Mage team help

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by DudeJesse, Sep 9, 2017.

1. DudeJesse

DudeJesse New Member

Friend Code:
    KvxF
  2. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    You can use Onion Knight for haste and Faithga 1. The add in Kuja for imperil dark, and his OSB. Use Emperor to exploit the imperil dark. I would then use Alph for his Tactics, which gives Faithga 2 and radiant shield. Y'sh is a great healer for you. For roaming warrior, I'd look to Rapha or Raines for Faithga 3, or Malak for some debuffs.

3. felixier

felixier Salt Mountain Staff Member

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    Onion knight and alph provide the same faithga. But at times radient shield is strong enough to use it anyways. So typically you'd skip alph and bring that rapha or raines. Besides that, excellent advice as usual mage ^.^

Whiteadder likes this.
  4. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Yeah, that's true. Alph has a strong BSB anyways. Wait, I didn't notice that DudeJesse has Sheepsong. In this case, keep Alph for his Faithga and replace Onion Knight with Krile. This will mean needing several honed spells for Krile and Alph to cast.

5. DudeJesse

DudeJesse New Member

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Which spells should I go for?

6. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Right, right. I forgot to post. Okay, so the team I'm thinking of is

Onion Knight: 30/30 Faithga + Haste, brings breakdown and full break, casts his command 2 from BSB.
    Kuja: BSB and OSB are boosted by Doom. So have a r1 Momento Mori (also a magic buff) and spam Dark Zone until burst mode is ready. Will probably need r3 Dark Zone
    Y'sh with Wrath + Shellga/Protectga or Wrath + Curaja, or Curaja + Shellga/Protectga.
    Emperor: Dire Heal spammer. I would put Shella/Protectga on Emperor and run Wrath + Curaja on Y'sh. If both protect and shell are needed, adjust as necessary. If you don't have the orbs for Dire Heal then try a Chain -ga spell the boss is weak to, or even 4* Drainga for exploiting the darkness imperil.
    Shatotto Second magic buff. Use whatever on her, and have her use the Raines roaming warrior for the third magic boost and then spam command one.

Honestly, last slot could be anyway. Kuja is already at softcap due to Momento Mori, Vessel of Fate, and Raines RW. Whomever uses Raines can use the command two to hit cap. So... if enemy is weak to fire, use Terra. Weak to wind, Alph. Water, Gogo. You could even throw in Golbez for his enDark, or Edea for another imperil dark. Krile would also give a stacking magic buff instead of Shatotto, just note that the haste won't stack with Onion Knight.

7. DudeJesse

DudeJesse New Member

Friend Code:
    KvxF
    Okay great! I'm slowly working on some hones now, any idea for materia?

I updated my profile with the mage team you suggested.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  8. Renzworth

Renzworth New Member

I couldn't help but notice no one has mentioned you can stack certain Faithga, so this is where I chime in. If you really want a strong mage team and you don't have imperils or chains then you can also stack Faithga. People like OK BSB, Rikku USB, Alphinaud SSB, Sazh BSB....they all have 30/30 atk/mag boost. Here's the great thing about that. Any other char with a lone faithga like Krile Sheepsong or Yuna 30/30 mag/mnd BSB, those stack. Its the same concept how Shout and Vessel of Fate stack. Even if you don't have the imperils or chains you are still looking at an additional 30% boost to damage. I've been using OK + Yuna for the longest time and those 2 alone will take you very far with mages. The rest is just gravy.

9. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Yes, Onion Knight plus Shantotto plus Raines RW gives the entire party +120% magic. In this setup, Kuja actually has about +170% magic during his burst.