1M4X, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Hibernis

Hibernis Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    I always favour characters with BSB and then the ones with OSB/USBs for my MC3.

I didn't read the whole page, but in case you're wondering, if you have enough Rosetta Stones and want to use them, I always favor using them on 6* relics.

Right now I have 4 relics with full Rosettas:

- Pecil's OSB sword (for general physical attackers)
    - Faris' Longcoat (for strong DEF factor)
    - Selphie's USB staff (for high MND)
    - Shantotto's Iridal Staff (for general magic users)

As you can see I have a strong substitute relic for physical/magical DPS, healers and a strong armor for some cases where I lack good synergy relics for a specific realm.
    When you're able to beat the 220 difficulty dungeons you will be able to collect Rosettas more easily and think better on where to spend them and strenghten your equipment ;D

S3PH1M4X likes this.
  2. S3PH1M4X

S3PH1M4X New Member

Friend Code:
    Kb9o
    Rosetta Stones, hm? Totally forgot about them...

As of now, the only relics in my possession I would deem worthy of augmenting, are:

- Beatrix' Ultima Blade (with 169 ATK at Augment Level 3/30, by far my strongest sword at the moment, equippable by virtually everyone that isn't a full grown mage + holy damage boost)
    - Rinoa's Twin Viper (ranged weapon, really nice stats + earth damage boost as Synergy Bonus)
    - Onion Knight's Gauntlets (great overall stats (25 Points not only in ATK and MAG, but also in MND) - which make them applicable to everyone who can carry bracers + minor blind resistance...also I merged two of them to a 6* relic)
    - and maybe Tyro's Keeper's Frock Coat (due to his pretty high DEF and RES stats, despite of being a Light Armor, and the additional resistance to Silence and Instant KO as Synergy Bonus)

Right now I have exactly 30 Rosetta Stones in my inventory (+ a few 5* relics, that I'd never use anyway). So, should I use them on 1 or 2 of the relics listed above, or should I keep them for a better relic, that may or may not come along in the (hopefully) not so distant future, like the little wimpy hoarder that I am? :oops::Crying Laughing:

3. Hibernis

Hibernis Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    I'm a hoarder too, but given the fact that Rosettas are now more accessible to me and the other players who can beat the 220 difficulty, I started using them more often. If you happen to draw one of the strongest relic in a specific stat (ATK, DEF, MAG etc), I'd use the Rosettas on it IF I were you.
    But that's my personal experience. ;)

4. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Well-Known Member

Medals:
    For OK to actually become really good you need to not only bring him to L99 (or at least 96), but also you need OK Motes (along with 3* and 4* Motes) to complete his spheres. That way, he'll get access to a lot of 5* skills which makes him a hell of a lot better.

I would recomend getting OK's MC3 later on if you get access to the required motes to finish his spheres but, unless you have his BSB, it's not a priority right now.

PS: for Rosetta Stones, you'll usually want to focus them on augmenting gear that has elemental boost.

S3PH1M4X likes this.
  5. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
    Since Hope doesn't have a self faithga I don't think he's going to outpace a phys DPS under Shout, even with an elem weakness. Gonna be hard for him to build gauge too.

S3PH1M4X likes this.
  6. S3PH1M4X

S3PH1M4X New Member

Friend Code:
    Kb9o
    I already put Hope out of the Team, because he really did no significant damage (even with holy imperil he barely cracked the 2k mark per hit with his Explosive Fist BSB).

Right now I'm trying out several chars as replacement, to see what hero I'm most comfortable with, too. I'm tempted to use Yda. Her Twin Snake Dragon Kick SSB and Forbidden Chakra BSB make her a pretty good additional physical Supporter with a decent amount of damage. So, for now I'll probably stick with her for the time being.

OhCanada likes this.