Magicite Dawn - Earth Magicite: Savage Midgardsormr

Discussion in 'Magicite Content' started by Vetheran, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Source of info
    Notes: It seems we are getting it with the maintenance today. Also I remember a lot of people expressing their desire to have separate threads for the elements. An admin can merge the threads please, if you don't agree on separate threads.
    [​IMG]
    HP: 934,690
    Break Resist: 80%
    Weaknesses: Absorbs earth, 50% weak to wind, 50% resist to all other elements

• Midgarsormr is the "weakest" physically of the bunch. He still has a mixed arsenal, so you'll want both Protectga/Shellga for this fight.
    • The three most annoying things here are Entwine (ST physical attack, 21% chance to paralyze), Savage Tail (AoE physical attack, 21% chance to interrupt), and Savage Abyssal Maw (AoE magic piercing attack, 21% chance to slow). You'll want to balance bringing along earth resist with slow resist - you may want to keep earth resist for your lower HP characters and let the more sturdy ones bring along slow resist.
    • Note that at 80% HP, Midgardsormr will use Savage Abyssal Maw on his 2nd turn (and every 5 turns after that), and at 40% HP, he will use it on his 2nd and 3rd turns (and every 4 turns after that) - keep the turn counts in mind when rebuffing your hastega!
    • Note that Midgarsormr has the quickest enrage turn count out of all the bosses (30 turns, as opposed to 38 turns for the rest except Ixion, who does not enrage).

Roche, Deuce, Walksy and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    How the fuck do you pronounce that

tajid likes this.
  3. Walksy

Walksy Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    KRTB
  4. Deuce

Deuce Well Known Member Supremacy Element: Dark Successor of SeeD TOTS Warrior Dark Hime

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Full Legend Characters:
    Bartz, Tidus, Cloud, Squall, Lightning, Cyan, Ayame, Ashe, Cid Raines, Y'shtola, LuLu, Maria, Alphinaud, Edge, Shelke, Onion Knight, Riku
    My results really bad, sub 1min 30sec but I make this....

[​IMG]
    I can rest now.....

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
  5. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    tûr-răt'tō
    ˈtɛɹətoʊ

Depends on your location, of course.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  6. Tirix887

Tirix887 Absolute Warlord

First Clear - sub60

Roche, Luxord, Walksy and 1 other person like this.
  7. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    I dived Edge specially for this fight. I missed my goal of sub minute, but mastery achieved!

tmp_16645-Screenshot_2018-01-26-11-50-22-1609746587.png

Zack Lifesiphons for chain and BSB wind imperil.

Alphonaud casts BSB command 1.

Edge spams ninja wind and SSB haste/blink/last stand.

OK casts VoF and Meltdown/Ninja wind.

Iris heals with BSB for Astra.

Roche, Deuce, Walksy and 1 other person like this.
  8. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Realm: Tactics Supremacy Element: Holy Waifu Collector

Reverting to using Cloud USB spam = not my proudest moment at all, I know. :Ded:

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Roche, Deuce, Luxord and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hibernis

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Meh.
    At least I mastered it.

Basically OK entrusts to Selphie for her USB spam so I don't die :Locke:
    She used her magic blink+medica SSB when her bar was full so I wouldn't waste SB points. I see a full bar, I use something.

Bartz EnWind and spam my humble 6 slots of Snowspell Strike and an occasional cast of OSB (with EnWind on of course).
    Cloud BSB2 and Cmd1 spam. Simple.
    Curilla is there for Radiant Shield and occasional medica SSB.

I think I'd get better numbers if I entrusted to Bartz or Cloud a couple of times...

Also I wonder if it would be better to switch Curilla for Zack's Wind chain? He doesn't have his BSB though...
    Screenshot_20180211-011343.png

Screenshot_20180211-011401.png

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018
    Roche, Luxord and Deuce like this.
  10. Hibernis

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    (So yeah, I switched Curilla for Zack for the chain and even entrusted to Bartz once - turns out it didn't make a difference - and my best score went from 01:06:30 to 01:04:84 lol )

Luxord and Deuce like this.
  11. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Third 4* down. Thanks to @Starkiller’s build and tips. Mine still relies a bit on Cloud and/or Bartz DC to get over the line, and isn’t 100%. But good enough to farm without going crazy.

Attached Files:

Luxord and Deuce like this.
  12. Jamie

Jamie Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior Defier of Fate

5th sub 30.
    Screenshot_20180224-102955.png Screenshot_20180224-103014.png
    Zidane: USB/OSB [+Wind Armor][Full Dive]
    Bartz: USB [+Wind Armor/Weapon][Full Dive]
    Edge: SSB[+Wind Armor][Full Dive]
    Sazh: SSB (Choco-Chick)
    Ovelia: USB
    Screenshot_20180224-103057.png Screenshot_20180224-103102.png

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    Roche, Luxord and Deuce like this.
  13. mageofthesands

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    What is this build? What are these tips?

I'm doing a thing with Onion pUSB, Edge with SSB2 and a lot of Wind Magic, Cloud BSB2, and Zack Chain. The important thing is that Zack needs to have power chain up and summon Fenrir at the 10 second mark to deflect the first AoE attack. The problem is that the timing needs to be precise, as that AoE attack is at 10.50 seconds. Eventually the fight becomes a mad dash of Edge's last stands/blinks, and Y'sh bubbles. It's not easy.

14. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    My build is currently:

Ok pUSB, Wrath+Entrust
    Bartz USB, LS+SSS
    Cloud USB/BSB2, LS
    Zack CSB/BSB, LS+PC
    Vanille BSB, Curada+Shellga
    RW Fabula Guardian
    Magicite Unicorn

Using Unicorn to deal with status, standard wind DPS with Zack, Cloud and Bartz. OK battery for Cloud.

15. Luxord

Luxord Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Dark Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    HgJu
    I wanna test my new toys for Zack and Bartz. I was able to sub 60 :D i need some adjustments but this result is okay :D

Sbs used: Zack's chain, usb and lmr.
    Bartz's enwind bsb and lmr.
    OK's bsb and Y'shtola aetherial pulse and bsb.
    Screenshot_20180401-210100-432x768.png Screenshot_20180401-205936-432x768.png Screenshot_20180401-205958-432x768.png

Onto Tiamat now! Only two left! :D

Deuce and Hibernis like this.
  16. Hibernis

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    I pulled Luneth USB from the III Parade Banner (yeah I broke my rule of not pulling on them anymore. It payd off) so I decided to test it.
    Honed the new wind celerity ability as well so Zack won't be a sitting duck there after he used his wind chain.

Finally sub 60

Screenshot_20180401-184504.png

Roche, Deuce and Luxord like this.
  17. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    So, I feel like my sub-30 setup may be recreated by some of my fellow keepers. Here it goes :)

Zack: Full LD, Mog's Teaching, Lucky Stars, and two lvl 3 Ripping Blast

Luneth: Full LD, World Traveller, Heavenly Gust OSB, lvl 2 Cyclone Bolt and lvl3 Aerial Dive

Squall: Full LD, Truth Seeker, two Lvl 3 Snowspell Strike (I do not use SBs)

Edge: Full LD, Mako Might, Eblan Doppleganger, two lvl 3 Raging Storm

Eiko: Full LD, Gathering Storm, Guardian Mog, lvl 5 Shellga and lvl 4 Curada

Magicite: Lvl 99 Unicorn

The battle is straight forward. Zack casts USB and Ripping Blast, Luneth does Cycone Bolt and Aerial Dive x 2 and OSB when available. Squall spams SSS entire battle. Edge spams SSB and Raging Storm. Eiko casts Shellga and then spams Curada and USB as needed.

It's important to hold off SSB and USB two refresh Haste if a hero is slowed. It is worth noting that my original sub-30 used Selphe USB... Also, I imagine Luneth may be replaceable if another wind hero is better. This setup is pretty consistent unless REALLY unlucky with slow and interrupt procs from the snake.

Here's the proof of victory for the naysayers ;) I hope this is helpful to another forum friend!

Screenshot_2018-03-31-14-20-50-1.png

Roche, Deuce and Luxord like this.
  18. Luxord

Luxord Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Dark Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    HgJu
    OHOHOHOHOH sub 30!:Chrono:
    Sbs used: Zack's chain and usb, Bartz's bsb5 (enwind), OK's PUsb and Asylum.
    And my dear Yuffie never disappoints me :3
    RW: Fabula guardian
    Screenshot_20180406-182350-432x768.png Screenshot_20180406-182230-432x768.png Screenshot_20180406-182249-432x768.png

Roche and Deuce like this.
  19. mageofthesands

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    How honed are your Rippling Blasts?

My problem is that the only +wind weapons I have is Luneth's spear and Fujin's BSB. Bartz isn't LD, or has USB. My wind users are Luneth with BSB/OSB (but not legend dived), Cloud (BSB2/USB/OSB, LD), and a smattering of people with bursts like Fang and Cid7. I have three legend dived spellblade users with dual cast with Celes, Squall and Sora. Edge is LD with his SSB2, Yuffie is too but only has USB/BSB2. Zack has his Chain and SSB, and is Legend Dived. Onion has pUSB/BSB/OSB and is Legend Dived.

20. Squiggly

Squiggly Member

I'm not too far off from you.
    + Element weapons are basically the same, except I have Luneth OSB and oath veil as well for + damage
    Had to go ninja route to sub 30 it. Usually around 28s

Here's my team.
    Onion R2 Raging Storm, R1 Raging Storm, pUSB, MM. Using Luneth BSB
    Edge R3 Raging, R2 Raging, SSB2, Wind damage RM. Using Fujin BSB
    Yuffie R3 Raging, R2 Raging, No SB, Ninja damage RM. Using Oath Veil
    Bartz R3 SSS, R3 Tornado Strike, USB, Enemy Weakness RM. Using Luneth OSB
    Rosa Faith, R5 Wrath, USB, DMT

Magicite: Unicorn, but recently switched to Tiamat for faster clear, though a bit riskier with the slows and such.
    Other magicites: Enkidu lv 99 with +10 attack inherit, sylph, silver dragon, wing raptor at lv 80.

Everyone's fully dived.

So Edge and Yuffie cap without any help. One wears Oath Veil, the other has Fujin BSB. They can each get in about 11 actions within the 30 seconds so the 10 casts of RS is just enough for Edge + 2 SSB2 casts. Yuffie will run out so just does standard attacks until end of fight. Each is responsible for ~240k damage assuming a w-cast procs.
    Onion casts pUSB and RW. (Have his LMR), then casts RS. Does around 95k damage. His whole job is to boost Bartz.
    Bartz casts SSS, then USB. Continues SSS until he runs out, then switches to Tornado Strike. He's
    responsible for the remaining 360k damage.

I actually run out of hones for Yuffie and Onion so I'm sure that replacing some of them with less optimal choices won't be a problem so long as you have better hones than me.

If you swapped out Onion with Zack, you could get away with not needing the + gear on Yuffie.
    Give MM to Edge (needs +wind gear to cap using MM) and DMT to Zack so you'll be hasted and buffed at the beginning. The biggest problem will be finding someone who can cast the RW. This will waste a significant amount of time unless you have IC somewhere. Use your lowest damage character for this. May be able to use your healer. With Edge USB right from the beginning, you'll be able to survive 3-4 rounds before needing a big healing SB

Use one of your dived spellbladers in place of Bartz (Squall would be best due to higher w-cast %). Now you need to ensure that you can deal 455k damage between the your spellblader and Zack. The chain will help a lot with this. You'll probably be able to get off 7-8 casts of ripping blast, so hone up enough uses for Zack. Your spellblader will need 8 casts of SSS. Rosa's a bit overkill here if you have Edge so can choose a healer that boosts damage, like Eiko bsb if you have. Might be tricky without DMT on the healer since it's taken up by Zack and Edge.

Hope that helps somewhat.