Next character to LD?

Discussion in 'Characters & Equipments' started by Yaridovich, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Hey everyone. So after having some of my characters fully legend diven, I'm thinking of who should I be doing next. Most of my options right now are white mages as I've already LD'd most of my heavy hitters.

OK is already guaranteed for full LD once it's available, I have the motes saved up.
    Other guaranteed LDs are Tidus and Lulu. But after these, I don't know who else to LD. (this of course means that I'm preparing for the future, and until then things could change based on relics I might get in the future)

5* motes I have right now: 115 Spirit, 65 Dexterity, 179 Vitality, 185 Wisdom, 283 Bravery. (100 Wisdom and 100 Bravery are saved for OK)

Already full LD: Bartz, Cloud, Vaan, Edge, Shadow, Squall, Shelke, Shantotto, Vanille, Raines, Ysh, Papalymo, Ramza, Rapha

Finally, my options:

1. None and save motes for the future (just leaving this here in case anyone suggests this)
    2. Yuffie (has USB and BSB). Already having Edge and Shadow full LD, Yuffie would complete a ninja team for speed meta. Likely my best option right now.
    3. Locke (has CSB and BSB). Useful with his Chain alone and both LMs would be useful, specially against magicites since he has a tendency to run low on HP against Sealion.
    4. Cyan (has USB and MBlink SSB). I know people say Cyan is awful and without his USB, he really is. But with the advent of Warring Flame and Smoldering Moon, doublecasting samurai abilities could be really useful - more so with his USB.
    5. Terra (has OSB, both BSBs, Enfire SSB, one Unique and her LMR). I have almost everything but still missing her USB, which seems to be the key to really making her shine, and I'm thinking if having everything else makes her worth diving.
    6. Lenna (has BSB2 and one SSB). No doublecast, but increasing healing potency after using a WHM ability could be useful.
    7. Faris (has both USBs, both Uniques and Imperil Wind SSB). Increased debuff duration would allow her to wrathchain both USBs (or USB2+Broadside) effectively for reverse wall purposes, but is obviously ineffective for magicites.
    8. Sephiroth (has BSB2, OSB and one Unique). I'm not really too fond of these "when low on HP mechanics", but I'm thinking his LM2 would make him hit like a truck with his BSB2.
    9. Reno (has BSB). Doublecasting lightning abilities would make his BSB incredibly more useful.
    10. Fujin (has BSB and EnWind SSB). Maybe? Not really a fan of her LM2, but could be an addition to the ninja team despite the lack of doublecast.
    11. Eiko (has BSB and Reraise SSB). Since Eiko has low defensive stats, I think the "when low on HP" is more useful for her and likely would make her a better healer, which would be good added to her Critga from her BSB.
    12. Rikku (has USB, BSB, the SSB that gives ATK/MAG and LMR). I'm not really sure if I need extended buff duration since she's not going to be juggling multiple SBs and her LD doesn't really go all that well... LMR gives chance of quickcast to Machinist abilities while LM1 increases damage for Celerity abilities, but most of the time I'm actually using her with Dancer abilities... Eh.
    13. Aerith (has BSB). I like the idea of these "chance for AOE heal when using WHM abilities" mechanics, but I haven't tried them yet and I'm not sure how good they are compared to doublecast chance.
    14. Noctis (has USB, BSB and instacast party CT0 SSB). Seems like a good option for speed-farming D300 torments but likely not much else.
    15. Mog/Penelo (Mog has USB, BSB and Chocobo Blues SSB, Penelo has USB and one SSB). I like the idea of having Dancer abilities have a chance to cast an AOE heal as it gives Mog and Penelo more versatility and allows them to be backup healers, but like Aerith, I don't know how useful this is compared to doublecasts.
    16. Balthier/Prompto (Balthier has USB and both SSBs, Prompto has USB and BSB). Moderate chance for Imperil... Eh. They'd be mostly using their respective Fire/Lightning abilities anyway, but I'm still not a fan.
    17. Marche (has BSB, SSB and LMR). What would really make him a powerhouse would be his USB, but still, with BSB and LMR alone, he's already pretty strong and the LD would give him doublecast Knight.

Would be good to hear some opinions. Cheers and thanks in advance!

EDIT: after some conversation with some people in the chat, I'm leaning heavily towards Yuffie and Locke (already was before anyway), then Marche, Cyan and Reno (dualcasts) - possibly also Terra due to already having almost everything for her - and finally, Mog (just a personal preference, I like having a versatile character and with USB+LD, he'd be a buffer, debuffer and healer combined) and Noctis (for CT0 charging purposes).

Still looking for more opinions anyway!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  2. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    I know I've repped haste/IC3 to you before, but Noctis IC SSB would be amazing for possible combos... I'm jelly.

The second/third recommendation would be Terra and Sephiroth. It really isn't difficult to figure out a self inflicted one shot to Trance.

***For Terra, Firaga or Meltdown on self gets the job done for me and Vali/Meltdown/OSB (with a battery) is SUPER strong. I feature this in my ice magicite team, and consistently win in 22 seconds.

*** I would dive Sephiroth except I have better dark and fire options. If he's your best, then his trance will not disappoint. See above :)

Concerning Aerith. I dived healers Iris (LMR/BSB) for avoiding debuffs, and Y'sh (BSB/SB/SSB) general healer. Double cast hype is legit and feels like Y'sh double casts half the time. I prefer IC heals double cast than group heals, but Aerith's BSB or casting Shellga/protectga or Curada followed by AOE heal would be fun!!! Depending if any other healers are considered for diving, Aerith loses to IC double cast every time...

And lastly, Mog with USB would be considered dive for me. With the new dances greatly decreasing atk/mag and def/res with multi break AND healing. Here's the dilemma... Debuffs are dying in current speed meta. If only it was bard abilities caused group heal :D wow.

I hope the advice helps. Kupo!

Yaridovich likes this.
  3. Yaridovich

Medals:
    I think I'm likely going to leave Terra on the LD bench for the time being because I'm already able to easily sub20 Sealion with my current Fire team (Bartz/Papa/Locke/Rosa/OK), so I don't feel like I'm lacking Fire power right now.

Sephiroth is a viable option. My current Dark heavy hitter is Raines, who is already full LD and has
    BSB+OSB combo, which is ridiculous. Pairing him with Sephiroth is something to be considered, despite not having perfect synergy (due to Raines giving MAG bonus but not ATK).

I'm trying to find a balance between thinking of Magicite content and other content. I want to be able to do better in Magicite, but at the same time I don't want to ONLY focus on that since there is still Torments and CT to be done as well. This is why I'm both considering Mog and not so sure about Noctis. Noctis is likely great for D300 Torment fighting, but I can't really find him all that useful for Magicites since the game has been more favoring abilities lately.

4. Vetis09

Vetis09 Active Member

Friend Code:
    iKmU
    I’ve watched a lot of recent jp vids and they all have a full dived eiko for the newest hardest content.

Yaridovich likes this.
  5. majicalways

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    Concerning Eiko, the reason she is dived is for her USB. Unfortunately, Yari doesn't have it...

Yaridovich likes this.
  6. Vetis09

Vetis09 Active Member

Friend Code:
    iKmU
    You’re right, didn’t notice when I skimmed his post.

Yaridovich likes this.
  7. majicalways

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    Agreed about Noctis not being about Magicite. However! The IC SSB to party is a boon for speed damage output and speedy heals. He can Lifesiphons to spam IC, which IS good for Magicite. Just food for thought.

Yaridovich likes this.
  8. Yaridovich

Medals:
    It helps if you're using mostly SBs, it'd help against a few magicites here, but I also have a problem with getting the timing right :S

9. Yaridovich

Medals:
    So, recent draws included a new option to the list - Cloud of Darkness. Her USB is good and her LD brings a chance to follow Dark abilities with a dark AOE attack, which should work well with the chase attack from her USB.

Not going to focus on LDing her just yet, but will consider for the future.