magicite help

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by derek281, Aug 29, 2019.

1. derek281

derek281 Dedicated Warrior

21C9C914-7B2F-4F79-A7F0-294984DE3F2D.png I finally obtained all 3 of each 3* elemental magicite and leveled them all up to 99...I have read everything on the app about magicite but still not sure. I was getting help from another forum member but lost contact, anyways my question is, if you are fighting the 3* magicite liquid flame and you only had 3* magicites to equip on your party, what would you put in the main slot and what would you put in the sub slots and why? i currently have enki in the main and bottomswell in the first sub and the other 3 empty??

Roche likes this.
  2. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Enki is probably your best bet since it lasts longer than Bismarck. It doesn't matter what the sub slot order is at all. Throw in any and all water magicite you have, then any other magicite depending on the buffs they give. Since you're fighting a fire boss try to bring one with dampen fire if you have one.

If you have three lvl 99 copies of everything why are you still fighting Liquid Flame though?

3. derek281

I am done fighting him but i am trying to understand this magicite stuff, the other forum member told me that the magicite only triggers when in the main slot, so what im trying to figure out is, what is the point of putting my other water magicites in the sub category if they dont trigger? (im just using liquid flame as an example)...what do u do with the sub slots? can you put water and another element in them for some reason?

4. derek281

62668AF4-442A-412B-82E3-F37178089284.png I also have all the 4* earth ones at lvl 99 and am halfway thru the ice ones, just dont know how to best utilize them

5. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Alright so see how most magicites have a description of their cast attack? For example when you click Enki it does four AoE attacks and raises your fire res by two? That's the benefit of the main slot. Of course after the initial cast, that magicite will also periodically do some attack on the boss like watera or headbutt or something for a little extra damage.

Now look again at the magicite and notice how they have a buff section that should say things like "empower water 10" "attack boost 8" "fast act 5", etc. Those are the flat buffs you get from each magicite and it doesn't matter if they are in your main or sub slots, you get that no matter what.

So in closing, the first paragraph is what you get only from the main magicite, and the second paragraph is what you get from all magicites you have equipped. You should always always bring all five.

6. derek281

sweet, ok i got it now, thats all i was wondering....it really was that simple then, thank you much

cactusJed and OhCanada like this.
  7. OhCanada

Medals:
    Anytime man, I hope you're enjoy the challenge and progression of the 4*s so far. Also, keep in mind that depending on their abilities, some 3/4* magicite stay useful for a while. The ones that give imperil are particularly good (Shadow Dragon, Shell dragon, Wendigo, etc) I have even used several as my main for 5*s

8. derek281

one more thing, does it benefit to have copies of the same magicite in the sub category? as in do the benefits stack in any way? would 3 shadow dragons be any better than one, thanks in advance

9. OhCanada

Medals:
    So the buffs do stack, but there's a formula to it. The second copy of a buff you have only gets half potency (the order depends on the highest level of that ability. For example, if you have two copies of empower ice 10, then one of those copies becomes as strong as empower ice 5, so your result is empower ice 15. If one of your buffs is lvl 10 and the other is only lvl 6, then your net result is lvl 13.

Now if you have three of that buff, the third copy is halved again, so if you have three copies of a lvl 8 buff then it becomes 8+4+2=14.

I'd say in general the 2nd copy of a buff is worth it, but the 3rd starts to not be worth it.

10. derek281

crap, i was hoping you weren't going to tell me that...no way am i going thru that grind again. thanks for the help man ✌️

cactusJed likes this.
  11. OhCanada

Medals:
    Haha, three copies was a bit excessive. just two copies is completely fine

cactusJed likes this.
  12. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Do drop into chat more often. I'm sure most veterans here would be happy to offer their help and advice!

derek281 likes this.
  13. derek281

9F9AE5D6-B23F-43D9-BE2C-E5FACA099A18.png one last question, Im tinkering with my magicite for Isgebind, ive beaten him 3 times but each time I just barely survived, anyways this sealion magicite claims it dampens ice, which is great, but it also sais there is a 40/50% chance of casting blizzara and blizzard, which would heal this enemy, right??

14. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Firstly, Dampen Blizzard ia a passive effect. So, u could just "equip" Sealion as sub magicite instead of Main Magicite.

Secondly, the % chance of occuring, only applies after you cast this Main Magicite of yours. But I would remind you that you should worry more about the entry effect of triggering your Main Magicite. If you press on hold on the image icon (Left of Ultra Skill), the extended description of the entry effect states that Sealion will deal ICE magic attacks (that will heal Isgebind), and buff party with a WIND elemental barrier (Isgebind does not have any Wind element attacks).

TL; DR you at most would field Sealion as a Sub Magicite, definitely not as Main Magicite.

15. derek281

EA271FEC-5B7E-4CB1-B167-72B07736998A.png ok great thanks again, Im finally getting it. I changed my party around and put sealion in the sub category and it worked like you said and never cast anything...i beat him 3 more times with all characters alive down to 45 seconds without much trouble, thanks man, D

cactusJed and Roche like this.