Old Events Return!

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by aopp, Oct 15, 2017.

1. aopp

aopp Official RKF New York Don

Medals:
    Looks old events are coming back... As I write this: FF1 thru 3 are open.

In 2016August I made a post prophetically proposing the idea. You'd unlock unplayed events in similar fashion of using a Soul of a Hero in the Hall of Rites. If interested in reading the year old post in full: Surprisingly the way it's happening: versus the way I envisioned; They set it up pretty cool with minimal restrictions...

I'm baffled, as Im quite sure that JP never got this opportunity...

By my calculatotion Saturday will b a fun day with old FFX events to b released: one of extreme importance:
    [​IMG] At the time of this event: a 5* accessory was given out: to which players responded: Why use this when I can simply S\L? Meh.
    .. But as time went on it didn't take long for peeps to figure out how powerful Major KO resistance can be: [​IMG] Look! Its SafteyBit: The best accessory in the game: Now available to all whom missed it...

Endingly there is one event that sadly won't appear as Im pretty sure it doesn't fit in a specific realm: but the event gave out monk/samurai/knight/ninja/machinist/dragoon & theif motes: Any player that missed this event lost the potential to attain many abilities & or crystals: IIRC they gave 60 monk motes... Point is: I get it: 4* record drive motes are valuable: To the point that theyll make Looper events so as not to miss them. But in comparison, to the much more valuable 6* ability motes: Why dena never thought to bring back that event is down right silly: considering how easy it was to boot... One of golden rules of FF that we must except I guess: is: Sometimes it's brutully unfair.

Aopp OUT

PS
    Random shout out to all who hv netflix: watch The Dad of Light: a great show based on a true story. No point in getting into what it's about: if yer able: check out the first episode: So so nice ::: PEAS

2. fouzie

fouzie Active Member

mythril rains for new player

xTeKt0n1c and Elskidor like this.
  3. Elskidor

Elskidor Foundation Member

My brother took a year-and-a-half break... very happy for him right now, lol. Pretty awesome for those guys who left awhile and returned. I have a couple other friends that recently started during the second year anniversary who are benefiting greatly right now too. Wonderful global exclusive!

4. Omuno

Omuno Dedicated Warrior

Friend Code:
    SYCF
    Well I would be Happy if they bring that mote event AoPP

5. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    A 5 Dooms rerun would be nice.

I'm just happy I finally have Gigas Armlet.

Roche and Elskidor like this.
  6. aopp

Medals:
    That's just it: they are returning: itll b different from the other 4* mote duns: the difficulty of each boss is 180: Its kinda like a JS but instead of 3 full gages: each character only gets 1: Coming sometime btwn Nov-Dec

7. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    But how long are they gonna last?

Here they say Available through 11/05
    20171015_233021.png

But when you click one of these banners, you see Available through 12/31:
    20171015_233038.png

But then when you choose one these events (in this case Relics of Light) it says Available through 11/05 again:

20171015_233054.png
    So which one is it?

Edit: the relic banners also say 11/05 so I guess that's it...

cactusJed likes this.
  8. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    22528162_1834012539946549_1769248471290572652_n.jpg

I come for my redemption, Cagnazzo.

cactusJed, Vic, Roche and 2 others like this.
  9. Maverickbcp

Maverickbcp Active Member

I apparently started late enough that I didn't clear all of these. Mithril incoming!

antodian likes this.
  10. Roche

Roche July 2017 VIP

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    While others were laying the smackdown on Cagnazzo, I for one was hampered by lack of RS back then even in the Geryon fight. But today, ... EAT MY RS POWAAA!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SBs:
    • Edward Unique SB (unused)
    • Palom Twincast Barrage SSB
    • Rydia BSB and OSB
    • Tellah Last Gasp SSB
    • Ceodore BSB

Naturally, the fight was mastered. Then I'd went on to master Cagnazzo using this same team with slight tweaking to setup.

Now, if the stars are indeed aligned, I believe I will also be seeing the return of both Safety Bit & Vossler's Gauntlets as well. Stay tuned.

cactusJed and Yaridovich like this.
  11. Yaridovich

Medals:
    It feels so good being able to go back to these old events and rolfstomp the bosses that hindered our progress so far. I can't wait to face Yunalesca D99 on FFX and defeat her too :p

Hibernis and Roche like this.
  12. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    There was a time when the difficulty of Ultimate++ was boosted, and I couldn't do them. Well. I can now. Crushed Scheming "Fluff Clouds" Tyrant with Raines and Nabaat.

Yaridovich likes this.
  13. Yaridovich

Medals:
    22519173_1835768443104292_2620656978621921291_n.jpg

Another revenge done. I remember how pissed off I was with this boss fight when it came out. Bartz would start the fight with a Monk Kick and my party was already near death before I could even put up Protectga and Wall.

EDIT: I'm also noticing how weird my screenshots are...

cactusJed likes this.
  14. mageofthesands

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Screenshots are reasonable size. I wonder if there is a new auto-resize thing deployed?

15. Yaridovich

Medals:
    I don't know, it's just that bottom part that's looking weird. Usually, that darker part on the bottom is on the upper side.

16. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Man TOO MANY events, too little time to do them all...
    I think I'll have to spend a few precious mythril on refills

Yaridovich likes this.
  17. Maverickbcp

Maverickbcp Active Member

Same. There's actually quite a few I didn't do as I was late starting this game. I'm enjoying the influx of mithril.

Yaridovich likes this.
  18. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I find that I am mostly missing 60 stamina and up dungeons only for usually the last 2 or 3 events in every realm (last on the list when scrolling, chronologically they were the oldest events).

When replaying some of these I am reminded all too well why I have not managed or even attempted these at the time:
    - Win without character X being KO-d -> Character X was released in that very same event
    - Use 3 different elemental attacks -> when I didn't have the orbs or relics to have a mage meta team
    - Use obscure ability to get specific effect on a boss -> for example even now it took me at least 10 minute to find a skill that causes sap
    - Status hell -> before the age of astra and ultra cure

Couple those win conditions with the fact that these bosses were hitting hard for their time, I can honestly say I do not miss the old events.

Yaridovich likes this.
  19. Patobaresi

Patobaresi New Member

well...i play since day one and i see mythrils raining on newbies, while i spent that same mythrils to draw SH1T at the time the events were released...
    i remember drawing 3 times in a row finding NOTHING, because guaranteed 5* did not still exist.
    It's ok to help new people draw monster relics, but what about us veterans? why do this game always keep "punishing" us? why DENA did not make the dungeons re-farmable for us too?
    i've drawn too much sh1t in the past to just sit here and watch newbies getting more powerful than a day-1 player...

20. aopp

Medals:
    Do u have Safety Bit, Rose Corsage or Sash? It sounds like u do. These are priceless accessories.

Although dena is rereleasing events from apast: Theyre NOT rereleasing the first 15-20 or so: Therein the above accessories will not be available...

Above I was so excited with the idea of attaining Safety Bit alas it doesnt look like that Event will return.

Thats where the debate lies... Would u trade mythril for unattainable accessories or 6* abilitiy motes: gathered during the 5 Dooms event? Again its a tricky debate: Pharming: for example: took a lot of time/stami just for 1 Greater Orb a few years back. With the new daily update soon acomin: featuring only 2 rounds & 2 difficulties at 40/50 stami: New players will have treasure hoards of greater and major orbs and even the occasional crystal too...

I hv two JP accounts:
    First account I started during the 2AV...
    Second account I started during the 30thAV/3AV...

Yes my youngest account has more exUSB/OSBs than my global account which I started around May2015...

But! My youngest account struggles with petty things like Gil, Weapon upgrades & Exp eggs: Tiny yet pivotal details that take more than 6 months to attain. Oddly enuf tho: I do hv a substantial amount of 3* motes and GGreens... Worse than Gil or Eggs are 4* motes... Two part problem as they changed the Mote Dungeons: Imo the bosses are much harder than the old... Veteran players will slice them in half their arrival in global comes: they require a party with high honed abilities over SBs... Materia is tricky too as: DoctorMogsTeaching/MakoMark
    ThunderGod/Lionheart
    Battleforge/AceStricker are the go to materia: But there are 50 other materia that come in handy just as much: With the new NO sb gage JS boss battles coming: ThunderGods still cool but the others wont do much for yer party...

Endlingly: yes a new player can obtain a lotta blues thru the return of these old events while veterans get nothing out of it: But ::: My god how overwhelming that would be. There are 15 realms with each realm having at LEAST 2 or 3 events in them returning.
    Thats a minimum of 50-60 events to be completed by Nov/Dec! On top of all contemporary happenings sounds like truly hard work to me: An honorary rite of passage to all new players who do it.

Ok Ive said enough me thinks...

Aopp

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017