Poll: Relic draws to beat content

Discussion in 'Rants & Accomplishments' started by felixier, Oct 16, 2017.

How many pulls?

1. 0: I always stuck with my plans no matter what.

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  2. 1-44: I may have thrown some singles or an 11x or two at something for a boost.

11 vote(s)
    61.1%
  3. 44+: I have frequently pulled on banners in the past when I got stuck to try and clear everything.

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. felixier

felixier Salt Mountain Staff Member

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    Just a fun little thing I was thinking about during the weekend.

How many times in the past did you draw relics specifically because you were struggling to beat something?

Now that all these events have returned, does it make you regret those pulls?

I am just curious to see what others have done in the past and how you feel reflecting back on it now.

I certainly would have played this game much differently had I known I would of had a second chance at everything years later.

Leprechaun, Roche and xTeKt0n1c like this.
  2. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member

Medals:
    Things I've actually struggled to beat......Exdeath (the first Ultimate) and Bahamut SIN. That's it actually. I didn't pull for either one. That reminds me, I'll look forward to finally mastering BSIN. I have always focused my pulls towards balanced RS though.

Roche likes this.
  3. smeezus

smeezus Official RKF Banner Rater

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Did a few pulls to bolster RS. Mostly been proactive instead of reactive.

4. Deuce

Deuce Well Known Member

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Multi Player Raid#:
    Since day one I never simply make a pull, since day 1 I already tracking what should I pull for end game, I never pull because of RS or DPS, I pulled only for utilities from begin. Since day 1 I start hoard mythril until 3 months later, the very 1st festival, I aim tyro SG and I was success to get it. 2nd relic I was target is aerith planet protector, 3rd only medica(my 1st medica is eiko unique), I still remain same didn't waste too much for pull, with SG,PP and medica, I clear all content even without RS.
    I know if I pull for RS I can't hoard my mythril, until jp start G5, I know the mythril I hoard have to wait until that day(half year), so I only pull if I target something, I also pull hard for 1st FFT banner, for ramza & argias and I was success get my shout, after that I keep my mythril until G5 implement at 2nd festival, I get my 1st BSB Pecil paladin force, with one bsb I keep hoard mythril until FF III onion knight, I win that gauntlet too, next FF XIII event I win Cid Raines, FF XIV I win Yshtola circlet, most of my dps is from lucky draw or festival banner, recently only start pull some realm banner like FF VII for cloud usb and FF V for Bartz usb and I get both of them too.
    Today 3*magicite dungeon, my relic good enough for me master all 8 element.
    31 months game play, never consider realm synergy.
    31 months still remain very lucky, clear every single content as f2p.
    Today I got 10usb 9osb 43 bsb 46 ssb. Atm 309 mythril and keep hoarding...
    Future will be crystal tower dungeon & 4* magicite, hope I still can continue pew pew pew...
    My advice to f2p, track more read more from reddit or gamefaq, follow whatever happens at Japan server, we always can expect what will happen, not all accurate but as references should be not bad idea.
    Last, self discipline hoard your mythril, save for right banner.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  5. Omuno

Omuno Dedicated Warrior

Friend Code:
    SYCF
    I pull when i want pull, RS nowdays doesn't count because forged 6* equipment have a lot of stat already.
    I never pull because i can't beat content.
    And now i think the game is onto the right direction with the ability buffs, should make it alot easier as F2P. I think Utility Soulbreak is more important than pure damage soulbreak (Haste, Wall, Quickcast, Medica, Blink, Astra, etc) since there is many damaging abilitie, but there is only a handful of utility ability (and mostly they are at 3*, like dispel, haste,etc). What i want to see more is a new utility abilities, hastega maybe?? :D

That being said please give me more damage USB i have 4 healer USB already, DeNa PLS

Deuce likes this.
  6. Ace

Ace Active Member

Friend Code:
    5mJF
    Im new on this game , i play since the end of august and i pull only for what i want.
    I skip many banner for farm mythrils but when the time of pull comes, Sometimes i only need to do 1/2 pull to get what i want but sometimes need 4/5 (like banner 4 on 30th anniversary).
    In all this time i got 7 usb,6 osb (2 at 8*),23 bsb (with some at 7/8*) and 7 ssb.
    Now i have 70+ mythrils thanks to renewal dungeon, with many others to farm and saving all until a very good banner :)

Deuce likes this.
  7. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    Well... I pulled in ff12 for Vossler (useless. But he's coming back! Revenge!)
    In ff7 because of Bahasin (still no mastery, but... Hey! I will be able to get it now!)
    In ff4 to try cm (yay rosa lmr -_-)

So... Pulling out of plans to beat just one fight with relative ease doesn't give me good things it seems :D
    Now I stick with my plans :)

Deuce likes this.
  8. Zidane

Zidane Official RKF Mascot

Friend Code:
    2LgF
    Multi Player Raid#:
    I pull for hype.

Roche and Ace like this.
  9. AK-Exodus

AK-Exodus Dedicated Warrior

Medals:
    I always consider the overall banner, but I do remember drawing on FF2 to try and beat the torment CM. That got me 2xGuy SSBs - which is exactly what's needed to win it!

Deuce likes this.
  10. aopp

aopp Official RKF New York Don

Medals:
    @Leprechaun - You read my mind Vossler was so hard the first time around: if u didnt hv nat galuf invulnerabilty it was tuff.

Exdeath was hard but took practice iirc Carbuncle was the Endphase key to Vic.

Aopp

11. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Never pulled because I was stuck in the moment.

I can only recall 1 exception: FFIII D300 Torment - I chased Alphinaud BSB to avoid counters from the mad dragon king (and RW-d it as well). The BSB was on a concurrent fest banner, I got it and cleared the D300 with it. I wanted that BSB anyway, so it only sort of half counts.

The next thing is magicites. I can sub 60 all of them, with only fire being iffy, so I am going to go for some water relics in the future.

Other than the 2 above, when I could't beat content, I just accepted it and moved on. Since we are getting Renewal dungeons now, I haven't even missed anything outside of cid missions.

12. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    I was getting close sometimes but low dps meant... Big ouch when 2nd wall rw fade off and he spammed his barrage. :Ded:

13. talsa88

talsa88 Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    I'm at the point now where I can beat all content but a few Torment CMs. Generally, those alone aren't worth 50 mythril to me (two crystals, big whoop), but in the rare case where my inability to beat a CM indicates bad RS (FFII comes to mind...), I'll sometimes pull once on a banner for that realm. However, since I'm F2P (plus sometimes 100-gem), I'll only draw on said banner if it has a decent number of things that I need in general. For example, my II synergy ain't great, so I've considered pulling on banner 2 of the current event, because I don't have a Radiant Shield, OK BSB, or hardly any ice relics (Josef BSB addresses the latter categories, Emperor the former). However, since most of that banner isn't all that great, I'm saving for banners that will improve my magicite times, or in other words, banner with more of an elemental focus (VIII for ice, X for water).