Party Upgrade

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by Aquablad, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

Hey guys I've been playing FFRK for about a month now and I've finally got to a point where I can tackle 140 Difficulty content. In the recent realm renewal event I've gathered a couple of MCIII to use but unsure where to put them. Here is a list of core party members and potential party members:

Core Party:
    Yuna Level 99 - My main white mage. SB: Tenets, Dragons Roar, Trigger Happy.
    Gordon Level 99 - My main support character for Full Break. SB: Legend Materia, Kashuan's Resolve.

Level 80+ Members:
    Noctis - SB: Armiger Awakes, Kings of Old
    Kuja - SB: Legend Materia, Force Symphony, Clutch Strike

Level 80 Members:
    Bartz - SB: Light of the Four
    Vaan - SB: Ark Blast
    Gabranth - SB: Ruin, Innocence
    Minwu - SB: Legend Materia, Enduring Revival
    Warrior of Light - SB: Shining Saber

Other Members:
    Rikku - SB: Hyper G, Machinations
    Lightning - SB: Army of One
    Ricard - SB: Pride of Deist
    Sephiroth - SB: Octaslash, Transience
    Jecht - SB: Final Transformation
    (I have two items for Scott but don't know how to unlock him)

My current party setup has been Bartz, Vaan, Kuja, Gordon, Yuna. I've rotated Gabranth and Warrior of Light into the party for some battles. Any suggestions for a strong party or should I just invest my MCIII crystals into Vaan and Bartz?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  2. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Vaan with Ark Blast is a fantastic addition to any team - DPS + an awesome debuff. Lightning with her USB is very very good DPS as well, especially if you have Thundering Twinstrike. Rikku's USB is one of the best party buffs available, so I'll definitely think about adding her in.

For MC3, you can't go wrong with Vaan. The RM is great as well.

3. Roche

Roche July 2017 VIP

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Hello @Aquablad

I posted this link a while back:
    https://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/list-of-abbreviations-misnomers-on-recordkeeperforum.6365/

I hope it helps. Normally we don't list out the relics or SBs by name. We use abbreviations like Yuna BSB2+BSB1+SSB, Gordon SSB, Noctis USB+BSB, Kuja BSB+SSB2, Vaan BSB, etc. A number denoted after the SB usually refers to its chronological release, where a larger number indicates a later release.

Also, I had noticed that you had mentioned Legend Materia. There are two types: the first type is obtained from relics, which is then labelled as LMR; while the other type is obtained from spending 5* motes to Legend Dive the character to obtain both LM1 and LM2. So for the cases of Gordon, Kuja & Minwu, is it the former or latter?

I'll need a bit more time to analyze your team. Do consider my above notes in the meantime.

4. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

Thanks for your replies so far. All the Legend Materia are Relics from recent events.

Vaan has been pretty amazing since I've given him Mako Might. My opening is usually...
    Gordon: SSB
    Vaan: BSB
    Other Member: RW Wall

Been working at 140 but will it last at higher difficulties?

5. Roche

Roche July 2017 VIP

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Firstly, I would like to talk about party makeup. In a balanced team setup, you would usually have the following roles:
    Healer
    Support

DPS
    #1 (can be PHY or MAG)
    DPS #2 (can be PHY or MAG)
    DPS #3 (can be PHY or MAG)

Next, let's talk about Soul Breaks.

For starters, getting a good starting point of your gaming experience in FFRK would often mean being lucky enough to pull the "Trinity" relics that are essential to clearing most end-game content, i.e.:
    1. Wall SB ~ missing <Tyro Sentinel Grimoire and Y'shtola Stoneskin II counts>
    2. Hastega SB equivalent with boostga/faithga ~ Rikku USB Hyper Mighty G checks out, especially for hybrid physical+mage teams <You could also keep a lookout for both Ramza Shout SSB / BSB2 (for PHY team), or Krile Sheepsong SSB (for MAG team) in future>
    3. AOE Healing SB ~ Yuna BSB2 is okay but is more suitable for mage teams due to the party MAG+MND buff <Top tier ones include Y'shtola BSB, Vanille BSB and Larsa BSB>
    Hence, based on a balanced team setup, my opinion in improving your team mainly comes down to the following points:
    1. Get together your A-team
      • as you would already know it, it is a team of five who you can universally use to attempt any FFRK realm dungeon or event dungeon fight. Of course you could swap out some characters for another depending on the fight, such as the PHY meta or Mage meta approaches. (Basically, this line answers your question on tackling D140 battles and above)
      • Regarding MC3, I personally use them onto any character with BSB or top tier USB. Healers will definitely benefit from higher max HP. But DPS will similarly benefit from that, on top of higher max ATK or MAG stat.
      • For the sake of one reference powerhouse team that covers all mitigation debuffs, buffs (defensive & offensive), healing, and DPS, I will use a Dark-elemental hybrid team as a reference:
        • Healer: Yuna with R2 Shellga/Protectga and R4 Curaja / R3 UC
          • You have her BSB and the party buff effect will boost your mages' damage output. You will come to learn about buff stacking, whereby an ATK+MAG party buff and a MAG+MND party buff does not overwrite each other, but instead stacks atop one another, thus, granting a stacked MAG buff effect.
          • Focus on honing your Curaja to at least R4. Ultra Cure would then be next in your priority of honed healing abilities after that.
          • No... don't use Yuna BSB1 Trigger Happy
          • Then again, Minwu USB is also a good option of an emergency healing SB, but lacks the flexibility of a healer BSB which will grant use of healing burst commands.
        • Support: Gordon with R3 Full Break and R4 POW/MAG Breakdown
          • Yes, Gordon has access to 5* Support and his SSB does grant an ATK+MAG buff. However, I do hope that you might eventually get either Ramza BSB2 or Shout SSB1 instead.
          • Focus on honing your POW/MAG Breakdown to at least R4. Getting FB to R3 would then be next in your priority of honed support abilities after both the former 4* abilities are honed.
          • To kickstart the fight, I feel the next character is a better candidate in terms of a quality buff...
        • Support #2 / DPS: Rikku with <insert Thief skill or Celerity skill or Dancer skill here>
          • Her USB is top tier, as is wayyyyy better than Gordon's buff as it casts haste onto the entire party!
          • Her BSB is not bad, but I am proposing a Dark Elemental team. So probably her SB gauge should be used to refresh her USB instead.
          • However, if what you desire is more mitigation, Vaan BSB is also a formidable option which the MAG+DEF debuff stacks on top of Gordon's FB and PBD/MBD.
        • DPS #1: Sephiroth with R3+ Lifesiphon and R2+ Dread Weapon (the one which can drain life)
          • Sephiroth BSB2 Octoslash is considered one of the top tier physical DPS and probably the best Physical Dark BSB, with his Burst Command 1 becoming more devastating after each use. He also gets Attach Dark on BSB entry, which only makes his Dark abilities much stronger!
        • DPS #2: Kuja with elemental damage spells, or Memento Mori if you are feeling like living dangerously
          • Kuja BSB is one of the more effective Imperil Dark BSBs. So use his BSB to complement Sephiroth's Dark agenda. His Magic damage is also boosted thanks to both Rikku USB and Yuna BSB2.
    2. Get Cloud's RM2 Mako Might
      • I strongly suggest you go to the Cargo Ship (Elite Dungeon) to obtain Cloud's second RM1 SOLDIER COUNTER. Then start working on prospecting his RM2 by bringing him into battles until his RM Mako Might drops.
      • Having an extra RM similar to Tyro RM2 Dr Mog's Teachings is very helpful to beat harder content battles or to party in Multiplayer Raid Dungeons!
    3. Save up on ::Blue:: Mythrils
      • Speaks for itself.
    4. Using your ::Blue:: Mythrils (Smartly)
      • Assuming that you are free-to-play and not spending money on FFRK, NEVER use them for healing your party or reviving them, nor should u use them to top up your emptied stamina bar.
      • Plan on when to use them
        • Only use Mythrils to obtain new relics (aka pulling on relic banners), which then unlock new SBs and often grants a permanent Stat Boost to the character. If you have a favorite Final Fantasy title, you could look into the crystal ball: http://ffrk.kongbakpao.com/events/ , to see what upcoming events' relic banners you might want to pull from
        • Never chase after 1 relic on any event banner unless you plan to whale.
        • Never spend 5 myths on 1 single relic or 15 myths on 3x relics. Only spend mythril for the "buy 10 get 1 guaranteed 5* free" which usually costs 50 myths
        • If you are lucky enough to come across Lucky Draw relic banners, where "buy 10 get 1 guaranteed 5* free" is there but costs 25 myths to pull, JUST DO IT!! At the point of this writing, the latest LD should be FF3, FF5 and FF7 realms. So take advantage of the discounted deal that is the LD for a chance of new relics across multiple realms.
        • Try to aim for quality banners where u could tell yourself that even if u get a 1/11 pull that is the lowest on-banner relic, you can make peace with such outcome; what is considered quality banners, of course, depends on the relics/SBs you have in hand. And especially for festival banners that have quality DPS and buff relics.
    I do hope that the above advice should be able to help u improve your team. Will chat more on other configs like abilities, RM and LM at a later time.
    And I strongly advise you to also drop by the forum chat, as people there are friendly enough to actively advise or explain to you how to improve your team, or what relics to look out for.

Alright. That's all for now.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  6. Ace

Ace Active Member

Friend Code:
    5mJF
    For me u have to go With this team for now:

Team 1
    Breaker---> Vaan with battleforged(ramza RM2)
    Healer---> Yuna with mako might (cloud RM2)
    DPS---> Gabranth with ace striker (tidus RM2)
    DPS--->Sephiroth with high scorer or lionheart(tidus RM3 or squall RM3)
    Buffer--->Rikku with dr. Mog teachings (tyro RM3) and u can use her how breaker too.

Or if u take how RW a Buffer like rikku,ramza,Red xiii ecc...

Team 2
    Breaker---> Vaan with mako might(cloud RM2)
    Healer---> Yuna with dr.mog teachings (tyro RM3)
    DPS--->Gabranth with battleforged (ramza RM2)
    DPS---> Sephiroth with ace striker (tidus RM2)
    DPS---> Kuja with lionheart (squall RM2)

This is for me ur best team with u can go for now, u have a great support for ur dps on ur team 1 and more damage on ur team 2 cause for Imperil.

Anyway welcome to the forum man :)

7. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

It's a shame Gordon isn't rated :( I invested a lot of mythril to get gear from him. At least I can use him with Minwu in FF2 dungeons.

8. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

@Roche Thank you for such an in-depth analysis. I'm going to try the Sephiroth team for sure!

9. Roche

Roche July 2017 VIP

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    No worries. Gordon still does have his uses in other situations. Like u said, he is definitely invaluable in FF2 CM or Realm dungeons. It is just by design that his buff is missing the hastega party buff. For myself, as I had always wanted Onion Knight (OK) BSB which is hastega and ATK MAG buff, I will certainly be chasing after it by pulling in a future OK USB event relic banner (no, not today's Aria event. The future event banner is even better!). In the meantime, my Gordon who has his BSB SSB and Unique SB holds an invaluable spot in my mage team, where my hastega buff comes from Krile's Sheepsong SSB2.

Do also consider @Ace 's ideas on team setups with RM too. I had recommended mine based on assumption that you will bring RW either Tyro or Y'shtola Wall SB by default. If u go for Ace's team #2, it would be okay to bring RW Ramza Shout SSB1 (+50% ATK & hastega) or Rikku USB (+30% ATK MAG, Protectga, Shellga and hastega), but your party might take more damage without additional damage mitigation from Wall.

Also, if u are bringing Rikku USB with Mako Might RM, actually your Yuna doesn't need Protectga nor Shellga. U could free up that slot for more utility like Ultra Cure to deal with nasty status ailments or Slowga if a boss has status vulnerability to it.

Ace likes this.
  10. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

Thanks to everyone I have been able to get MCIII crystals for all my main party members. Cheers guys!

Roche likes this.
  11. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

The recent FF7 banner has been good to me. I did two roles and got 2x Sephiroth OSB and Red's USB.

I'm assuming I replace Rikku with Red for the attack boost for Sephi/Gabranth/Vaan? Makes sense to me!

Roche likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Active Member

Friend Code:
    5mJF
    Nope dont replace rikku cause she have proshelga and u need both for every hard content.
    Anyway Red usb is very good , and u have a good boostega for ff7 realm ;).

Roche likes this.
  13. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

Good to know I was excited about the power boost Red has to offer. Is Red USB better than the Imperil from Gabranth?

14. Ace

Ace Active Member

Friend Code:
    5mJF
    Nope cause are 2 different things , Gabranth imperil guarantees to u to do more damage with dark element , Red boost ur damage but u have rikku for that so is no sense to bring 2 boostega on ur team.

15. Roche

Roche July 2017 VIP

Friend Code:
    e7tB

Moreover, u only situationally want Red XIII USB under the following conditions satisfied:
    1. The boss doles out really painful status ailments like Petrify, confuse, sleep, paralyze, etc.
    2. If you want to hit higher ATK value (that is if u are way below ATK soft cap), then Red XIII USB buff stacks on top of buffs like Shout or Rikku USB or OK BSB.

16. Aquablad

Aquablad New Member

Thanks guys! That's kinda a relief because I'm currently invested in Vanille with Eggs. Are their any non-event MCIII I can get? Need one for her.

17. Ace

Ace Active Member

Friend Code:
    5mJF
    Nope man,the only mc3 for now u can get on realm dungeon are for gladiator,samurai ecc.. for now u can get the mc3 only on event every week(tomorrow u can get one on ff7 event) or for login bonus or fest.

18. Hkkerty

Hkkerty New Member

Oh , get the other ways ,