Mote Dungeon - Fire Cavern (26th July - 6th Aug 2016)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Agarash, Jul 19, 2016.

1. The Spoony Bard

The Spoony Bard Foundation Member

Cant Believe my eyes. I just crushed ifrit cids mission with a Rinoa BSB RW. Smashed him so bad my momento mori had 22 seconds left!

I ran both BSB summons side by side on Edea and Quistis.
    The intitial cast did 16k each.

Edeas momento mori+CannisterShot+FullBreak+attunement2
    Did a whopping 28k damage per iceraze!!!
    Quistis iceraze did 20k per cast

His hp just melted away, it was beautiful to watch. Only lost one medal, better than my best team that i intially beat him with.
    Feeling impressed with myself :D

Attached Files:

Dragoon, Apprentice, Thief666 and 7 others like this.
  2. Cephas

Cephas Dedicated Warrior

Medals:
    Whew, Ifrit Mote CM done.
    Maybe I'll give a try with an 'A' Team or with a Mage Team, but I don't think I hate myself that much.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Did it! I wasn't good enough to do it with just medica and hastega, I had to whale until I got Rinoa's BSB and Irvine's Canister Shot.

Two characters died, so I only got Expert. But he still died, so it counts!

Attached Files:

Dragoon, Apprentice and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  4. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    FINALLY!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wow. After several days of tooling around and playing and pulling my hair out. It all came together.

Character choice is fairly simple.

Rinoa with bsb. She gets the task of doing basically 99% of the damage. Her whole story is turn 1 rw sg. Then blizzaja until bsb is ready then abuse the hell out of it til dead.

Tyro i was super lucky. And pulled his KT On support banner. His job is the most complex. He KTs first round. Runs through all 4 abilities. Then KTs a second time. Magic breakdowns. Rws the second wall. Runs the other 3 abilities. Kts a third time. Runs through 2-3 abilities. SGs, then abilities til death.

Eiko? Eiko! I have all eiko relics. However, the only one that mattered here and is equipped is hastega/aoe heal. Ironically the hastegas only purpose is to keep herself hasted. But its vitally important she keeps top speed because those curajas fly off the shelf like hot cakes. I actually got 1 run down to ifrit having a hair of health left and eiko ran out of 12 curajas. As she does nothing but heal and sb. The second slot just gets loaded with a few more curajas. I think i ended the battle with 3 left total.

This battle was brought about through some really really good relic draw luck, and i also wanted to showcase just how nutty that rinoa bsb was.

Time to go back to double green farming ^.^

5. AiZeN

AiZeN January VIP 2017

Friend Code:
    acwU
    Great dude! Very awesome

Apprentice and Felix like this.
  6. smeezus

smeezus Official RKF Banner Rater

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    I said it before during the Sephiroth CM. I'll say it again now.

NOTE: GIVING A BOSS AN "I WIN" BUTTON DOES NOT MAKE A BOSS HARD, IT MAKES IT FUCKING CHEAP.

ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY USE IT FIFTEEN PERCENT OF THE FUCKING TIME.

7. smeezus

smeezus Official RKF Banner Rater

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Trying to beat Ifrit is like trying to play chess with a pigeon -- it knocks the pieces over, shits all over the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory.

Except this time, the shits are meteors. What an absolute fuckjob of a boss.

In less vulgar terms, when one attack is the reason why a boss is so difficult, it's horribly designed.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  8. Thulgor

Thulgor Absolute Warlord

Did it!
    My first attemp ended with 2/3 ifrit health left so I quite froze in respect. I have only one RS weapon for mages in VIII.
    Then this morning however I had a nice Rinoa RW showing up - and was eager to try it out.
    Was a TOUGH fight, Porom running hot with Sync to get the team away from the edge of death several times!
    But the whole team proceeded and smashed ifrit back into darkness. :D

IMG_20160731_120410.JPG

IMG_20160731_120344.JPG

Dragoon, Apprentice, AiZeN and 3 others like this.
  9. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord PS1 Protagonist TOTS Warrior Supremacy Element: Bio Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    With enough mitigation, his meteors aren't TOO bad. I had a lot more trouble with his hellfires since I only brought Magic BD.

10. lilyWhite

lilyWhite Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    j3Wj - Desperado
    [​IMG]

There is no chance in hell (hah) I would have beaten this jerk without Shout. (I don't even have any other native Hastega.) Stoneskin II helped keep the party up most of the way, and accumulated SB bars let Dreamstage take over once that ran out. I ran out of jumps on Gilgamesh and Fang by the end, and probably would have won in a few less actions if I had just hit Blizzara Strike instead of Armor Break. The original party plan was to take Gordon along as well, but the extra mitigation wouldn't have helped DPS any. (Also, Grug takes punches to the face much better than Ramza does.)

[​IMG]

Lightning: Rektquiem BSB
    Ramza: Shout SSB, Hail of Stones
    Selphie: Dreamstage SSB
    Gilgamesh: Faithful Companion SSB
    Fang: High Dive
    [​IMG]
    If you get the reference, you rule.

And yes, I exploited Dragoon air time elapsing during animations at Speed 5. If 'rit can cheat, I can cheat too. ::Kefka2::

Last edited: Jul 31, 2016
  11. pookkachan

pookkachan Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    Will wait for Sarah's bow to finish ifrit. With en ice I will have an easier time with it. Don't want to sl for 2 hrs and wait for it to use single attack 5 time in a row.

12. Noremad

Noremad Active Member

Friend Code:
    rrgU
    Well I've tried to beat Ifrit multiple times with variations of the following setup, but I can't get him lower than about 30% HP. Not sure where my mistakes are, but I guess I'll be waiting to beat him.

Attached Files:

13. Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Feels like you almost have too much damage and not enough healing or mitigation. What about taking Squall out and putting in back row Seifer with Draw Fire and Magic Lure?

Another option would be Quistis with Mental Breakdown and Curaga. Even better if you can give her a shared medica.

14. Rem Tokimiya

Rem Tokimiya Well Known Member Successor of SeeD TOTS Warrior Supremacy Element: Dark Dark Hime

Friend Code:
    9exu
    During 2nd phase, irift less that 50% hp it will keep spam meteor or firaga...your set up can improve by this, take out squall, put one more support charecter doing magic and mental breakdown stack with your full break. RW another rinoa Bsb let Edea use it. Rinoa RM should put something like ace striker so she can fill up her soul gauge faster. You only need 2dps Edea and Rinoa spam the burst mode for killing irift as fast as you can.
    Good luck

15. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I don't know if they nerfed him or if boosting Quistis and Edea to 80 was the trick, but Ifrit did far less damage than usual even without special RES gear. Used Squall, Irvine, Edea, Quistis, and Selphie. Had Squall BSB, Irvine Canister Shot, Edea (both relics, though the parade shouldn't get used), Quistis MG8, and no SB for Selphie. Crescent Wish (which I don't have!) makes this boss easy mode, so I had to give Selphie Curaga and Curaja (ignoring protectga) in order to survive. I also gave Selphie the major fire resist bracer from the nightmare bosses. RW was SS2. Gave Irvine and Quistis instant-SB RMs, started Irvine with magic breakdown, Squall or Edea hits SS2, Selphie constantly heals (literally), and Quistis hits MG8. Then Irvine does FB, Quistis mental BD, and then rain down the ice! Irvine uses canister shot after FB, refreshes whenever it pops up, Edea uses her ice SSB (don't waste an SB on inaugural parade, no time) and refresh MG8 and SS2 just before the 50% mark to avoid either dropping off. That regen saved my bacon for sure as many times my guys got to slivers of HP. Here's the result.

IMG_1946.jpg IMG_1947.PNG IMG_1948.jpg

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  16. Schuller

Schuller Active Member

17. Starkiller

Medals:
    Why P.Cecil and Gilgamesh? I would replace one with a damage dealer. Just need one for draw fire.

18. Schuller

Schuller Active Member

Thought that Cecil's BSB and Gilgamesh's Faithful Companion/Ice Jump would get me to victory with shout RM and breakdowns, but it didn't quite cut it.

However! I just managed to master it with a different mage based team (3 medals lost).
    Rinoa, Vivi, Tyro, Selphie, and Eiko

Used Rinoa's BSB as a roaming warrior like other people have recommended, and spammed spells with the 2 mages. Had to hone my Full Break to R3 finally. Double group heals with Selphie and Eiko, magic blink from Dreamstage and keeping haste up with Emerald light was key. Very tough battle

Dragoon and Apprentice like this.
  19. Starkiller

Medals:
    Yeah, mage squad and AE heals are best. Grats!

20. Apprentice

Apprentice Absolute Warlord

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Fran's bow was the last piece of the puzzle for me. Really needed to upgrade abilities to get Ifrit down. Had before expert but with Fran made it to champion. :)

Dragoon, AiZeN and Rem Tokimiya like this.