Relic Banner: FF4: "Triumph over Darkness" event (Barbariccia) (14th Jun - 08th Jul 2018)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Zodiac, Jun 15, 2018 at 2:17 AM.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]

Set 1:
    Arcane Overstrike Soul Break
    - Excalibur II (IV) (Paldin Cecil's Sword): Holy Devastation - Three holy physical single attacks (8,00 each), breaks damage cap, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to holy damage when equipped
    - Demonslayer (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil's Sword): Nightmare Blade - Three dark physical single attacks (8,00 each), breaks damage cap, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to dark damage when equipped

Ultra Soul Break
    - Force Shield (IV) (Paladin Cecil's Shield): Paladin Wall - DEF and RES +200% for 25 seconds to all allies, grants EX: Lunarian (ATK and DEF +30%, restores 1500 HP to all allies in the front row after using a Knight ability) to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Demon Helm (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil's Helmet): Endless Darkness - Ten dark and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,71 each), damages the user for 99% max HP, grants Stoneskin: 100% (Reduces damage taken to 0, up to an amount equal to 100% of the character's maximum HP), Attach Dark and EX: Red Wings (ATK +30%, cast speed x3,00 for Darkness abilities, dualcasts Darkness abilities, removed if the user doesn't have any Stoneskin) to the user, +10ATK when mastered

Burst Soul Break
    - Helter Skelter (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil's Sword): Abyss Gate - Eight dark and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Dark and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Shadow Slash: Four dark and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,54 each)
    - Evil Drive: Three dark and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,56 each), grants Darkness +15% Boost 3 (Darkness abilities deal 15% more damage, lasts for 3 turns) to the user
    - Gravity Rod (IV) (Fusoya's Rod): Lunarian Prayer - Eight holy and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,88 each), grants Haste, Attach Holy and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Moonlight Protection: Two holy and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,20 each)
    - Moonlight Mark: 3/4/5/6 holy and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,30/2,35/2,40/3,00 each) scaling with Moonlight Protection uses
    - Apocalypse (IV) (Paladin Cecil's Sword): Radiant Blast - Eight holy and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,96 each), grants Haste, Sentinel (DEF +200%, taunts single-target PHY and BLK attacks) and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to holy damage with synergy
    - Paladin's Charge: 3/4/5 holy and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,58 each) if the user has taken 3/7 attacks
    - Light Slash: Four holy and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,58 each), RES +100% to the user for 20 seconds
    - Lamia Harp (IV) (Edward's Harp): Whisperweed Ballad - Causes Imperil Holy 20% to all enemies for 25 seconds, ATK +50% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered, adds small chance to Confuse when equipped
    - Soothing Lullaby: One holy physical single ranged attack, ATK and MAG -20% for 15 seconds, causes Sap to the user
    - Baneful Nocturne: One holy physical single ranged attack, DEF and RES -20% for 15 seconds, causes Sap to the user

Glint Soul Break
    - Paladin's Bracer (IV) (Paladin Cecil's Bracer): Saintly Force - Instantly grants HP Stock (2000) (Automatically restores HP, up to 2000 HP), grants Attach Holy to the user, +10ATK when mastered, adds minor resistance to holy damage when equipped
    - Demon Shield (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil’s Shield): Evil Force - Grants Stoneskin: 100% (Reduces damage taken to 0, up to an amount equal to 100% of the character's maximum HP) and Darkness Rank Boost (Darkness abilities deal 5/10/15/20/30% more damage at ability rank 1/2/3/4/5), +10ATK when mastered

Legend Materia
    - Caesar's Plate (IV) (Paladin Cecil's Heavy Armor): Ardor's Light Legend Materia - Grants Attach Holy at the beginning of the battle, +10ATK when mastered, adds minor resistance to dark and holy damage when equipped
    - Arondight (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil's Sword): Dark Power Legend Materia - Grants Attach Dark at the beginning of the battle, +10ATK when mastered
    - Hades Armor (IV) (Dark Knight Cecil's Heavy Armor): Thirsting Blade Legend Materia - Grants Last Stand (Prevents KO once, restoring HP for 1% maximum HP) and Thirsting Blade (ATK +35%, DEF -35%) for 25 seconds when HP fall below 20%, +10ATK when mastered
    - Requiem Harp (IV) (Edward's Harp): Gifted Bard Legend Materia - Increases the duration of stat buffs by 30%, +10ATK when mastered

2. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]

Set 2:
    Ultra Soul Break
    - Barbariccia's Dagger (IV) (Barbariccia's Dagger): Whirlwind – Ten wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,70 each), MAG and RES +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Attach Wind and Evil Gale Follow-Up (Casts Evil Gale (Instant five wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,59 each)) after using a Wind attack) to the user, +10MAG when mastered, adds small boost to wind damage when equipped
    - Mirage Rod (IV) (Palom's Rod): Thunderstorm - Ten ice and lightning magical single attacks (1,70 each), MAG and RES +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Attach Lightning and Black Magic Double (Dualcasts Black Magic abilities consuming an extra ability use) to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Mage's Staff (IV) (Polom's Staff): Pure White Magic - Instantly restores HP (85), grants Last Stand (Prevents KO once, restoring HP for 1% maximum HP) and Reraise: 40% (Automatically removes KO (40% HP) once) to all allies, +10MND when mastered
    - Lightbringer (IV) (Paladin Cecil’s Sword): Sacred Cross – Ten holy and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,71 each), grants EX: Paladin (DEF +100%), HP Stock (6000) (Automatically restores HP, up to 6000 HP) and Attach Holy to the user, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to holy damage when equipped

Burst Soul Break
    - Aerial (IV) (Barbariccia's Rod): Maelstrom (IV) - Eight wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,88 each), causes Imperil Wind 20% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Fast Wind: Four wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,93 each), grants Quick Cast 2 (Cast speed x2,00, lasts for 2 turns) to the user
    - Aero Drive: Two wind and non-elemental magical group attacks (3,09 each), grants Magic Bargain (MAG +30%, DEF -30%) to the user for 20 seconds
    - Chocobo Suit (IV) (Palom's Light Armor): Tri-Disaster - Eight fire, ice and lightning magical single attacks (2,00 each), ten attacks if exploiting elemental weakness, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered, adds minor resistance to poison damage when equipped
    - Bomb Thunder: Four fire and lightning magical single attacks (2,30 each), grants Instant Magical Attacks 1 to the user if exploiting elemental weakness
    - Ice Thunder: Four ice and lightning magical single attacks (2,30 each), grants Instant Magical Attacks 1 to the user if exploiting elemental weakness
    - Zeus Mace (IV) (Porom's Staff): Force of Will - Restores HP (55), MAG and MND +30% for 25 seconds to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +MND when mastered
    - Light of Mysidia: Restores HP (80) and removes KO (20% HP) to an ally
    - Cure Wave: Restores HP (25) to all allies
    - Zeromus Shard (IV) (Golbez's Rod): Twin Moon - Seven dark and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,49 each), MAG +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste, Sentinel (DEF +200%, taunts single-target PHY and BLK attacks) and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered, adds small boost to dark damage when equipped
    - Shadow Dragon: Grants Summon Strike and Stoneskin: 30% (Reduces damage taken to 0, up to an amount of damage equal to 30% of the character's maximum HP). If user has Summon Strike, four dark magical group attacks (4,30 each), minimum damage 1100, removes Summon Strike from the user
    - Glare Hand: Four dark magical single attacks (2,55 each), heals the user for 20% of the damage dealt if user has Summon Strike
    - Mutsunokami (IV) (Edge's Katana): Seething Waters - Eight water and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Water and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Water Barrage: Four water and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,47 each)
    - Raging Seas: Two water and non-elemental physical group attacks (0,60 each)

Legend Materia
    - Barbariccia's Guise (IV) (Barbariccia's Light Armor): Ruler of the Wind Legend Materia – Grants Attach Wind at the beginning of the battle, +10MAG when mastered, adds minor resistance to wind damage when equipped
    - Hypno Crown (IV) (Palom's Hat): Mischief Lover Legend Materia - Grants Attach Lightning at the beginning of the battle, +10MAG when mastered
    - Tabby Suit (IV) (Polom's Light Armor): Busybody Legend Materia - 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1 (Cast speed x2,00, lasts for 1 turn) to the target after using a single-target White Magic ability that restores HP on an ally, +10MND when mastered, adds minor resistance to poison damage when equipped
    - Golbez's Bascinet (IV) (Golbez's Helmet): Air of Intimidation Legend Materia - Grants Attach Dark at the beginning of the battle, +10MAG when mastered, adds minor dark resistance when equipped
    - Edge's Cloak (IV) (Edge's Light Armor): Eblan's Legacy Legend Materia - 25% chance to grant Physical Blink 1 (Evades the next PHY attack that deals physical, missing HP or fixed damage or NAT attack that deals physical or fractional damage) to the user after using a Ninja ability, +10ATK when mastered

3. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    2 dupes on banner 1, 4 dupes on banner 2...

Two Arcanes and Pecil USB2 are super tempting. But banner 2 has Palom USB... Yet Fest is coming up. UGH. Decisions!

4. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Weak FFIV RS? 1 dupe on banner 1? Good Stuff? The choice is obvious.

[​IMG]

Get Cecil Wall and LMR. Somehow fit him into Knight Squad.

Hibernis, Luxord, Yaridovich and 2 others like this.
  5. Whiteadder

Whiteadder Ded Chat Guardian TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    9AER (Metamorphosis)
    Here it is...the banenr I been waiting to get OP Darkness...and I kinda need a medica AND Fusoya Bsb is good holy magick.Welp here is what I got.

Pull 1:
    3CF4A3EA-FB7C-4AAE-9B94-269DF4267259.jpeg

Cecil LMR:Enholy...seems good for TOTS and minor dark/holy resist on heavy armour is unique

Cecil Glint:Yay discount medica!Welp I now own a medica...from a certain point of view.

Pull 2:
    16AEBFA8-AA94-4FA3-AEE1-1DFAC706F183.jpeg
    Decil Glint:THATS AWESOME!100% Stoneskin and Medium Dark Boost?Damnnnn.Now I just need his USB...

Cecil BSB2:Its pretty meh but I own his glint and lmr so it has uses.

Pull 3:
    1A1DA983-CA68-4B67-960D-4CBF9861B32F.jpeg
    Decil Dupe Glint:Yay stat stick?

Fusoya BSB:Woooo!Holy Magick Squall BSB2!Now this is really handy ESPECIALLY with my OK MAG USB.He can use Holy to build gauge AND use bsb command to do massive holy!Not sure to LD yet but its an option.

Pull 4:
    0D9D9321-7DC9-4C21-96A5-E361ECD3F7D1.jpeg
    Edward Dupe Bsb:Stat stick.Decent BSB though

Decil Endark Lmr:Eh something to fill his LM slot.Its neat.

Decil Usb:His USB is god damn useful!100% double cast(not double ability) darkness,high quickcast but rip 99% HP cause he was emo but the dark god gave him 100% Stoneskin to compensate.Though Decil is gonna need ALL the HP for his Stoneskin.

Conclusion:I AM THE TRUE CECIL! :Cecil:

Hibernis, Starkiller, Luxord and 4 others like this.
  6. Soul

Soul Active Member Supremacy Element: Holy

Medals:
    Full Legend Characters:
    FLD Global: 22 JPN: 42
    pretty good investment... Calcabrina will be melt in Secs.. (Neo Torment 240)

Roche and Whiteadder like this.
  7. Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    100-gem: Fusoya BSB

Wanted Pecil/Decil USBs even though prevailing wisdom is that Pecil's isn't ultimately that useful in the near future. Decided not to blow a large amount of mythril on it with the fest banners coming up.

1-pull: trash

Hmm. Ok, fine, I'll do *one* cult of 3-pull. But that's it and you'd better not let me down, game....

IMG_4624.PNG

Yep, ok, I'll take that.

8. Yaridovich

Medals:
    Holy crap. I'm glad you got a good pull like that!

9. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I had 4 pulls planned for this banner and stuck to it. Not pulling on fest banners (except #5), so this banner is kind of my "fest". I wanted Fusoya BSB to give me a holy option to go with Mr. Raines. Doesn't really jive with Rem since she's MND based, but I'm not sure Rem needs more help! Until we see what they are doing with holy caster chains, I'm not going to dive Fusoya. Hopefully we'll find out early next week when JP gets the banners for their upcoming fest. Also got enamored with DKC USB and glint - since it sounds like that's a destroyer of worlds, despite my dark team being amazing already. That being said, let's get going!

100 gem: DKC BSB2 - it sucks, but +10 atk and not a dupe! Feeling good!
    1/11: It's a 6-star! Woo! It's DKC USB! WOO!
    2/11: A 6-star and a 5-star! Wow! Pencil ASB and Pencil BSB2 (dupe)
    4/11: Another 6-star and group of 5's! DKC USB again, DKC LMR2, Pencil LMR2, and DKC BSB2 again
    4/11: Moar 6-star! DKC ASB, DKC LMR1, Fusoya BSB, DKC LMR2 again

No complaints other than where's my DKC glint? I have 4 pulls planned for banner 2, hopefully Palom USB comes quickly. That banner actually scares me quite a bit since Pencil's really bad USB1 is there and I have it at 8-star already (not from trying). Barb USB would also be fantastic along with their LMRs. I'll cross my fingers.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018 at 11:10 PM
  10. derek281

derek281 Active Member

I pulled dark cecil demon helmet and am having trouble understanding part of the mechanics; it takes away 99% of your HP but grants 100% stoneskin...don't these two things basically just cancel each other out?

11. Yaridovich

Medals:
    That's the idea, because otherwise he'd die with a whisper. XD Also, he needs stoneskin active for his bonuses.

12. Starkiller

Medals:
    No, the 99% HP reduction doesn't impact the stoneskin. So definitely use those new waters to boost his HP if you get his USB. I'd imagine with synergy it would give him over 10K HP, which means a 10KHP stoneskin. In normal battles, that shouldn't evaporate immediately. That's why I want his glint, so I can keep that thing up. You'll definitely want to monitor the average damage of the boss on other characters and assume he's taking at least that much damage. I really wish they'd tell you how close to dying your bubble is. Also, the recoil from darkness abilities can't kill you, so he's fine at 1%. That being said, you will have to manually target your healer unless you want them healing him non-stop.

derek281 and Yaridovich like this.
  13. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Realm: Tactics Supremacy Element: Holy Waifu Collector

Well, this banner and the Dream Select treated me much better than the Realms on Parade did... ;)

(Primary Targets were Porom and Palom's USBs.)

100 gem: Pecil USB1 (sadly a dupe).

11x #1: Edge LMR
    11x #2:
    [​IMG]

11x #3:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018 at 7:16 PM
    Luxord and Whiteadder like this.
  14. Starkiller

Medals:
    Welp, after getting another dupe 6-star from the 5 mythril pull (amazing luck with 6-star, horrific luck in getting a non-dupe), I decided to do my pulls here.

First pull: 3/11 - 2 6-star! *drum roll* Palom and Porom USB with Palom LMR! weeeeeeeee! Since I still had some budget and wanted Barb's USB I tried some more...

Second pull: 2/11 - Porom BSB (new for me) and a dupe Pencil USB. Ok, not ideal...

Third pull: 2/11 - Palom LMR and Pencil USB. OK...I have seen this movie before. I'm stopping here.

Barb USB re-appears in an almost identical banner in September and we have ~ 2 DU LD with FF4 between now and then. Hopefully I get lucky as I'm not keen on duping out a lot trying to get it.

Luxord and Whiteadder like this.