I know why, the caged bird sings now

Discussion in 'General' started by Wolf, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Wolf

Wolf Ghost Member Supremacy Realm: Tactics

Full Legend Characters:
    Ramza / Yuffie / Orlandeau / Onion Knight / Luneth / Squall / Galuf / Tyro / Mog / Faris / Cloud / Eiko / Y' shtola / Lighting / Rinoa / Garland / Terra
    So after a few weeks of not buying my way through this game,
    I finally realize why F2P players and others guard their gems so much.

BAD DRAWS, EAT IT

Having a settle for dupes and sub standard relics after spending
    so much time devoted to the game is nuts. I have let the entire summer
    fest go without, trying to get things by buying gems and the rates for success are
    horrible. I understand why now, when players wait and wring their hands over
    drawing options that may or may not work out.

I will always play even if not everyday or every events cycle, because I'm invested
    too much in the game, but I WILL have to become a better player , instead of
    relying on good equipment to win. Real players deserve the rewards of the game,
    while collectors like me, are just spectators.

I salute you champions and only look into the abyss into which you dive and say,
    " Good Luck dude, I'm not going down there, so have a drink for me ,when you win"​

Lounas, Jan, OhCanada and 2 others like this.
  2. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator Onion Knight Master TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    So... Welcome to the F2P life?

3. cactusJed

cactusJed Absolute Warlord I am a Cactus

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    RNG only supports the gem users? Is that actually built in?

4. lucifer316

lucifer316 Official RKF Underworld Contact Tyro's Dad

Medals:
    If you spend enough you create your own RNG. Except in the case of Healing Grimoire.

cactusJed likes this.
  5. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I can imagine the adjustment is not small @Wolf . Buying gems is nothing to be looked down on, and as someone who pays for all of us F2P to be able to continue to enjoy the game, calling yourself a spectator is a disservice. With all F2P games, purchases should be a way to exchange money for a shorter route to success, so if you have the money but you don't have the time, you can still enjoy the game you like. It requires a discipline of knowing what you are able and willing to spend on gacha, so as long as you have that there is no problem with either approaches.

Being F2P will mean that you will require a different kind of discipline:
    - Do I have more dupes on this banner than I am comfortable with? SKIP
    - Do I want to bang my head against this A++ CM for hours on end for 2MM gil? Is there really a point? SKIP, steamroll with A-team
    - Do I want to pull on less favourable banners for a magicite content/neo torment content to be able to claim the rewards? They are not going anywhere. SKIP

You get the point. You don't want to get to the situation of "in soviet Russia, game plays you".

Wolf likes this.