Relic Banner: FFT: "Sworn by Steel" event (Meliadoul) (14th - 28th Sep 2017)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Zodiac, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017

[​IMG]
    Set 1:
    - Musk Pole (FFT) (Rapha's Rod): Miracle of Scorpio - Grants Haste, Quick Magical Attacks 3 (Cast speed x2,00 for BLK, WHT, BLU, SUM or NAT attacks that deal magical damage, lasts for 3 turns) and MAG +30% for 25 seconds to all allies, grants Attach Lightning to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Gokuu Pole (FFT) (Marach's Rod): Khamja Collusion - Instant eight lightning and non-elemental magical random attacks (2,07 each), ATK, DEF, MAG and RES -40% for 25 seconds, grants Magical Blink 1 (Evades the next non-PHY, non-NIN attack that deals magical, fractional or missing HP damage) to all allies, +10MAG when mastered

- Cypress Pole (FFT) (Rapha's Rod): Heaven's Wrath (FFT) - Eight lightning and non-elemental magical random attacks (2,10 each), MAG and RES +30% to all allies for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Thunder Mark: Four lightning and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,36 each), restores HP (60) to the lowest HP% ally
    - Roaring Sky: Two lightning and non-elemental magical group attacks (3,93 each), grants Stitch in Time (MAG +30%, DEF -30%) to the user for 20 seconds
    - Battle Bamboo (FFT) (Marach's Rod): Hell's Wrath - Eight dark and lightning magical random attacks (2,13 each), MAG and RES -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Lightning Mark: Four dark and lightning magical single attacks (2,25 each)
    - Thunderbreak: Two dark and lightning magical group attacks (3,44 each)
    - Save the Queen (FFT) (Meliadoul’s Sword): Crush Helm - Seven earth and holy physical random attacks (1,09 each), ATK and DEF -50% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Divine Break: Two earth and holy physical single attacks (1,10 each), ATK -40% for 15 seconds
    - Divine Crash: Two earth and holy physical single attacks (1,10 each), ATK and MAG -20% for 15 seconds
    - Templar Robe (FFT) (Meliadoul's Robe): Crush Armor - Six earth and holy physical group attacks (0,98 each), causes Imperil Earth 20% for 25 seconds, +10ATK when mastered, adds minor holy resistance when equipped
    - Chaos Blade (FFT) (Orlandeau's Sword): Sword of Saints - Instant six holy and lightning physical group attacks (0,84 each), grants Instant Cast 2 (Cast speed x9999999, lasts for 2 turns) to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Healing Staff (FFT) (Ovelia’s Staff): Princess's Prayer - Restores HP (85) and grants Magical Blink 1 (Evades the next non-PHY, non-NIN attack that deals magical, fractional or missing HP damage) to all allies, +10MND when mastered
    - Headband (FFT) (Marach's Hat): Nether Ashura - Six dark and fire magical group attacks (2,37 each), ATK and RES -50% for 25 seconds, +10MAG when mastered

- Rapha's Bracer (FFT) (Rapha's Bracer): Keeper of Faith Legend Materia - 35% chance to grant Quick Cast 1 (Cast speed x2,00, lasts for 1 turn) to the user after using a Lightning attack, +10MAG when mastered, adds minor lightning resistance when equipped
    - Marach's Guise (FFT) (Marach’s Light Armor): Sower of Doubt Legend Materia - Grants Attach Lightning at the beginning of the battle, +10MAG when mastered, adds minor lightning resistance when equipped

[​IMG]
    Set 2:
    - Orichalcum Dirk (FFT) (Delita's Dagger): King Apparent - Ten single attacks (0,67 each), 0,77 multiplier if exploiting elemental weakness, grants Bushido (ATK +30%, RES +25%, Critical chance =50%) the user for 25 seconds, grants Instant Cast 2 (Cast speed x9999999, lasts for 2 turns) to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Zeus Mace (FFT) (Ovelia's Staff): Divine Dispelna - Instantly restores HP (85), RES + 100% for 25 seconds and grants Last Stand (Prevents KO once, restoring HP for 1% maximum HP) to all allies, +10MND when mastered

- Runeblade (FFT) (Delita’s Sword): Hero-King - Eight fire, holy, ice and lightning physical random attacks (0,87 each), critical hits deal 100% more damage (instead of 50%), grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to fire and lightning damage with synergy

- Godfire Blade: Four fire and holy physical single attacks (0,58 each), critical hits deal 100% more damage (instead of 50%)
    - Icebolt Wave: Four lce and lightning physical single attacks (0,58 each), critical hits deal 100% more damage (instead of 50%)
    - Mage's Staff (FFT) (Ovelia's Staff): Heart's Lament - Five holy and non-elemental magical single attacks (2,34 each), restores HP (55) to all allies, MND +30% to the user for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10MND when mastered, adds small boost to holy damage when equipped
    - Sister's Supplication: Instantly restores HP (105) to an ally
    - Sister's Mercy: Restores HP (25) to all allies
    - Stoneshooter (FFT) (Mustadio's Gun): Sharpshot Spray - Eight physical random ranged attacks (0,84 each), ATK and MAG -40% for 25 seconds, grants Haste and Burst Mode to the user, +10ATK when mastered
    - Quick Trigger: Two physical single ranged attacks (1,20 each), grants Instant Machinist Abilities 2 (Cast speed x9999999 for Machinist abilities, lasts for 2 turns) to the user
    - Aegis Crush: One physical single ranged attacks, DEF -40% for 15 seconds, ranged attack
    - Platinum Sword (FFT) (Ramza's Sword): Shout - Grants Haste, ATK +50% for 25 seconds to all allies, +10ATK when mastered
    - Mythril Gun (FFT) (Mustadio’s Gun): Heart Piercer - Five physical group ranged attacks (1,17 each), ATK, DEF MAG, RES and MND -30% for 25 seconds, +10ATK when mastered, adds small chance to Instantly KO with synergy
    - Wizard's Robe (FFT) (Rapha's Robe): Ashura - Six fire and non-elemental magical group attacks (2,27 each), grants Haste to all allies, grants Quick Magical Attacks 2 (Cast speed x2,00 for BLK, WHT, BLU, SUM or NAT attacks that deal magical damage, lasts for 2 turns) to the user, +10MAG when mastered
    - Coral Sword (FFT) (Delita’s Sword): Northswain's Strike - Four physical group ranged attacks (1,50 each), ATK -50% for 25 seconds, +10ATK when mastered, adds small boost to lightning damage when equipped

- Aegis Shield (FFT) (Delita's Shield): Ark Knight's Finesse Legend Materia - ATK +2% for each hit dealt with Spellblade abilities, up to +34%, +10ATK when mastered
    - Celebrant's Miter (FFT) (Ovelia’s Hat): Divine Insight Legend Materia - 25% chance to dualcast White Magic abilities, +10MND when mastered

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Roche, Luxord and Yaridovich like this.
  2. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Skipping both. 3 dupes on banner 1 and 6 on banner 2. A few things I'm interested in on banner 1, specially Rapha USB and LMR and Melia BSB, but my FFT synergy is already ridiculous enough as it is so there is no need to pull. Just going to save to 30th anniv and FFVI.

3. Vetheran

Vetheran Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Yeah this is a trap banner (both). The next FFT will have some very nice stuff, and the one after that: godly ones.

talsa88 likes this.
  4. talsa88

talsa88 Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    gYeG
    Skipping because even with Rapha's BSB, none of that stuff is as great as I'm sure the fest banners will be.

5. pookkachan

pookkachan Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    I totally agree. Will spend pull on Cid's banner. The new sword is ridiculously good. Need high hone though.

6. smeezus

smeezus Official RKF Banner Rater

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Rapha's Musk Pole is decent. It's a direct upgrade to Ley Lines, with a pure MAG+30%, Hastega, Quick Cast 3, and Hastega, and Enlightning. I'm honestly not too crazy about this. It's good, but in my opinion her BSB's off-healing gives her the edge. It's obviously not awful, but I'm honestly pretty bearish on this one. Rating: 8/10 – Nice boost

Malak's Gokuu Pole is pretty bad, to be honest. It's CT0 AoE Full Breakdown, physical damage, and Magic Blink. It suffers from the same problem as his other SBs – he tries to be a debuff/DPS hybrid, but doesn't really have unique debuffs, top tier DPS, or SB generation to compete with, say, Faris or Vaan. Rating: 7/10 – Low-tier support USB

Rapha's Cypress Pole is awesome. This does 8 Lightning/NE attacks, increases the party's MAG/RES by 30%, and gives her her Burst. The second command is a +MAG/-DEF buff with 2 AoE Lightning/non hits, and the first command is a 4-hit command with a Curaga-tier heal. In other words, it's like Raines's BSB, but more RES-focused and with sustainability instead of pure DPS. I like the off-heals more. Rating: 9/10 – Very nice off-healer

Malak's Battle Bamboo has potential, but is ruined by bad commands. It does 8 Lightning/Dark attacks (worse than Rapha, once again) and a 50% MAG/RES debuff. Good in theory... until you realize his commands are a generic toolkit. 4X ST, 2x AoE, non-failsafe, despite having no enelement or even imperil attached to it. The debuff saves it from being “it's a BSB” tier. Rating: 6/10 – Salvaged by its debuff

Meliadoul's Save the Queen is a very strong debuffing relic. Entry is 7 Earth/Holy RT attacks with ATK/DEF-50%. CMD1 is 4 hits and ATK-50%, and CMD2 is 2 hits and ATK/MAG-20%. It neutralizes physical bosses and does decent DPS in a hit. It trades in Lion's CT0 for more ATK-based specialization and random targeting. Rating: 9/10 – Very strong debuffing BSB

Rapha's Bangle gives a 35% chance to give her Quickcast when using Lightning abilities. Rating: 5/10 – Generic Quickcast LMR

Malak's Guise gives him Enlightning at the start. Rating: 6/10 – Generic Enelement LMR

Meliadoul's Templar Robe is 8 AoE attacks and Imperil Earth. Rating: 4/10 – Generic Imperil SSB

Orlandeau's Chaos Blade is also a decent DPS relic. It's an AoE version of Noel's SSB, with 6 CT0 Holy/Lightning attacks and 2 CT0 charges. It essentially swaps out auto-Stun for Holy/Lightning coverage, which is alright. Rating: 5/10 – It's okay

Marach's Headband is good too. It's 6 AoE Dark/Fire attacks with an ATK/RES down. Unlike MAG/RES and ATK/DEF, the unique buff hasn't been proliferated, so it has my approval for an SSB. Rating: 6/10 – Unique debuff

VERDICT: I'd skip, to be honest. There are better FFT banners coming up.

Banner 2:

Delita's Orichalcum Dirk is good too, but extremely dependent on his BSB. Entry is 10x ST Fire/Ice/Lightning/Holy attacks (and a 10% multiplier boost on weakness) with 2 CT0 charges, ATK+30%, RES +25%, and a 50% self-Crit boost. It's a play on Auron, except it's more selfish in that it synergizes with himself and his own BSB (which I will describe later). The problem with this is that there's a much better option, Cloud's USB, that you can RW, which eliminate RNG altogether. There are Magicites and Crystal Towers, but that's fairly niche. Rating: 7.5/10 – Would be better in a world without Cloud USB RWs

Ovelia's Mace of Zeus gives a CT0 Curaga, RES+100%, and Last Stand. I prefer Eiko's Hastega or Yuna's Curaise to a flat RES boost. Rating: 8/10 – Mid-tier Medica USB

Delita's Runeblade is still at best a very relic-dependent relic. It's essentially Bartz's BSB1 with more common elements, a quad-element entry, and Kritzkrieg on command. The Kritzkrieg is still strong, but unless you have a Critga of your own (or Cloud's USB), it's a pretty crappy BSB. Rating: 4/10 – Very relic-dependent BSB

Ovelia's Mage's Staff is a firm upgrade from Arc's BSB. It does Cura, a bit of damage, a self-MND+30%, and a Burst. CMD2 is standard-issue AoE Cure, while CMD1 is a CT0 Curaja. This basically opts for very potent ST healing. Rating: 7/10 – Mid-tier healer BSB

Mustadio's Stoneshooter is one of those Soul Breaks that tries to do two things at once and... actually does both reasonably well. Entry is 8 random non-elemental attacks and a stacking offensive debuff. That's not bad, true. Command 2. Armor Breakdown slotsave. Again, not that bad: wish it was MCH and not SUP. But Command 1 does 2 attacks and gives 2 charges of Quick Machinist. The problem, of course, is that there are no consistently good support abilities. However, those 2 charges of Quick Machinist make for a lot of damage and chaining potential, especially if you have a +Lightning light armor or bracer. It's a pretty good, ability-dependent, but there are a few better non-elemental DPSes out there. Rating: 7/10 – Better than I thought

Delita's Aegis Shield gives him stacking ATK with every Spellblade hit. In short, it's dependent on the rest of his LD until the spellblade buff. It's trash right now but it's somewhat salvageable soon. Rating: 4/10 – Gets better with age

Ovelia's Celebrant's Miter is better. It has a 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic. Rating: 9/10 – Dualcast WHM is always nice

Ramza's Platinum Sword is Shout. It needs no introduction: it's not a game-breaker, but it's still a strong relic to this day. I will warn you: it does get power-creeped by his BSB2, but it's still a very strong relic regardless. Rating: 8/10 – Great!

Mustadio's Mythril Gun is an AoE Pentabreak and 5 hits. Rating: 5/10 – Generic Pentabreak SSB

Delita's Coral Sword is massively outdated as a SSB to the point where Vaan's SSB1 is better. It's DPS and an AoE Power Breakdown. However, it's still a +Lightning stat stick. Can't say I'm a fan at this point. Rating: 3/10 – Only buoyed by the +Lightning.

I really don't see the point of Rapha's Wizard Robe either. It's a DPS Hastega in FFT that happens to give 2 Quickcast charges to her. This would be fine if Shout wasn't one of the most proliferated relics in the history of FFRK, and there are much better Hastegas out there. It's everywhere, and there are plenty of better Hastegas in-realm and out-of-realm to bring. Rating: 2/10 – DPS Hastega\

VERDICT: Skip. Delita's kit is extremely dependent on itself, and there are no killer apps. The best item on this banner is the LMR, and that's something you can get anywhere.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Luxord and Yaridovich like this.
  7. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Who does Meliadoul think she is, Beowulf? Leave Chicken to him!

Hero-King isn't the worst BSB I've used. The quad element has helped me on some medal condition fights. Using Cloud USB RW on him while exploiting kritzkrieg is effective, but not as effective as it should be. Unless you are exploiting weakness and imperil. You're usually better off using Cloud USB on Agrias and powering out some BSBs.

Coral Sword has low attack for a sword, I've found.

Chaos Blade is pretty neat. Going Lifesipon x2, SSB, then Full Charge x2 is pretty nice. I have also had times in a Jump Start where using SSB after Thunder God's Might materia ran out to power out the last few attacks on his burst. It also lets him instant cast the roaming warrior. If really want to save time and do damage ASAP in a Jump Start, start off using this SSB, instantly use Cloud USB, then instantly use BSB.

Rapha BSB is stupid good. It's very common for me to have Rapha do two dances then use BSB from a Mako Might. Rapha can also spam cheap ninja scrolls or witch spells for charges. She's great, and part of almost every mage strategy I got.

8. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    * Hero-King really isn't terrible. I just pulled it and I've found it a decent option, at least for hitting weaknesses. Maybe it deserves a 4.5, but I wouldn't rank it above a generic because of its dependency on outside relics.

* Right. It's a Gen 1 SSB. It sucks and it's there for the AoE Power Breakdown. That being said, it is a universal +element. It has worth.

* Yeah, I like Chaos Blade. It's just very meh to use current.y

* I also love Rapha BSB too.

Yaridovich likes this.
  9. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Did some theorycrafting re: Delita's BSB. I've heard people say Delita's BSB isn't as bad and figured I would do some theorycrafting to

Let's compare a 500 ATK Delita with BSB with a 500 ATK generic enelement BSB (Enfire entry, 4x ST command). Since the only generic physical enelement BSBs (that are out in GL) are Tifa, Tidus, The easiest we found was, ironically, Squall's BSB2, which is known for being a godlike DPS option at full potential, but at its worst potential (spamming Lowen Roar), it fits perfectly for our experiment. Both will be operating at maximum efficiency (Ultra Cross Slash, to maximize critical hits), and with their respective Bursts on.

So we test it out on Necrophobe. I fire up my calculator, they fire off their Bursts. Then they fire off their commands - a 4x ST Ice-elemental attack - one with Kritzkrieg. Most enelement SB commands, bar a special effect (like Edge's BSB or Galuf's BSB) pay a roughly 14% enelement tax to a Gen 1 BSB (like Bartz1). That being said, you have another 7% tax for an added effect, so there's only a 7% difference in damage multipliers.

I did a bunch of different setups. I found:
    * Delita with Cloud USB+extra Kritzkrieg/generic with Cloud USB = 11752 damage/9836 damage. Flip that around = 120% of generic Enelement BSB
    * Delita/generic enelement with Cloud USB: 9400 damage/9836 damage = 96% of generic Enelement BSB
    * Delita with Cloud USB+extra Kritzkrieg/generic enelement with Cloud USB+Kritzkrieg: 11752 damage/13112 damage = 90% of generic Enelement BSB

* Delita with Cloud USB/generic Enelement with Cloud USB+Kritzkrieg: 9400/13112 = 72% of generic Enelement BSB

In short, Delita's BSB is extremely dependent on an extra Kritzkrieg for you to surpass a generic Enelement BSB, not only a Critga. And that's assuming the crit rate is 100%. The main ones you want are the middle two - comparing them without a Kritzkrieg and with a Kritzkrieg. As such, my rating stands.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    Roche and Yaridovich like this.
  10. Renzworth

Renzworth New Member

[QUOTE="smeezus,

VERDICT: Skip. Delita's kit is extremely dependent on itself, and there are no killer apps. The best item on this banner is the LMR, and that's something you can get anywhere.[/QUOTE]

So if I already own Delita BSB would it be worth throwing in a 1/11 pull for his USB?

11. Vetheran

Medals:
    So if I already own Delita BSB would it be worth throwing in a 1/11 pull for his USB?[/QUOTE]

"Do not chase 1 relic" - Unknown

12. Hibernis

Hibernis Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    Uuh I don't get it...
    I thought Marak's BSB lightning/dark hits acted as a failsafe, as if it were lightning/NE or dark/NE.
    Guess I was wrong

13. mageofthesands

mageofthesands Well-Known Member

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    YNvY
    Yeah, I was just giving my personal experiences with the relics. Best thing about Hero-King is that the animation is a nighttime version of Ramza's BSB.

14. Yaridovich

Medals:
    Failsafe usually refers to NE damage, since enemies cannot resist, absorb or be immune against NE damage. So as an example, if an enemy is resistant to both lightning and dark, Marak's BSB is always going to hit lower.

Hibernis likes this.
  15. Hibernis

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH

Yes I know what failsafe is, I just forgot that bosses resistant to both elements exist lol
    But what I was saying is, if the boss is only resistant to dark, the game would only consider the lightning part and deal neutral damage, right?

Yaridovich likes this.
  16. Yaridovich

Medals:
    In that case, yes. The game always considers the element that causes the most damage. It's not very common to see a boss that really is resistant/immune/absorbent of both elements, but there is the occasional boss that is resistant/immune/absorbent of all elements except the one it's weak to, so if those elements include lightning/dark, then it'd be rendered less useful or just useless. Unlike, say, Rapha's BSB which is Lightning/NE, which would still cause damage as normal due to the NE failsafe.

Hibernis likes this.
  17. smeezus

Friend Code:
    9MbD
    Right. Attacks can only use one element of a dual-element attack and always use the strongest element. In case of a tie, they go to the first element listed, which in Marach's case is Lightning.

Like say I trot my Bartz into battle without any elemental boosts. He has USB up, and I fire off a Snowspell Strike to try and get the chase (since it's Wind/Water/Fire/Earth). Because Snowspell Strike's primary element is Ice and not Wind, Bartz cannot chase.

But if my Faris uses her USB2, he gets to chase because Wind becomes a stronger element. You could also slap a +Wind equip or a +Wind armor on Bartz to boost Wind over Ice.

Tricky1, Hibernis and Yaridovich like this.
  18. tajid

tajid Well-Known Member

100 gem orleandou's sbb

Thats 3 in a row 100-gem rainbows/disco ball, keep it coming rng :)

Luxord and Hibernis like this.
  19. Vetheran

Medals:
    I see nobody is pulling :D Except for 100 gems.

There are very few who are crazy enough on Reddit (OMG I must has Medaliou stuff, spent 300 mythril already lololol), but most of the populace seems to be crafty enough not to fall for the traps

talsa88 likes this.
  20. Hibernis

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    KmLH
    I didn't know about that part. Thank you mr. :D and thank you @Yaridovich

And out of curiosity, what is the next FFT banner? Is it the one with Ramza BSB2 and Agrias USB?
    And am I right to assume that it might come in december?

Yaridovich likes this.