Magicite is the beginning of the end (WARNING: SALT)

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by talsa88, Sep 4, 2017.

1. Vetheran

Vetheran Well-Known Member

Medals:
    JP just got a Story Dungeon Renewal
    Here is the link.
    TLDR:
    More Heroes (and Lodes), Orbs, and EXP from Story dungeon while decreasing the number of enemies. Stamina now overflows when you collect 5 shards. RW selection will be limited though similar to Magicite Dungeons to a set list.

2. talsa88

talsa88 Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    I FINALLY beat all six 3* magicite, and was even able to master all but Hydra (will be asking for help below). I probably should've done what's been recommended and just repeat the one I'm best at until I max out magicite, but I find that so tedious and frustrating. I still do not like these battles one bit - they feel like tests in timing more than tests in actual strategy. Sometimes, it even seems like they're designed to test your RNG, as Fenrir was doing when he attacked the same character twice in a row on his first two turns for several consecutive S/Ls for me, inevitably killing them. I find the amount of time one has to invest in these battles to be entirely silly. There's a difference between a challenging mobile game, and a mobile game that eats away at the majority of your life. This is quickly becoming the latter.

Advice on Hydra would be helpful. This was my general strategy last time:

Yang: BSB and imperil SSB
    Bartz: BSB3
    Cloud: USB/BSB2, Quake Strike
    Ramza: USB/SSB1/SSB2 (pretty sure I only used Shout), fully LD
    Vanille: BSB, fully LD

I'm not sure whether or not it's best to be keeping Yang spamming his BSB, or imperiling, or alternating between the two. Can't decide whether fully imperiling is worth what seems to be a rather small increase in damage. Also not sure if recasting these Earth BSBs is worth the loss in speed compared to simply spamming their commands, but the actual SB cast was dealing some pretty solid damage (Bartz probably dealt about 50k when Hydra had two imperils).

Either way, now that I'm done, I'll probably start doing what I'm supposed to do and just focusing on the ones I'm best at. Hopefully that'll be more fun, because this new meta is still so very loathsome.

3. Lumin

Lumin Active Member

Have you tried retaliate strategy ? It looks like you have all the necessary ingredients for it. (Ramza shout, chant, usb, Cloud USB).

Basically Cloud cast USB, retaliate and every one hits Cloud. Ramza job will be shout, wrath, wrath, wrath, chant, wrath, wrath USB, defence break down. For the other 3 characters, choose the one that works the best for you. One of them should equip the thunder god LM so he can cast the wall early.
    The characters others than Cloud can wear the most defensive gear, element resist gear, since they will not be dealing damage.

This strategy, although old school and seeems simple, it can bring you through the hardest content. That's the true strength of Clouds USB, being one of the 4 SS tier relic.

By legend diving Cloud, you can even have a simpler time, with the additional damage he dish out.

talsa88 likes this.
  4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck Well-Known Member

I've always thought about Cloud USB Reta meta as soon as I got it but havent tested it out yet.

Reading Talsa's troubles and my lack of wanting to spend as much time it might be time to crack it out :D

talsa88 likes this.
  5. talsa88

talsa88 Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    Hm...well, my Cloud is fully LD'd...I shall try this...reta of which you speak...:Gah haha:

6. pookkachan

pookkachan Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    Regarding reta meta. Is the nerf that omega drive can no longer hit your own side has been implemented or not.

7. Lumin

Lumin Active Member

You cannot hit yourself with omega drive has been implemented in Global. However, I think it is better for Cloud to use omega drive himself, since he can deal quite a lot of damage with that, like 10k to 14k per hit times 4, and there is a 35% chance to trigger W combat

pookkachan and talsa88 like this.