Relic Banner: FF8: "The Words That Started It All" event (Rinoa) (13th Sep - 04th Oct 2018)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Zodiac, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]
    Set 1:
    Arcane Overstrike Soul Break
    <> Valkyries (VIII) (Rinoa’s Blaster Edge, +10MAG when mastered):
    Angel Wing Comet - Three earth and ice magical single attacks (26,50 each), breaks damage cap

Ultra Soul Break
    <> Pinwheel+ (VIII) (Rinoa’s Blaster Edge, +10MAG when mastered):
    Angel Wing Ice Ruin - Ten ice magical single attacks (1,73 each), grants Attach Ice, Black Magic +30% Boost (Black Magic abilities deal 30% more damage) and Brave Mode to the user

Brave Mode: Truespell Frost Ruin
    0: One ice magical single attack (7,92)
    1: One ice magical single attack (12,00), breaks damage cap
    2: One ice magical single attack (20,80), breaks damage cap
    3: One ice magical single attack (35,00), breaks damage cap

<> Dragon Whisker (VIII) (Quistis's Whip; +10MAG when mastered):
    Kingsguard - Grants Haste, HP Stock (2000) (Automatically restores HP, up to 2000 HP), ATK, MAG and RES +30% for 25 seconds to all allies

<> Diamond Heart (VIII) (Squall's Sword; +10ATK when mastered; adds small boost to ice damage when equipped):
    Lion of Destiny - Twelve ice and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,58 each), grants Attach Ice and EX: Lion (ATK +30%, casts Renzokuken Icefang (Instant 4/5/6/7/8 ice and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,28/0,30/0,32/0,34/0,36 each) scaling with uses, 20/25/30/35/40% additional critical chance) after using a Spellblade ability) to the user

Chain Soul Break
    <> Laguna's Bazooka (VIII) (Laguna's (Bazooka) Gun; +10ATK when mastered):
    Junction Link - Activates Ice Chain (max 150, field +50%), ATK +50% for 25 seconds to all allies

Burst Soul Break
    <> Axis Blade (VIII) (Squall's Sword; +10ATK when mastered):
    Steely Blade - Eight ice and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Ice and Burst Mode to the user

-> Draw & Junction: Two ice and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,40 each)
    -> Löwen Roar: 4/5/6/7 ice and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,54/0,89/1,05/1,25 each) scaling with Draw & Junction (Keeps track of the number of uses of Draw & Junction, removed if the user hasn't Burst Mode, reset upon refreshing Burst Mode) uses, +0/5/10/25% critical chance

<> Aldebaran (VIII) (Laguna's Gun; +10ATK when mastered):
    Freezing Beam – Eight ice and non elemental physical single ranged attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Ice and Burst Mode to the user

-> Blizzard Bomb: Four ice and non elemental physical single ranged attacks (0,49 each), five attacks if exploiting elemental weakness
    -> Faeries' Gift: One ice and non elemental physical single ranged attack, grants Machinist Instant Cast 2 (Cast speed x9999999 for Machinist abilities, lasts for 2 turns) to the user

Glint Soul Break
    <> Wing Edge (VIII) (Rinoa’s Blaster Edge, +10MAG when mastered):
    Angel Wing Magic Mien – Instant grants Black Magic Rank Boost (Black Magic abilities deal 5/10/15/20/30% more damage at ability rank 1/2/3/4/5) and Black Magic High Quick Cast (Cast speed x3,00 for Black Magic abilities)

<> Wyvern Tail (VIII) (Quistis’s Whip; +10MAG when mastered):
    Pride of the King – Instant grants Protect, Shell and Stoneskin: 30% (Reduces damage taken to 0, up to an amount of damage equal to 30% of the character's maximum HP)

<> Squall's Contempt (VIII) (Squall's Light Armor; +10ATK when mastered):
    Blasting Aura - Grants Attach Ice Stacking (Allow to stack Attach Ice, up to Attach Ice 3), Attach Ice and High Quick Cast 2 (Cast speed x3,00, lasts for 2 turn)

Legend Materia
    <> Wind Slash (VIII) (Rinoa’s Blaster Edge; +10MAG when mastered):
    Daughter of the Resistance Legend Materia - Grants Attach Ice at the beginning of the battle

<> Magic Armlet (VIII) (Rinoa’s Bracer; +10MAG when mastered):
    Witching Wings Legend Materia - 25% chance to dualcast Black Magic abilities

<> Quistis's Uniform (VIII) (Quistis’s Light Armor; +10MAG when mastered):
    SeeD Star Legend Materia - 25% chance to dualcast Black Magic abilities

<> Lion Gloves (VIII) (Squall's Bracer; +10ATK when mastered):
    Slavering Fangs Legend Materia - Grants Attach Ice at the beginning of the battle

deathcloud, Lounas, Luxord and 2 others like this.
  2. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]
    Set 2:
    Arcane Overstrike Soul Break
    <> Fujin's Wing Edge (VIII) (Fujin's Boomerang; +10MAG when mastered):
    Bluster - Twenty wind magical single attacks (1,82 each), followed by one wind magical single attack (26,50) that breaks damage cap

Ultra Soul Break
    <> Gokuu Pole (VIII) (Raijin's Staff; +10ATK when mastered:
    Dragon Soaring - Ten lightning and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,71 each), grants 50% Critical (Critical chance =50%) and Lightning Radiant Shield: 75% (Returns 75% of the damage taken to the attacker as Lightning damage) to all allies

<> Selphie's Bracelet (VIII) (Selphie's Bracer; +10MND when mastered):
    Trabia Slots - Instant restores HP (85), grants Reraise: 40% (Automatically removes KO (40% HP) once) and Astra (Prevents Poison, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse, Slow, Stop, Blind, Sleep, Petrify, Berserk, Sap and Stun once) to all allies

<> Cross Chakram (VIII) (Fujin's Boomerang; +10MAG when mastered; adds small boost to wind damage when equipped):
    Storm - Ten wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,70 each), grants Short Quick Cast (Cast speed x2,00), Attach Wind and Tsui Follow-Up (Casts Tsui (Instant randomly deals five (40%) or ten (60%) wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (1,56 each)) after using two Wind attacks) to the user

Chain Soul Break
    <> Hyperion Custom (VIII) (Seifer's Sword; +10ATK when mastered):
    Sorceress Strings - Activates Dark Chain (max 150, field +50%), ATK +50% for 25 seconds to all allies

Burst Soul Break
    <> Almasy Cutting Trigger (VIII) (Seifer's sword; +10ATK when mastered):
    Brutal Takedown - Eight dark and fire physical single attacks (0,83 each), grants Dark Radiant Shield: 75% (Returns 75% of the damage taken to the attacker as Dark damage) to all allies, grants Haste, and Burst Mode to the user

-> Mad Blade: Five dark and fire physical single attacks (0,51 each), damages the user for 12,5% max HP
    -> Dire Speed: Three dark and fire physical single attacks (0,50 each), grants Quick Cast 3 (Cast speed x2,00, lasts for 3 turns) to the user

<> Fujin's Shin-Chakram (VIII) (Fujin’s Boomerang; +10MAG when mastered; adds small boost to wind damage when equipped):
    Metsu – Instant five wind and non-elemental magical group attacks (2,40 each), MAG and RES -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user

-> Shitsu: Four wind and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,25 each)
    -> Hakai: One wind and non-elemental magical single attacks, RES -30% for 25 seconds

<> Raijin's Staff (VIII) (Raijin's Staff; +10ATK when mastered; adds small boost to lightning damage when equipped):
    Raijin Special – Eight lightning and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,83 each), grants Haste, Attach Lightning and Burst Mode to the user

-> Lurking Tiger: Temporarily increase the charge level of Raijin Detonate by one (up to six) & restores HP for 40% of the target's maximum HP
    -> Raijin Detonate: 4/5/6/7/8/9/10 lightning and non-elemental physical single attacks (0,54/0,92/1,17/1,40/1,62/1,86/2,05 each) scaling with uses, reset

<> Nunchaku S (VIII) (Selphie’s Nunchaku; +10MND when mastered):
    Reality or Truth – Restores HP (85)and grants RES +100% for 25 seconds to all allies, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user

-> Crescent Heal: Instantly restores HP (105) to an ally
    -> Tiny Heal: Restores HP (25) to all allies

Glint Soul Break
    <> Fujin's Wind Slash (VIII) (Fujin’s Boomerang; +10MAG when mastered):
    Winds – Instant grants Medium Buff Wind (Increases Wind damage dealt by 20%, cumulable) and High Quick Cast 2 (Cast speed x3,00, lasts for 2 turn)

Legend Materia
    <> Six-fluted Pole (VIII) (Raijin's Staff; +10ATK when mastered):
    Bad Crowd Legend Materia - Grants Attach Lightning at the beginning of the battle

<> Fujin's Bracers (VIII) (Fujin's Bracer; +10MAG when mastered; adds minor resistance to wind damage when equipped):
    Raging Winds Legend Materia - Grants Attach Wind at the beginning of the battle

<> Selphie's Guise (VIII) (Selphie’s Light Armor; +10MND when mastered):
    SeeD Spirit Legend Materia - 20% chance to grant Last Stand (Prevents KO once, restoring HP for 1% maximum HP) to the target after using a single-target White Magic ability that restores HP on an ally

<> Blitz Armor (VIII) (Seifer's Light Armor; +10ATK when mastered):
    Moral Tyrant Legend Materia - Grants Attach Dark at the beginning of the battle

3. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Definitely doing a couple pulls on banner 1. I think the key relic I want is Squall's USB2, if only because it doesn't return and is a great relic. Also would like Rinoa's ASB and BRV because I have nothing for her that's ice-based. All the Quistis gear is amazing...she's incredibly versatile, but hoping to get all of this in a few pulls isn't realistic. I'm going to wait for the wind pickup banner towards the end of the year to pickup Fujin stuff. Seifer = poop and I haven't really looked at Raijin, but lightning monks aren't the hotness. I feel like the upcoming JP fest will have AASB for popular MC's like Squall, so pining after his USB2 now feels dumb, but who knows! Might be nice to have for the next 6-months.

Deuce likes this.
  4. Jamie

Jamie Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior Defier of Fate

Pull 1: 1/11 dupe Squall LMR :(
    Pull 2: 3/11 ALL DISCOS!!! :D
    Screenshot_20180913-201004_FFRK.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
  5. fedeMDP

fedeMDP Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    Qs9y
    It seems that my 0/N streak on daily pull has finally paid off:

FCF79747-30F4-4941-8389-63D89723F48C.jpeg

:praise rng::incredible::thanks:

EDIT: did a pull inspired on @Deuce luck:

C1D51A89-2149-42D4-AD49-FE5261175FF8.jpeg

YES! :excellent:
    Ice chain! Now my count is 5/8 elements
    And nice Squall glint (ice+ !)
    Dat vanilla gauntlets...:crap:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Tirix887, deathcloud, Lounas and 4 others like this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Well Known Member Supremacy Element: Dark Successor of SeeD TOTS Warrior Dark Hime

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Full Legend Characters:
    Bartz, Tidus, Cloud, Squall, Tifa, Terra, TG Cid, Lightning, Cyan, Ayame, Ashe, Aerith, Cid Raines, Y'shtola, LuLu, Maria, Alphinaud, Edge, Shelke, Onion Knight, Riku
    I did two pull ( that's my only budget for this banner ) & miracle happened!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Two pulled FIVE disco !
    :praise rng:

7. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior

Friend Code:
    YNvY
    [​IMG]

Gun and gloves are dupes.

Tirix887, deathcloud, Lounas and 2 others like this.
  8. Lounas

Lounas Official RKF Reindeer Hunter Completionist Collector

Friend Code:
    9TJW
    Full Legend Characters:
    WTF all of your pulls are out of this world!
    Congrats guys!!

Meanwhile..
    100 gems:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Luxord, fedeMDP, Tirix887 and 2 others like this.
  9. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    These pulls are nuts. Did they mess up the rates or something?!

Lounas and Deuce like this.
  10. Tirix887

Tirix887 Absolute Warlord

Banner 1 - RRD 4x11

fedeMDP, Lounas, Luxord and 1 other person like this.
  11. Starkiller

Starkiller Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    I wish they messed up the rates. I did a bunch of pulls, but only the first one was any good. Rest were dupe garbage and I only had like...4 dupes on the banner :(

4/11: 2 discos! Rinoa ASB, Quistis USB, Quistis GSB, Squall LMR (dupe and it was a curse that followed me in later pulls)

I won't talk about the other pulls, they were legit depressing. Only non-dupe I got was Rinoa LMR (en-ice) which is actually useful since I have NO ICE RELICS AT ALL FOR HER!!! lol

fedeMDP, Lounas, Luxord and 1 other person like this.
  12. deathcloud

deathcloud Absolute Warlord Pride of SOLDIER

Inspired by @Deuce pull, so I did 1x11 :
    [​IMG]
    Missing ice chain + rinoa usb :confused:

Starkiller, Deuce, fedeMDP and 2 others like this.
  13. cactusJed

cactusJed Absolute Warlord I am a Cactus

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    This banner 1 is niiiice

14. Vic

Vic Dedicated Warrior

2 pulls

2/11 - rinoa aosb and rinoa w-cast LMR
    2/11 - rinoa usb and quistis glint

Pretty good, but kinda envious of some of the monster pulls I have seen some people getting.

Luxord, Deuce and Lounas like this.
  15. cactusJed

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    1 pull
    4/11 (1 dupe):
    2× laguna bsb, 1× quistis lmr, 1× rinoa glint

Deuce and Luxord like this.
  16. cactusJed

Friend Code:
    XRef
    Full Legend Characters:
    Second pull...
    2/11 (1 dupe)
    :
    Dupe Rinoa LMR.
    Rinoa AOSB.

Well, I shot twice at the moon and missed

Luxord likes this.
  17. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    So the official banners for this fest suck. I had two pulls planned there but it all went to hell so I decided to do one pull on each banner here.

Banner 1: Rinoa ASB and Glint
    Banner 2: Fujin USB

I certainly wanted more stuff for Fujin but it's a disco and a good one so I can't complain.
    I'm happy overall.

Now on saving mode for V banner. I need an earth chain.

Luxord and Deuce like this.
  18. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Since I decided that I am not pulling on the festival or any banners until 4YA, I was looking at my 350 mythril stash and thinking: well, I am only missing Ice Chain and this point, and between Laguna and Serah, Laguna seems to have a better kit.

I even have 4 dupes here already, so I am violating my rule of dupes hard on this :D So no regret approach is the only one left for me!

So I am blowing my mythril on this banner 1 until I am out or I get it, but I'll do it in sessions of 2 at a time.

1st pull: 2/11 Quistis USB and LMR
    2nd pull: 2/11 Squall Glint (dupe) and Laguna CSB (!!!)

Cool, it only took 100 mythril and now I have chains for all elements! (I already have Laguna LMR and BSB)

The remaining 250 mythril is going against 4YA and beyond! :)
    Me Happy :D

Hibernis, Luxord and cactusJed like this.