Magicite Dawn - Valefor (06th May 2020 - onwards)

Discussion in 'Magicite Content' started by Luxord, May 7, 2020.

1. Luxord

Luxord Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Dark Defier of Fate

2. Tirix887

Tirix887 Absolute Warlord

First Clear (sub40 - No AoE)
    Physical Team

Roche, Guntank17 and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  3. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Holy Supremacy Realm: Tactics Waifu Collector

Sub-40 Physical Team Clear

Roche, Tirix887 and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  4. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Holy Supremacy Realm: Tactics Waifu Collector

You guys know what? I lied, apparently. ;)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Tirix887 and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  5. Jamie

Jamie Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior Defier of Fate

6. Roche

Roche "Not that Biker SOLDIER" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Like my pre-Ifrit relic chasing, after several exhaustive chases after Ice Chains 2.0 (both Laguna and Serah), I was only able to nab Celes CSB. No luck for Squall Sync, but I did acquire Rinoa Sync (thrice!!!) from various banners and selected the Squall trifecta from the last festival (AASB+AOSB+LMR1). I tried this strategy but it somehow didn't work out for me.

However, with some guidance, I was fortunate enough that somehow my ensemble of these components still made my Valefor win possible! Special thanks to @Felix for tweaking my play for my Shiva Physical win, and & @Rem Tokimiya for various ideas and encouragement.

Valefor Freezing Physical Ice Team
    • HA Squall AOSB+AASB+USB2+Glint+LMR1
    • LD Laguna AOSB+USB1&2+Glint+LMR1
    • LD Tyro USB4+Sentinel Grimoire+LMR1
    • RB Celes AOSB+AASB+CSB+USB2+LMR1
    • RB Elarra GlintPlus+AASB+USB1
    • Main Magicite: Shiva (inherited two Empower Ice L15)
    Coup de grâce:
    [​IMG]

Team Setup:
    [​IMG]

Sub Magicites:
    [​IMG]

More Trivia:
    • In Phase 1,
      • After initial abilities use, Glint+USB1 for Squall & Glint+USB2 Laguna respectively. When Laguna is in Ability Double mode, just burn away all hones for his R5 5* Frost Offering.
      • Initial two actions for Elarra are Glint+ and then USB1. Next USB1 is to counter sap from Cyclone.
      • Initial two actions for Tyro are wrath & SG. Another wrath, then entrust to Celes. Then Another wrath, followed by Shiva on Valefor. Next, he needs to have 3 bars ready for Phase 2.
      • Celes opens with CSB. Chips away boss until USB2 can launch, followed by refresh of CSB (from gauge fed by Tyro).
      • In all likelihood, Ice Diffusion would still land prior to Tornado Phase.
    • In Tornado Phase,
      • In response to boss' Slowga, Tyro opens with USB4; followed by Wall (could be done in Phase 1 as well). Alternatively, Elarra AASB could also counter Slowga as well.
      • Squall AOSB & Laguna AOSB each takes down one large Tornado. Celes USB2+AOSB should take down another.
      • As the above meets the minimum requirement of not being ejected, Last Stand from Elarra AASB should trigger. In response, Elarra should USB1 to prep the team for official Phase 2.
    • From Phase 2 onwards,
      • Celes should prioritize opening into this Phase with CSB, followed by refresh of USB2. Any ability use during USB2 mode would help to qc Squall's HA moves. AASB launch is a luxury, but can actually be added into towards the end of Phase 2. But the foremost in terms of priority stands: CSB, USB2, AASB.
      • Squall should use abilities to ready 3 gauges, then activate Glint and then AASB. From here on, keep using HA. When into Phase 3, the Ice Diffusion shouldn't impair his DPS output much since at a minimum he has 2 stacks of en ice from Phase 2.
      • If Laguna has the gauge to spare, go for Glint, then USB1. He should defend for the Turn 11 Tornado (Slot 2); but if he missed it, RW medica if healer ATB cannot make it.
      • Tyro should also get ready to counter Slot 1+5 Slowga using USB4 again. After that, choose between entrusting either Elarra or Celes. Often I chose the former, unless it is time to refresh CSB.
      • In Phase 3, the RW Fabula Priestess is also useful to refill party HP, while Elarra USB1 should be suitably timed to counter Cyclone.
    Despite not having Serah CSB, I think Rinoa could beat Magical weak Valefor too. Stay tuned~~

Last edited: May 22, 2020
    Guntank17, derek281, Thorsen and 4 others like this.
  7. derek281

derek281 Dedicated Warrior

How did the squall ability renzokuken stack up against the other ice spellblade abilities?

8. Roche

Roche "Not that Biker SOLDIER" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Very convenient.
    5 hits AOE fire/ice damage.

My Squall started the battle en ice. So if his LM2 procs, the first wave of small tornadoes can be cleared by two moves of Renzokuken. If there are no tornadoes, I prioritize using SSS instead to build Gauge.

9. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Similarly for my icy tech chasing, as of writing this post I still do not have Serah Chain 2.0; however, having a decked out Ice-centric Rinoa (including her Chain 1.0) should nab me the win. With some additional creativity juices, it paid off!

Valefor Freezing Magical Ice Team
    • LD Lulu AOSB+AASB+USB1+Glint
    • LD Laguna AOSB+USB1&2+Glint+LMR1
    • LD Shelke AASB
    • RB Rinoa GlintPlus+Sync+AASB+CSB+LMR4
    • RB Elarra GlintPlus+AASB+USB1+LMR1
    • Main Magicite: Shiva (inherited two Empower Ice L15)
    Coup de grâce:
    [​IMG]

Team Setup:
    [​IMG]

Sub Magicites:
    [​IMG]

More Trivia:
    • Shelke has four major roles here: Icebound (remove Boss' haste buff), entruster, Damage Reduction Shield (end of Tornado Phase), utility moves (RW Wall and Magicite).
    • In Phase 1,
      • After initial abilities use, Glint+USB1 for Lulu & Glint+USB2 Laguna respectively. When Laguna is in Ability Double mode, just burn away all hones for his R5 5* Frost Offering direct onto boss. Lulu could expend non-en-ice Chain Blizzaja onto small tornadoes, and switches target to boss once gaining en ice.
      • Initial two actions for Elarra are Glint+ and then USB1. Next USB1 is to counter sap from Cyclone.
      • Initial three actions for Shelke are RW Wall, followed by Icebound twice. QC Entrust to Rinoa. After another Icebound, triggers Magicite Shiva on Valefor. Next, she entrusts gauge to Elarra. Shelke should Icebound until there are enough SB bars ready for Phase 2.
      • Rinoa opens with Voltech, then Dark Shiva once Gust ushers in three small tornadoes. Chips away boss until GlintPlus+AASB can launch, followed by refresh of CSB.
    • In Tornado Phase,
      • In response to boss' Slowga, Elarra opens with AASB, then keep up Mage's Hymn for AOE healing.
      • Lulu AOSB & Laguna AOSB each takes down one large Tornado. Rinoa dc Voltech / CSB refresh should take down another.
      • Shelke should refresh RW Wall around 25s mark with help of Elarra USB1. Once Shelke AASB is active, ability rotation should be Icebound and Entrust. The goal here is to have the Damage Reduction shield up right before Majestic Energy Blast hits.
      • If the above preparations were made, Last Stand from Elarra AASB should not trigger. Either way, Elarra should cast USB1 after that to prep the team for official Phase 2.
    • From Phase 2 onwards,
      • Rinoa should prioritize opening into this Phase with Sync. Usually, she'll mainly use Cmd1; however, once Phase 3 small tornadoes appear, a single use of Cmd2 which is linked to Dark Shiva should wipe out the mob.
      • Lulu should use abilities to ready gauges for the following: activate Glint, followed by USB1 and then AASB (total two stacks of en ice). From here on, keep using Chain Blizzaja. When into Phase 3, the Ice Diffusion shouldn't impair her DPS output much since at a minimum she has 2 stacks of en ice from Phase 2.
      • If Laguna has the gauge to spare, go for Glint, then USB1. He should defend for the Turn 11 Tornado (Slot 2). Henceforth, his main goal is to keep imperil ice stacks at max 6 using USB1 etc.
      • Shelke Awoken mode should still be active once Valefor lands. Her immediate priority is Icebound to remove boss' Haste buff. From there on, maintain Icebound and entrust role even past Awoken mode. In my run, her bars went to Lulu; after that, only Elarra.
      • Elarra AASB should still be active when Slowga hits (it lands immediately after the Turn 11 Tornado (Slot 2) move). A Hastega in response not only removes Slowga but also ups party HP especially a wounded Laguna. Later, USB1 should be used timely, especially to counter Cyclone's sap debuff.
    I just love this feeling of accomplishment! :gah haha:

Last edited: Jul 23, 2020
    Guntank17, Tirix887 and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  10. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Oof..

Finally. Had only Squall AASB

Screenshot_20200611-175547_FFRK.jpg

Setup:

Celes: AOSB, Glint+, BSB2 (not used), USB2
    Elarra: AASB, Glint+, BSB, USB
    Laguna: AOSB (used but wasted, had no en-ice), USB2, CSB
    Rosa: AASB, USB2