Relic Banner: 3rd Anniversary Fest

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by smeezus, Mar 21, 2018.

1. smeezus

smeezus Official RKF Banner Rater

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    In case you guys couldn't tell, this will be my last relic review. I feel like I've hit a natural stopping point with the game. I'd like to apologize for my absence - I've been pretty busy with RL and Exvius, so I've neglected relic reviews. Nevertheless, you should have figured out you should be saving for this fest anyway. :Crying Laughing:

Banner 1:

Tyro's Divine Grimoire is Wall, Hastega, Shellga, and Protectga all rolled into one Soul Break. This is a ludicrous amount of utility. Rating: Aegis/10 - Snaps the game right in half

Onion Knight's Mace of Zeus is broken. This gives MAG, MND, and RES+30%, Hastega, and Quickcast Magic 3, to the party while giving himself Sage EX. Sage EX increases his BLK damage by 15% and MAG by 30%. Basically, it gives that strong utility and DPS we all like, and he can either use Flare or another elemental skill to provide strong secondary DPS. It's nuts, and it's still widely considered to be the best MAG buff 6 months into the future. Rating: MUSB/10 – Game-breaking

Marche's Burglar Sword is an amazing relic. Entry is 10x ST Holy/non, Enholy, ATK+30%, and Knight Combo, which is just ridiculous. This gives a charge of Physical Thundercast to everyone in the front row when using a Knight ability, including Marche himself. The only real downside to this is that it's hard for Marche to hit the Guardbringer/Earthbringer threshold. I'd personally use Divine/Gaia Cross and Mako Might, personally. Either way, you have strong DPS (from the Thundercast/Knight stuff) and obscene utility for anyone in the front row. Rating: Marche/10 - Game-breaking

Aphmau's Jagadna is great. This is a CT0 Curaga that gives a Hastega, and AoE CT0 charge. It's a fantastic Soul Break for speedclears. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Rosa's Fairy's Bow is ridiculous. It's a CT0 Curaga+Stockga with Magic Blink. It's also Wrathable for longer fights. In essence, Rosa becomes the ultimate sustainability USB, preventing you (in most cases) from needing Last Stand or Revive. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Ramza's Kiyomori is very good, even in the Onion Age. I personally refer to it as super-Shout. It does exactly what it says on the tin: it gives Shout and Enholy. CMD1 allows him to do some DPS, with a 5-hit ST Holy attack that doesn't add to the SB gauge. This is probably best used in JS modes or limited SBs. However, CMD2 is a Wrath slot-save. Considering this is the same character who has access to the rare Kritzkrieg buff and one of the best buffs in History's Truth, this is an amazing CMD2. Actually, it's technically better than Wrath, considering it doesn't overwrite the ATK buff from super-Shout. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Marche's Linen Cuirass is strong. This does 8x ST Holy/non attacks, gives an ATK/MND+30% boost, and Burst Mode. Attack is 3x ST Holy/non and a 15% Knight boost, and Defense is a 2x Holy/non ST attack and Sentinel. It's meant to be a Guardbringer booster, and it's certainly one of the better ones in the game. Rating: 8/10 – Solid

Iris's Moogle Doll is a WHM thrown, and it's a blend of Y'shtola and Larsa's BSBs. Entry is Cura, 30% Stoneskin, Status Blink, and Burst. Commands are CT0 Curaja and AoE Cure. Unfortunately, it lags behind Larsa because of Iris's lack of Wrath, but it's certainly better than Y'shtola's at this point in the game. Rating: 9/10– Very strong

Aphmau's Aristocrat's Crown is pretty good too. The entry is identical to Yuna's more widely-known BSB2, with Cura and a MAG/MND+30% buff. The commands are where things get tricky, though: CMD2 is your standard-grade AoE Cure, and Attack is a Cura that activates Summoning Mode. If you use Attack while under Summoning Mode, it does 4 strong WHT Lightning/non ST attacks with an auto-targeted ST Cura, and while Defending your AoE Cure gets 2x ST WHT Lightning/non attacks. It's a bit lackluster now, but it's serviceable. Rating: 7/10 – Nice boost

Mog's Faerie Tail is awesome. Entry is MAG/MND buff, Hastega, and Burst Mode, which is similar to a lot of stuff you've seen. CMD2 slot-saves Magic Breakdown, which is kind of meh situationally, but CMD1 is a CT0 Curaga+Heavy Regen. In essence, with this relic, Mog finally breaks out of mediocrity, but it's not as good as Edward or OK MUSB. Rating: 8/10 – Kneecapped by proliferation

Tyro's Keeper's Cap is awesome. This gives you 2 CT0 charges at the start of the battle, fully cementing him as a supporter. You can cast a buff and immediately keep Wrathing for more SB charge. Or use a break. Or just Wrath up a USB1 or BSB. Whichever you prefer. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

The Onion Cape gives 2 CT0 charges at the start of the battle. If you have Keeper's Cap, you know that this is the second-best LMR in the game behind Ramza, and it's invaluable for getting that extra PUSB cast up or Wrathing. Hell, I'd consider diving him as Ninja DPS. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Ramza's Brigandine is the best LMR in the game. This gives him a guaranteed Full ATB and a CT0 charge at the start of the battle. In short, with Mako Might, he can instantly spread a CT0 charge to your party (to pair with your Hastega) or instantly use Shout/Supershout. It's ridiculous. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Aphmau's Alkonyeus's Bracelet is very niche. It gives a 25% chance to attach a 2000 HP Stock onto a heal. The main problem is, well, that the main heal in-game already attaches one. The only way I see you using this is if you're a newbie or you're using Ultra Cure, which is why this isn't total garbage. Rating: 3/10 - Extremely situational

VERDICT: I would either pull here or on Banner 5. This is probably the best banner for newcomers. You have Super Wall, OK MUSB, and two top-tier Medicas. This banner won't give you top tier DPS, but it will give you a foundation for the time to come.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  2. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Banner 2:

Kain's Lance
    is very good, as most Chains are. This is just a straight-up hit count Chain, with 22 hits. Unfortunately, there's no Ultra (which makes all Jump attacks CT0) to supplement it here, but it's a fine USB in and of itself. I'm very surprised Kain hasn't made his way onto a Fest, considering how popular he is. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Rinoa's Conformer does 11 ST Ice/non attacs, gives Quickcast 2 to the party, and an Ice chain as well. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Lightning's Razor Carbine is pretty nice too. This does 10 ST attacks and Enlightning, and gives a charge of Thundercast. It sounds confusing, but Thundercast is a different buff, named after Thunder God's Might. Thundercast is like Quickcast, except it reduces CT by 2/3 instead of ½. It also debuts elemental Quickcasts, a strong ability. This is best used with Fulminating Twinstrike. It's also cross-realm +Lightning, so that's great. Rating: 8.5/10 - Strong, but not as powerful as Kain USB

Lightning's Hauteclaire introduces the second kind of Arcane Overstrike, the chain-builder. This does 20 ST Lightning attacks to start, and caps off with a single Overflow Lightning attack. On one hand, it's an alright SB. On the other hand, finishing might be a better option. Rating: 9/10 - Good chain builder

Squall's Enkindler is a 3-hit ST Ice/non Overflow attack. Rating: 9/10 - Overflow is cool

Squall's Contempt gives him a CT0 stacking Enice to stack with his enelement. Rating: 9/10 – Very good!

Lightning's Lifesaber gives him a CT0 stacking Enthunder. Rating: 9/10 – Very good!

Squall's Axis Blade, despite being the ugliest relic in the game, is by far the best standalone physical DPS BSB. This does 8 ST Ice/non attacks with Enice, but the Burst itself gives a very unique mode called Junction Mode. The first command does nominal damage and gives one charge of the Junction status, which can be stored for up to three until the BSB expires. The second command does 4 attacks, with an increasing multiplier (0.54x to 1.25x), increased crit chance (0 to 25%), and an extra hit added for every Junction charge stored. The innate crit chance stacks with Critga itself, allowing for ridiculous damage potential. Basically, if you factor in the Enice, you'll be doing OSB-tier damage for the next two commands. And with Legend Dive, if 35% Dualcast procs, you get even more ridiculous damage. This BSB has the same damage output as a high-tier USB. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Rinoa's Crystal Cross is pretty awful, to be honest. Entry is 8x AoE Ice/non attacks and Enice. The second command is Mug Magic, which sounds nice, but is largely impractical since you'll be waiting 4 turns to actually use it if you have to use it. This eliminates whatever slot-saving potential it had. Unfortunately, you have a lot better support options, and pure MAG boosts are somewhat common. CMD1 is a magical, icy version of Cloud BSB2's CMD1 – 4x ST with potency scales and not hits. There's no Overflow like Cloud's USB. In fact, it's about as strong as Chain Blizzaga, making it entirely useless. Rating: 3/10 – It's an Enelement

Lightning's Enkindler is alright. It's essentially a Lightning-elemental version of Zack's BSB – Imperil Element, largely generic, except for the ninjacast BSB commands. Unfortunately they're CMB and not CEL or SPB but this is nice paired with her USB. Rating: 6/10 – Good Imperil BSB

Squall's Lion Gloves give Enice at the start of the battle. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Enelement LMR

Lightning's Reprise gives a 25% chance to Dualcast Lightning abilities. Rating: 8/10 - Dualcast LMR

Kain's Dragoon Bracers boost Dragoon abilities by 25% with a Spear. This is fine - you're probably using Spears with Kain anyway. Rating: 7/10 - Strong LMR, boost is gud

VERDICT: I'd skip. Despite the 2 CSBs, the consolations are bad or dependent on other relics.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
    Roche, Deuce, Dragoon and 3 others like this.
  3. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Banner 3 (smeez.banner):

If you thought the OSB was broken, you haven't seen Orlandeau's Excalibur Trueblade. This does 12 auto-crit Dark/holy attacks, sets his crit rate to 100%, and gives him EX: Sword Saint. This increases his ATK by 50% and gives him a True Dualcast of Darkness and Knight abilities. I don't need to explain the power of 10-hit Assault Sabers or 8-hit Reaping Scythes. Hell, in 4 or 5 months, he even gets to do the same with Earth Saber! And that's assuming you didn't pull his LMR, which gives you a 25% chance to Dualcast Knight and Darkness abilities and stacks with both. He's even useful with Divine or Gaia Cross and Earthbringer. In short, this Soul Break has three elements to cover primary DPS with, guaranteed crits, and a possibility to Triplecast. The tri-element versatility puts it above even Cloud USB in “what the fuck were they thinking” territory. Rating: God Mode/10 – Game-breaking

Oh right, the Chicken Knife. This relic ushered in the meta of speed and chaining. This does 10 ST Fire/Earth/Wind/Water attacks and gives his EX mode, Spellblade Barrage. For the uninitiated, this is very much like Ace's chase, except marginally better due to actually being worth a shit. This has ATK+30%, Quickcast, and chases any Fire, Earth, Water, or Wind Spellblade with 2 or 8 RT hits of that element. Unlike Ace, the chase % is equally split (instead of massively frontloaded to the point where it doesn't matter). It's incredible for building up chains, especially with a full Legend Dive and his LMR. Rating: Swiss Army Knife/10 – Game-breaking

The Onion Blade is pretty broken. This gives a 50% AoE ATK boost, Hastega, Critga, and gives himself Ninja EX. Ninja EX is a 30% ATK boost, reduces his cast time by 30%, and reduces your cast time by another 30% for every action you take (up to 340%). This also doesn't wear off if you recast the SB before it wears off. It doesn't sound like much, but it's great for Wrathtrusting, taking advantage of Dervish to provide your own secondary DPS, or even healing. It also technically doesn't mix with Cloud, but the meta is moving away from Cloud's sheer power to CSBs, speed, and maximizing total hits. Hell, even with Gen 2 CSBs, the Critga and Ninja EX still makes this awesome. You're bound to have some overlap in buffs, but this does so much that you're bound to get obscene utility even if you bring Cloud's Ultra or a Gen 2 CSB. Rating: PUSB/10 – Game-breaking

Ingus's Rune Axe gives an 11-hit ST Earth attack, Last Stand, and an Earth Chain. Chains are obviously amazing in the current meta: if it is a chain, it's a banner win. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Gladiolus's Blade of Brennaere is pretty meh. It's a conditional Earth/non OSB where the condition involves the amount of hits you take. I've never really been the biggest fan of conditional OSBs, especially where they pay a tax this steep. There's a complicated formula to do it but you need to take 9 hits to get to 12.0 so it's pretty awful. That being said, it's a +Fire sword, so all isn't totally lost. Rating: 6.5/10 – Low-tier conditional OSB

Ingus's Crystal Shield is awesome combined with his CSB. This does 8x ST Earth/non attacks and Earth Radiant Shield. The damage reflected back is only 75%, but the Earth element is awesome. CMD2 boosts his ATK and DEF by 50%, while CMD1 does 4x ST Earth/non and boosts his Knight damage by 15%. In short, it's an Earthbringer booster. Unfortunately, there's no other Earth Chain out besides his own, so this doesn't work like Kimahri or Snow's USBs do. It's a shame someone like Tifa, Maria, or Rydia doesn't have an Earth CSB, because you could easily argue this would be a banner win if a second Earth chain existed. And if not, it's pretty good for the Earthbringer boosting and extra DPS from Earth Radiant Shield. Rating: 9/10 – Great Earth support

Tifa's Kaiser Knuckles are alright. Entry is 8 ST attacks, Imperil Earth, and a Burst. CMD1 is a ninjacast 4x ST, while CMD2 is a single-hit AoE with Crit-boost. CMD2 is useless, but the ninjacast can be fairly useful in a slot-saving situation. Rating: 4/10 - Meant to pair with Gaia Rush

Gladiolus's War Sword is lagging behind. This does 8 Earth/non ST attacks and Enearth. The first ST command is obsolete since Earthbringer was released. You should be doing well with Wall, Protectga, and the DEF buff from Sentinel. The second command is 2 ST hits and Sentinel. It will get you 5 hits on Earthbringer, I guess, so that's always good. Rating: 3.5/10 – A little better than WoL

Bartz's Great Sword has grown on me. This gives him 8 ST attacks and Enearth. His CMD1 does 4 ST attacks and gives him Spellblade Boost for Quake Strike memery. His CMD2 does 3 ST attacks and gives him ATK+RES +30%. It's serviceable in these days. Rating: 7/10 – Serviceable

Onion Knight's Onion Gauntlets aren't game-breaking anymore, but can still be used. Firstly, it's on a very versatile character who excels at everything. The Soul Break itself gives ATK/MAG+30% and Hastega, plus a 4-hit physical and magical Powerchain as its commands. In short, this Burst gives him ridiculous utility and can give him good supporting DPS too. Honestly, he's slightly more useful as a mage due to his greater elemental coverage, but Wrathing is better. With native Vessel of Fate, his options are endless and he can pretty much fit into any team. The only problem is that his DPS is outclassed to the point where he falls short. His BSB is better than Snow's BSB2 and Galuf's USB, but he's fallen firmly out of “god tier BSB” territory. I'd probably take Alphinaud's SSB over this in the current state of the meta. Rating: 7/10 - Still viable, but power creeped

Maximilian, my white whale, gives Bartz a 10% chance to Triplecast Spellblade abilities. It's powerful, and at first glance very rare and fun to see proc. However, when you pair it with his LD2, it gives a 45% percent to multi-cast something, which is near Trance Vivi or Orlandeau-levels of awesome. Maybe when I come back I'll try for this. Rating: 8/10 – Tricast is fun

Ingus's Genji Armor finally gives him an LMR after the first fell victim to DeNA's laziness. This one gives him Enearth at the start of the battle, which is pretty good. Rating: 7/10 - Enelements = good

Tifa's Guise gives her Enearth at the start of the battle. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Enelement LMR

Gladio's Fatigues dualcast Knight abilities at a 25% rate. Rating: 8/10 - Dualcast is awesome

VERDICT: The banner sucks. I'm not going to sugarcoat it. Sure, Orlandeau, OK PUSB, and Bartz are very good, but Ingus is dependent on his CSB, the LMRs are useless without good SBs, and Tifa and Gladio's SBs are all trash.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
    Yaridovich, Deuce, Roche and 3 others like this.
  4. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Banner 4:

Cloud's Force Stealer, even in the Onion Age, is still a very strong relic. This does 5 ST wind/dark-elemental attacks (the only downside is no failsafe) and gives you a 100% crit rate and EX: Soldier. EX mode is very simple: damage is increased by 30% (standard at this point) and he gains break damage limit. For fifteen seconds, every attack Cloud does becomes an Overstrike attack. If you couple it with his BSB2 or BSB3 and a Kritzkrieg, Cloud can take down anything by himself. The main problem is its speed. Although it's powerful, it's a tad clunky, and other Wind and Dark options like Bartz and Shadow can do very well on their own. I wouldn't call it a game-breaker anymore, but it's a 10/10 and with KH it has potential to grow. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Zack's Force Stealer is... much more underwhelming than Cloud's. Entry is 10 RT Wind/non attacks, Imperil Wind, a 30% ATK/DEF boost, and... Quickcast after every Wind ability used. You're locked to Leaping Blast, and unlike a Machinist ability (where you can just cycle Offerings to try and stack Imperils), you can't really do much here. This should have been released a hell of a lot earlier. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Quickcast Ultra

Luneth's Kiku-Ichimonji gives 10 ST Wind/non hits, Enwind, and a charge of Thundercast and his EX mode, Gale. Gale gives Thundercast for every Wind ability you use (and Luneth has a lot to go off of). It's a Wind-elemental version of Lightning's Ultra without Dualcast, which is a pretty huge bummer. Rating: 8.5/10Generic Quickcast Ultra

Luneth's Masamune is a Wind-flavored chain-builder AOSB - 20 ST Wind attacks, one Overflow to cap it all off. Rating: 9/10 - Chain-builders are nice

Zack's Enhance Sword is very nice, and in my opinion on par with Gen 2 CSBs. This has no boosts, but gives you 50% ATK, Kritzkrieg, and Wind Chain. Of course, Kritzkrieg is highly dependent on Critga, but pair it with Cloud USB and it gives a guaranteed 50% more damage that circumvents the softcap and the damage cap. It's very good for any other SB, as long as you have a Critga, but becomes ludicrous with Cloud's USB. Rating: 10/10 – You just won the banner!

Bartz's Gladius is very average, and objectively a step down from the Great Sword. The entry is a familiar 8 ST Wind/non and Enwind, giving him that last element in his suite if you missed his Cloak. CMD2 is slightly weaker than his BSB3's CMD1, exchanging a hit for a non-elemental failsafe for omni-resisters. CMD1, however, is a standard-issue 4x ST Wind/non. That's unacceptable in this day and age. Rating: 5/10 - Marginally worse than BSB1

Cloud's Ultima Blade may not be as godly as Squall's BSB2 or Sora's BSB, but it's good in its own right. Entry is 8 ST attacks and Enwind. CMD2 is 2 attacks and Dark Bargain, while CMD1 is a 4-hit Wind-elemental version of Omega Drive, where the mult scales upwards. This is good, especially considering Cloud can use Samurai 5 to further boost his attack, and with his USB and Zack's CSB, this becomes downright lethal. Rating: 8/10 – Good without USB, awesome with USB

Zack's Rune Blade is good, especially coupled with his CSB and/or Cloud Keeper. This is an Imperil BSB with ninjacast commands. 4x ST/2x AoE with half the cast time, with 8x RT for pseudo-AoE. Rating: 6/10 - Pretty nice

I honestly have no idea why Zidane's Sargatanas exists. This is a very odd item. Entry is 9 wind attacks with Enwind and Burst Mode, but Burst Mode is unique. CMD1 is 2 ST attacks and a small, stacking Steal Power. Let's call this buff Swift Steal. Swift Steal can stack up to 3 times, and it debuffs ATK by 10% increments. CMD2 does 2 ST hits and gives the party a Boostga depending on thow often you used CMD1. Let's call it Gentleman's Gift. This would be better if it didn't take at least 4 turns to set up. It's honestly pretty underwhelming unless you're RWing Vaan's USB or you're taking advantage of his aforementioned Trance mode. It's not as terrible as Steiner's BSB2, but it's not enough to justify its constant presence over The Ogre. Rating: 4/10 – A clear downgrade from his BSB1

Luneth's Mighty Hammer gives him a CT0 stacking Enwind. Rating: 9/10 - Very good!

Luneth's Blessed Hammer gives him Enwind at the start of the battle. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Enelement LMR

Zidane's Ninja Gear gives him Enwind at the start of the battle. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Enelement LMR

Cloud's Steady Light is pretty meh. It's a 35% chance to give a Quickcast charge after a Wind attack. Rating: 4/10 – Yawn

Zack's Shinra Beta+ gives him a 50% chance to chase his Celerity abilities with a ST Wind attack. I guess this adds to his Chain, but in my personal opinion the chase is pretty weak anyway. Rating: 4/10 - Not practical

VERDICT: I would skip in favor of Cloud's Glint banner, or whenever Cloud inevitably gets his Ultra re-issued. Too many dud LMRs and the next banner is coming up.

Yaridovich, Roche, Dragoon and 2 others like this.
  5. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Banner 5:

Words cannot describe how broken Yuffie's Oritsuru is. The entry is 10 ST Water/non attacks, a Physical Blink stack, Enwater, and Waterblade Follow-up. The latter chases every Ninja attack with a 4-hit, 6-hit, or 8-hit Water attack, depending on how many stacks of Physical Blink you have. I also forgot to mention that it's on a character with a ludicrous Glint and a DC Ninja LD. In short, they took a Soul Break that was already a 10/10 and improved it in every possible way. I don't know what DeNA was thinking - Edge's Ultra was good enough as is. Rating: Hydro Pump/10 – Game-breaking

Yuffie's Conformer does 20 Water attacks and caps it off with a new attack, because Yuffie needed even more damage (and universal +Water) after her Ultra2. Rating: 9/10 - Very good!

Terra's Durandal does 3 ST Fire attacks, which is very good paired with her Ultra. If you get this and you don't have much, pull on Locke Banner 2. Rating: 9/10 - Awesome

Krile's Red Scorpion does 11 ST Fire attacks, activates Fire Chain, and gives Quickcast 2 to everyone. Sure, she has a high-tier Ultra to pair with, but you're probably not gonna use it with Terra and Vivi. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Tidus's Double Edge does 11 ST Water attacks, activates Water Chain, and gives Quickcast 2 to everyone. Tidus, of course, is an incredible unit, so you can still use BSB2 or USB in conjunction. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Yuffie's Mystile is as broken as it is in FF7. This is CT0 and gives her 2 charges of Physical Blink, Blink Stack, and Ninja Rank Boost. In addition to the Enwater, she gets another Boost and can immediately reach her full potential on her Ultra. It's good without a SB, but paired with Ultra2 it snaps the game in half. Rating: 10/10 - You just won the banner!

Terra's Cloak seems kinda pointless. On a character whose game is rapidly casting Meltdowns and finishing with quickcasted AOSBs, spending a bar on a CT0 stacking Enfire isn't your best option. Rating: 8/10 - Unsynergistic

Terra's Armguard is the long-awaited update to her BSB1. Unfortunately, this goes down the road Bartz and Cecil went down instead of Cloud and Squall – even more disappointing, considering Terra's known for getting broken MAG stuff. It gives her yet another Enfire (when she has two others already) with 8 ST Fire/non hits attached to the entry. CMD2 is a MAG Bargain, while CMD1 is a 4-hit ST Fire/non with 50% extra potency on weakness.

The problem is that CMD1's conditional potency is on par with Chain Firaga. Not total potency, but conditional. Basically, how DeNA has handled bursts is very paradoxical. Before, Bursts were (for the most part) so strong that they de-incentivized honing your actual abilities. There were a few like Meltdown that were useful, but other than that they were pushed to the side. When abilities were buffed, however, they became so powerful that half the BSB commands became useless. For example, Tiny Bee has escaped the bottom tier of BSBs because the DPS command is NAT and it circumvents a lot of shit. Basically, the only thing that sets it apart from her Tiara is the MAG bargain. Not much else to say. Rating: 4/10 – Magic Bargain saves it

Yuffie's Spiral Shuriken does 6 AoE attacks and Imperil Water on entry. CMD1 gives 2 ranged ninjacast attacks and Physical Blink - basically a weaker Reflecting Pool, and CMD2 is a ranged ST Ether attack. It's grown on me a bit, due to Yuffie eating through hones. Rating: 6/10 - Meant for longer fights

Tidus's Twilight Steel is a great BSB, but dependent on having his CSB and/or USB to reach its full potential. Entry is 10 CT0 ST Water/non attacks, ATK/DEF+30%, and gives a CT0 charge. CMD2 is a 15% Shooter damage boost, while CMD1 is your generic 4x ST ninjacast. In short, you're getting big chain builds regardless. If you have the full USB/CSB/BSB2 combo, you have 10-14 hits at ninjacast speed. That's ludicrous. Rating: 9/10 – A top-tier BSB

Terra's Asura Rod gives her a 25% chance to Dualcast Fire abilities. Rating: 8/10 - Dualcast LMRs are awesome

Tidus's Armguard gives Enwater at the start of battle. It's also a rare universal +Water armor. Rating: 7/10 – Generic Enelement LMR with native boost

Krile's Dress gives her Enfire at the start of the battle. Rating: 7/10 - Generic Enelement LMR

Yuffie's Guise has a 25% chance of granting Physical Blink to herself after using a ninja ability. Considering Hydro Pump is out, this is now disgusting. Rating: 8/10 - Amazing LMR

VERDICT: If you need DPS, come here. Yuffie's Ultra2 is simply disgusting, her Glint smashes the game in two, and it contains some chains and Terra's AOSB.

OhCanada, Tricky1, Starkiller and 7 others like this.
  6. nekster

nekster Absolute Warlord

Hey Smeezus, thanks for your contribution to the ffrk community! all the best and hope to still see you around!
    I still have you in my ffbe friend list anyway, good luck with CG Fina this week!

xTeKt0n1c, Yaridovich, Roche and 3 others like this.
  7. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    This is a blessed week.

Fest coming for FFRK and red mage goddess CG Fina on FFBE. I've been saving since October for her...

Good luck to us all \o/

nekster likes this.
  8. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Meh. I need a magic chainer like Trance Terra or Barb (and have Ayaka anyway) so I just went in on this banner.

Got Sakura though so that's awesome.

Starkiller and nekster like this.
  9. nekster

nekster Absolute Warlord

I really dont know how you are able to not pull since October.. you must have a lot of restrain on yourself!

10. Hibernis

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    I did pull on KM banners for bonus units (only 5~10 tickets) and I also spent 20 tickets on BS Sakura when she came... But I didn't get her.

11. Tricky1

Tricky1 Dedicated Warrior

Friend Code:
    SK6R
    Thanks so much for this final set of reviews. I actually thought you'd left the building when we got a FFV banner with no review, so I was actually compiling your past reviews of as many of these relics as possible to make my own personal Smeezus Memorial Fest review spreadsheet when I saw this topic go live. You'll be missed around here!

Roche and majicalways like this.
  12. fouzie

fouzie Dedicated Warrior

So now you do reviews for FFBE? ;)

Thank you for all your all your contribution @smeezus , your review is very helpful for a newbie like me..

smeezus likes this.
  13. Hibernis

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Hey, will we get this x33 pulls banner and those selection banners that JP had?
    I didn't see anything about those on the in-game news

14. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Man, I'm going to miss your reviews.

smeezus likes this.
  15. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    For banner 2, I would challenge you on the rating for Kain USB vs Lightning USB. If you have Kain CSB, it's highly unlikely you'll be able to use another SB before it's time to CSB again. In contrast, Lightning USB makes her a monster to make use of that chain. So while in terms of raw damage, Kain USB is better, if you have his chain, I think you'd struggle to find a way to use it. Just something for folks to think about if they have his chain.

Also, grats on CG Sakura. I'm trying to go all in on the CG Fina banner, but E. Aileen is evading me like crazy. I hope the tickets and half off pull net her tomorrow so I can save lapis....

smeezus and Deuce like this.
  16. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Yes, we will

Hibernis likes this.
  17. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I actually also discovered this yesterday as I was reviewing the banners myself. Best part? Her dive is BRV/WIS. No worries on the VIT/DEX back log!

18. Aeveras

Aeveras Member

Will miss your reviews, but thanks for doing them! Hope you find lots of entertainment in whatever game you move to next.

smeezus likes this.
  19. Yaridovich

Medals:
    Banner 1: skip. Would love to get Tyro USB3 and LMR, but 10 dupes is ridiculous.
    Banner 2: 9 wants, 3 dupes, definitely pulling.
    Banner 3: skip, same as banner 1.
    Banner 4: 8 wants, 3 dupes, also pulling.
    Banner 5: 10 wants, 3 dupes, pulling too.

29386234_1005310929618223_2823963030302228480_n.jpg

20. Yaridovich

Medals:
    I'm assuming you copied this from your previous reviews, but is Squall BSB2 still the best standalone phy DPS BSB, now that we have Sora's BSB?
    I mean, Sora's activation and commands have a slightly lower multiplier, but they're likely offset by the 30% ATK/DEF boost from Burst activation. Squall BSB2 has an EnIce in place of the ATK/DEF boost, which is also offset by Sora's LD - though then we should consider that Sora has no dualcast without his LMR.

Or am I overthinking this and "standalone" is the keyword here?