LD Shelke - Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Characters & Equipments' started by Kenlimkenlim, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Now that Shelke’s LD is available, I’m sure some players have or plan to LD her. She becomes the fastest wrath-entrusting by some distance with her LM2.

I’ve always planned to LD her, but I find myself holding back. So would like to hear if others are holding back too, or is the general consensus that she’s well worth the motes. Vitality motes, of course, are in high demand.

xTeKt0n1c and Vetis09 like this.
  2. robaisolken

robaisolken Official RKF Technique Instructor Staff Member

Yes. No dex mote usage make it very easy decision
    And on general usage, if you ever want to bring a battery into any battle, there are no reason to settle for anything less.

3. Deuce

Deuce Well Known Member

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Multi Player Raid#:
    I fully dived her immediately, reason I don't want myself struggle too long to make this decision.
    200 5*mote is kinda pain for battery. When I look back my magicite run, yes...there's few magicite I run with entruster
    Take a look at japan 4* magicite, japan keeper using lot battery too, so I don't hold myself this time, it might be not the best choice but believe there's nothing do with worth or not worth here.
    Without quick or instant battery you still can run the game but if you get one, it should be extra bonus.
    So magicite will be year game until 5*, at least you know battery still can last for year.

cactusJed, Vetis09 and Kenlimkenlim like this.
  4. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I find myself hesitating too. Similar to you Ken, I probably have a lot of strong damage/support characters that I want to legend dive before Shelke. I seem to be able to sub-30 magicite without a haste/IC3 combo of any kind, so while I think it makes some speed runs a lot easier, I don't think it's required. I would wait until you hit the point where you feel like it's holding you back from what you want to do before LDing her. That's how I generally approach spending all my limited resources in FFRK.

Kenlimkenlim likes this.
  5. Elskidor

Elskidor Foundation Member

For some reason I thought she took Dexterity so that is much kinder looking, but I can still think of several I'd rather prioritize before considering a character to play pure battery. That's just me though. I'll do a bit of battery play but it's not my thing. Magicite speed heavily favors it but again that's only one aspect of the game and one I'm not holding above everything else. I just have too many other diving candidates.

Kenlimkenlim likes this.
  6. talsa88

talsa88 Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    Honestly, I think it depends on your situation. For the majority of players, I'd agree, but for people like myself, many of whose best characters (Ramza, Raines, Terra, Cloud, Lightning) are Wrath/LS-able on their own, it's less necessary. I definitely plan on fully LD-ing her, but between her and people like my Faris (all SBs but USB1 or LMR), my best debuffer, who is also SUP5 and not yet fully-dived like my aforementioned besties...it's more ambiguous. :blinking godo:

7. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    I'm holding back because I'm not even trying to sub30 magicite (I'm fine with sub60).
    I'll probably change my mind when 4* will come here... Unless I happen to get OP USBs before and burn all my motes(unlikely but may happen) :D

Kenlimkenlim and talsa88 like this.
  8. talsa88

talsa88 Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    Exactly. I commend all the Keepers pulling off the sub30 feats, but I just don't think that the rewards are worth the struggle for me personally. Fight on, everybody else, I'll stick to my nostalgia battles! :Fire Black Mage:

OhCanada and Kenlimkenlim like this.
  9. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    The two Major Orbs for sub-30 are a pretty good return. I hated the thought of "losing out" on those orbs, which is why I worked on getting sub-30 for all 8 a little while back. Which adds to my conundrum; now that I can already sub-30 everything without Shelke's LD, it looks a lot less urgent.

Opportunity cost is also obviously a big consideration. Setzer, Faris, Fran all take the same motes, and Ramza will shoot to the top of that list if I land his USB and LMR.

For now, I think I will hold off for the time being.

Starkiller likes this.
  10. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    This, basically. When it comes to 5* motes, there is a bigger demand for Dex, so Vit isn't that much of an issue.

Shelke full LD becomes a one-stop shop for all your battery needs. If you just need to entrust someone at the start of the battle (Bartz, Edge, Shadow, etc), you can just equip her with Mako Might and insta-entrust. If you need to use a setup with 2 bars, you can equip her with Mako Might, then Wrath x2 and Entrust. And otherwise you can also use her with Ace Striker to charge up more bars throughout the fight, or instacast RW at the start, etc.

talsa88 likes this.
  11. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Dex+Vit is still one of the most in demand combinations though. If I LD Shelke for example, I’ll have to delay LDing Cloud.

talsa88 likes this.
  12. talsa88

talsa88 Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    Eh, for me the 2 orbs, being something I can get in dailies fairly easily with enough farming, don't seem worth it given how I prefer to enjoy the game, but as a fellow completionist in general, I totally get where you're coming from. I'm willing to work for stuff like Torment CMs because Crystals are (at least right now) still relatively rare, but if I can get it from dailies, I'll just do that, personally. To each their own!

(Also, I currently have Ramza USB/SSB1/SSB2 and he's fully dived, and I can say that he makes magicites FAR easier, especially for physical teams! No more counting to the millisecond to ensure perfectly timed buffs!)

13. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    While dailies are much easier, I’m coming from a rewards per stamina angle. And from that angle, Torment farming is king, but Magicites is a close second. Superior even, at half stamina. I refresh to farm, so the rewards per stamina ratio makes a huge difference over time.

Agreed, Ramza with Shout, USB and LM2 would be an awesome support, offering something quite different from Shelke. If I pull his USB I’ll consider LDing him instead. If I get his LMR and BSB2 as well, he’s definitely getting the motes.

talsa88 likes this.
  14. xTeKt0n1c

xTeKt0n1c The Art of Mod! Staff Member

Medals:
    I’m considering the same thing. I dived my first character today finally - Cloud. I’m planning on Shelke next then maybe bartz or cid.

15. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    I agree with you Ken that magicite farming is GREAT value when under 30 seconds. Which is why it is limited to once per day :) I'm still missing Fire, Lightning (less than ONE second!!!), and Earth under 30.

The fact you sub 30 everything without the wrath queen, I don't see why you dive Shelke. I would wait for 4 Star magicite to see if you need her.

Personally, she was the sole reason for my sub 30 water and I'm now collecting Summon Orbs to hone Odin with his amazing buff coming later this month :D

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    cactusJed likes this.
  16. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Torment IX drops Summon and Wind orbs. I’m farming there to get enough MSOs for Odin, Ogopogo, and Madeen.

majicalways likes this.
  17. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
  18. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    I'm also farming 9 torment and with pretty good success with Summon Orbs. I haven't actually won any wind orbs yet.

Ogopogo? I had to look him up. Looks good :) Will it be the same as Tiamat? I can never seem to reach 3 hits.

19. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Yes, 2 and 3 hits at 599 and 1191 Mag. With two faithgas, you’ll still need 705 Mag to get to three hits. 588 if you have burst mode or a 20% RM. Without RS, those numbers are not easy to reach.

20. Walksy

Walksy Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    KRTB
    I was determined to dive Shelke since her release (had already 99'd and 3/4* record dive the day she was released), but when her LD arrived I waffled for a bit as I've already sub-30'd all 3* magicite. In the end I went for it anyway. It made those sub-30 teams using a battery that much faster, so less RNG dependant and reduced s/l. Admitedly more of a QOL upgrade, but still not regreting it. Any future Apoc+ or super boss time attacks where I want a battery will be that much faster. As well, I've watched a lot of sub-30 4* magicite vids and realized I don't have the hones (or chains) for most ability spam strats, but enelement dps/battery still appears quite viable. Lastly, as robai pointed out, she doesn't use Dex which is my current bottleneck for my planned LDs (Tidus, Zack, Edge).

Kenlimkenlim likes this.