Magicite guide/Nightmare abilities

Discussion in 'Guides' started by derek281, Jan 20, 2018.

1. derek281

derek281 Active Member

Hello, could someone post a link (whether it be from Reddit or here) on where to get started and how to succeed in the magicite dungeons. I finally completed Omega Drive last night and unlocked the 6 new elemental magicite dungeons and want to read up on them before I begin. There was also a thread about which 6* abilities are worth crafting I would like to see that too as I havn’t made any of them yet...thanks in advance.

2. cactusJed

cactusJed Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Character:
    I can add my story.
    I only last week started to clear any magicite dungeon. Now I’ve done five, stuck on water.

Months ago, I tried fenrir (wind) and golem (earth) a few times but lacked the technical ability to do anything. Even though I had lots of physical wind tools, wasn’t good idea going phys on golem for me.

I tried liquid flame (fire) a number of times and felt this was my best chance.
    I had a fully dived Edge with honed water ninja attacks (phys), reflecting pool and raging waters. Ramza with shout and history’s truth. But it wasn’t enough. I ran out of abilities around 1:15 in battle and got flamey’s hp down to 25%.

The basic you really need are two elemental people doing dps.
    I finally pulled Bartz bsb2 last month so I felt ready.

Team building tips in chat:
    Two batteries (wrath+entrust)
    One healer (fully dived, dualcast)
    Two DPS (boosted by elements and at least two boostgas)
    Entrust early with mako might RM so you can start with your boostgas and bsb entry.
    I repeated history’s truth as often as possible after the beginning of battle using shout, so quickcasts helped me win sooner.

Quickcasting will really improve your ability to clear magicites
    Because you will only have to rely on 2 uses of RW fabula guardian at most.
    You take less damage.

Speaking of damage... equip elemental weapon/armour with boost to damage.
    And give everyone accessories that resist the element damage from the boss, if you need to survive.

Basically... once you beat one magicite.... beat it again to get duplicate team magicite
    Train up the magicite you earn to lvl51, and move on to the next element in the circle sequence, as your newly equipped magicite will help you.

Personally, I pulled OK MUSB recently, which made magic teams much much easier for me.
    Without it, I would have likely struggled a lot, but can still clear most of these bosses, just taking longer.

However, my dps comes from:
    Water... Edge(LD dualcast ninja), Bartz BSB2 (LD dualcast spellblade)
    Fire... Vivi BSB2, Papalymo BSB (LD dc fire magic), OK meltdown (LD dc black magic)
    Ice... Squall BSB2(LD dualcast spellblade), Rinoa CSB
    Wind... Alphinaud BSB+tiamat, Fujin BSB, OK meltdown(LD dc bm)
    Earth... Emperor USB, Rydia BSB, OK meltdown(LD dc bm)

I am struggling with Lightning at the moment but have Ashe OSB and Marach USB and BSB to toy with.

Roche and Woodchuck like this.
  3. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Try reading the magicite dungeon thread? There is some good information in there in between all the "I Did It!" posts.

The first dungeon is the hardest. Once you crack the first one, you get the hang of the others.

To crack that first dungeon, try to find someone with an enElement soul break, and an OSB. Simple strat is to have an entruster around to feed that person gauges and just kill the boss one 99999 hit at a time. It might not be the fastest, but it is reliable. That's what you want to build up your magicite summons.

My first Bismarck team was Ashe, with +lightning armor, her enElement BSB, and her OSB. Papalymoo gives +30% magic, hastega, and quickcast charges while peppering boss with Chain Thundagas. Sazh gives +30% magic and +30% attack with his BSB, and lets him instant cast two support abilities. Yuna's BSB gives another +30% magic stacking buff, and keeps the team alive through the first ten seconds or so while Y'sh wraths up to her BSB.

Gameplay works like this. Ashe spams Sudden Thunder to get soul break charges. Sazh Wraths up to almost two bars, uses his BSB, an instant wrath, and an instant Entrust to Ashe. She should have used her BSB by then and should have three bars now. One from damage taken, and the rest from Sazh. She then uses her OSB over and over while Sazh wraths twice, entrusts, wraths twice, etc. Everyone else's job is to keep Ashe alive.

Roche and Woodchuck like this.
  4. derek281

derek281 Active Member

Guys thanks I appreciate the help and the walkthrough im gonna give it a go with the advice u gave, ive got a battery (jus one might make another) and faightga and healer and 2 hardcore fire dps...here is my party

Attached Files:

5. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    I don't know what you're trying to do with that party. I don't know what soul breaks the gang has. Thing to note: breaks are practically useless in magicite, with the exception of affliction break. Magicite bosses have 80% resistance to them. You're going want to specialize in physical or magic. A cross party could work, but only if you're leveraging Imperils and Chains. Tyro isn't that good of an entruster. Find someone with the highest Speed, and give them Ace Striker.

I also highly suggest putting on elemental resist accessories.

6. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
    derek281 likes this.