Magicite: How do they work?

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by mageofthesands, Sep 17, 2017.

1. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    I don't actually know how magicite works. Charge times seem to be just turn times? Duration seems to be three or four turns? Do the passives stack? What does each level of a passive actually give?

If my sub magicite include a level 70 Anguiform with Empower Water Lv5 and Mind Boon Lv3, a level 65 Enki with Empower Water Lv7 and Mind Boon Lv5, what does this actually do for my party's water damage and mind stat? When Bismarck, main magicite, says Dampen Water Lv4, how much of a reduction is that?

Do they share XP among themselves? Is it based on how many people are in the dungeon? How is XP growth calculated? Rarity seems to be a factor.

2. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

That's a lot of questions so I'll just give short quick answers.

Charge duration / usage are both in game time related. They seem to use abilities slower than the party but I believe that's mostly because they aren't hasted. Just by estimate they seem to last about 25 seconds as I notice they disappear about the same time as the imperil wears off.

All the stats = a percentage. 5 boon = 5%. The main gives the full percentage. Subs give half their percentage.

XP is similar to how our party members function. The rarity also effects their growth curve but I'm not sure of the math. I just do sundaily with 2 characters and 1/2 magicite for good xp gains.

From what I have read boosting elemental damage is better than the reductions stuff but the only way to understand all that is by going into those super nerd reddit posts

3. mageofthesands

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Does the character using the magicite affect what it does? I think a character's record dives change what roaming warriors do, at least for legend dives.

4. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    Not stats, but I think elemental+ rm does affect your magicite damage (activation) not the magicite damage for its abilities.

From what I know:
    Each level = +1% to stuff (crit chance, attack, resistance, etc)
    First abilities = full (it doesn't have to be main/sub)
    Second ability= half
    Third ability = 1/3
    Fourth ability = 1/4
    Fifth ability = 1/5

I.e. We have
    Main: lv10 magic
    Sub: lv10 resistance
    Lv10 resistance
    Lv 10 resistance
    Lv5 fire damage

You should get
    10% + 5% + 3% = +18% resistance
    +10% magic
    +5% fire damage boost

Felix likes this.
  5. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    That clears up a lot
    Wouldn't that mean we actually get 10% (magic) + 5% (RES) + 3.33% (RES) + 2.5% (RES) + 1% (fire DMG)?
    Or am I misinterpreting that?

6. mageofthesands

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    When are these bonuses added in? Do these count as buffs? Base stats? How does this change the math?

7. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    Magicite use "number of abilities" not "main/sub slot"
    So it's not 5% but 10% the first one (because it is the first passive)
    Main slot is just to check what esper you can summon.

The one thing I don't know is if the first ability is the first in slot order or the highest.

I read they are passives like rm so they are added to stats before buffs.

I.e. If a chars has 200atk with +15% total atk passive when fight begins it will get 230atk. Any boost will take this number as base (the same for magic, resistance, etc)

Math doesn't change too much as 200x1.15x1.5 (ex shout) is the same as 200x1.5x1.15
    It just helps reaching cap with less boosts (can be useful for mage chars who need lots of faithgas)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2017