Orphan's Cradle, Part 1 - Jabberwocky & Bandersnatch

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by Gaelstrom, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Gaelstrom

Gaelstrom New Member

Honestly this is a bit embarassing. I have beaten every single other record dungeon except this one, and I'm running into an issue with damage to Bandersnatch.

I attempted a party with Braska and Montblanc who both have USBs and 450 mag. But since he's resisting everything their chain attacks are only doing 800 damage and it's an impossible fight as they'll run out of abilities.

I did some research and there's very little reference to this battle, and it's been haunting me for months and I want it overwith, plus I can tell I must be missing something about magic parties. I've only been physical parties my entire play-time.

May I request some assistance on how to understand the magic mechanics so I can assemble an appropriate team? It seems magic power and chain abilities alone just won't cut it.

2. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

Reading over the description, first note I'd make is to make sure you are using slowga to make the battle more manageable.

Second, with it resisting all elements, you have two options really. Option 1 is to bring imperils in order to tip the scale. Chain helps certainly, but when everything is being neutered by the elemental resistance, the only way to "fix" it is by imperiling.

Do you have any faithgas? (There is the 3* faith spell, but ideally you want a soul break that boosts the party's magic) Because 450 is decent from standard equipment, but the magic soft cap is much, much higher.

Alternatively, you can consider non-elemental stuff like flare, but you really need to focus on points 2 and 3 here to help get you where you want to be.