Need help with 6* Abilities Dilemma

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by Roche, Jan 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Roche

Roche Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Hello all.

I had jumped the gun a tad early and started crafting and shattering 6* abilities. My current situation left me with R2 Mug Bloodlust and R1 Curada. Then only i realised, after reading a particular Reddit entry(need help on that below too), that if I had wanted Meltdown, I would've needed to give up on going for Mug Bloodlust. From that Reddit entry, my current 6* abilities would allow me to own Mug Bloodlust, Curada, and Valigamarda.

Hence, my question is: should I shatter my Mug Bloodlust so that I could go for Meltdown? Or, Are there other factors, future or useful 6* abilities to consider before going ahead?

P.S. I recall seeing a thread on Reddit which organized Crystals released in FFRK till date in a table form. If anyone has the link to it please post the link to it in this thread. Thanks!

2. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    No, do not shatter.

The next Torment dungeon will give 5* Thief Motes. Essentially giving you more copies of Mug Bloodlust.

Meltdown and Mug Bloodlust can co-exist. I have R2 Meltdown and can hone my R1 Mug Bloodlust. While they compete for Fire Crystals, it will be the limited number of Black Crystals available that will prevent you from honing both.

Of the two, Meltdown needs R2 more than Mug Bloodlust. But like I mentioned above, you can safely hone Mug Bloodlust because Meltdown requires extreme farming to get enough Black Crystals to hone.

Roche likes this.
  3. Thulgor

Thulgor Well-Known Member

Just curious:
    When will a non-farming crystal player have enough black crystals for meltdown R2?
    And / Or when would be the next good farming opportunity?

4. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    If I'm not wrong, Japan has not given out enough Black Crystals to allow honing "normally".

The next event where Black Crystals are farmable via Ultimates is the next FFXIII event. It will be closely followed by the VI event, 2 events after that.

http://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/farming-crystals.5385/

Roche and Thulgor like this.
  5. Roche

Roche Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Say... if I attempt the Ultimate fight, if I could S/L the fight at the end, would the drop possibly change? Anyone here or at Reddit verified this before?

6. Kenlimkenlim

Friend Code:
    97yP
    It won't. Drops are determined the moment you enter the dungeon/spend the stamina. S/L won't change it.

Roche likes this.
  7. Roche

Roche Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    e7tB