New/Not New

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BongoYoda, Nov 20, 2018.

1. BongoYoda

BongoYoda New Member

Friend Code:
    Gq9B
    Hey guys and gals, I've been playing FFRK since before guaranteed relic drops and set up this forum account earlier this year...however, I've never spent much time here. I'm 38 and a history/economics teacher so I'd imagine I'm a less-traditional player, although gamers seem to come in all styles these days.

I used to say I was FtP but after years of doing 100 gem draws, I've probable spent a couple of hundred bucks (don't tell my wife)! I've been a pretty passive daily player for a while (just doing >120 difficulty dungeons and events to farm mythril and pull on banners) but now that I have a nice collection of relics and lvl 99 characters (16 with 34 III loads saved), I want to get into the more challenging parts of the game (Nightmare/Torment/<120s). I know HOW to do this and I have plenty of tools; I'm just a hoarder and I'm used to being able to grind my way to god-like powers in traditional RPGs without risking rare materials (motes) or running out of space. No legends yet but I have 6 basic dives (OK, Cloud, Sephiroth, Tidus, Y'sh, TCid). I don't guess this is the place to lay out my whole situation but I thought I'd give a brief overview. I'm looking forward to taking a few risks and building my element and synergy specific teams to take on the baddest of the baddest dudes in game. Thanks in advance for any advice or well wishes.

Roche, Abaraxas and pookkachan like this.
  2. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Welcome to the forum! There's a lot of ways to play the game, so there's certainly no shame in hoarding. I do my fair share of it as well. The one benefit to hoarding is you have plenty of materials to build characters up with. Is there any particular content you want to clear first? Nightmares should be fairly simple in this age of relics, and would net you some pretty useful abilities. Drop by chat or make a post if you ever have trouble clearing something and want tips, or just to chat! I'm a teacher as well, and drop by a lot in my planning periods when I'm all caught up with work.

Roche likes this.
  3. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator Onion Knight Master TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Welcome to the forums !!

Strongly encourage to get past the Nightmare Dungeons! Loads of (permanent) content awaiting for u. But among the more useful records for crafting 6* abilities, I highly recommend obtaining and crafting Curada and Meltdown first, then later Affliction Break and Valigarmanda if you could afford the crystals.

If you need party setup help, just PM me or post a new thread, and I'll try to reply you by this weekend.

OhCanada likes this.
  4. BongoYoda

BongoYoda New Member

Friend Code:
    Gq9B
    Thanks guys, you know how to make a dude feel welcome! I may contact you, Roche, if I fail to make headway in the Nightmare Dungeon in the next week or so. I certainly have crystals to spare as I haven't crafted too many abilities yet. I do need a magic team in the worst way :)

OhCanada and Roche like this.
  5. Roche

Roche "Teach-me-how-to-FFRK" Mod-Sensei Staff Member Moderator Onion Knight Master TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    I do hoped that you noticed that any banner that costs 25 mythril or less for a full 11x relic pull is good value.

So do share with us what u got so that we could bring u up to speed on enjoying this game platform that is going on 4 year's old.