R3 6* vs R5 5*

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by derek281, Jan 20, 2020.

1. derek281

derek281 Dedicated Warrior

In regards to awakenings, would I be better off using a R3 6* ability or a R5 5* ability for dps? The example I would like to use are the witch abilities chilling blizzard and abyssal shards (both deal 6 ice attacks) for use with shantatto awakening (break level cap + dc witch abilities). I have significantly more 5* orbs than 6* and only want to craft and hone one of these to either r3 (chilling blizzard) or r5 (abyssal shards), thanks..D

2. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    Well, the age of 5* is basically over, with only a few lingering exceptions. With that said, it means you probably wont be at much of a loss if you make Abyssal Shards now. Try that with Shan, and if she's capping with it, great, and if she's not, she probably will be once you start pumping Chilling Blizzard up. It all depends on what content you're trying to clear. I'm not sure what the difference in damage % will be exactly though.

3. derek281

I am gearing up for Typhon...Not sure about capping b/c shan aasb infuses with lightning and I need ice. I used Kihmari aasb on Phoenix with aqua corkscrew 5* honed to r5 and capped out every time (but it infused with water which i needed) as there are no 6* jump water abilities. I guess I could always shatter abyssal shards if it doesnt work

4. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    Typhon with 5* abilities should be very good. 6* abilities is for the future, but since you are trying to do ice witch with shant, I'd say 5* and move on to the next challenge :)

Good luck with Typhon!

OhCanada likes this.
  5. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    Or just keep it until you get R5 Chilling Blizzard. It's still good.

6. derek281

I just beat it first try (23.80) and Shan capped no need for Chilling Blizzard

Palom USB
    Elarra USB
    Laguna CSB
    OK Musb
    Shantotto ASSB

also, my Mateus was not maxed out (had at level 91) which also means it wasnt inherited either

7. OhCanada

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    QPHf
    At 23 sec "beat" is an understatement haha

Roche and derek281 like this.