Relic Banner: "The Onion Knight Rises" event (Onion Knight) (10th - 28th Jan 2018)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Vetheran, Jan 10, 2018.

1. fedeMDP

fedeMDP Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    Qs9y
    2/11 with no disco = bad news...

IMG_0401.JPG

Same result as the first OK banner... no OK and dupe Arc stuff (it was the Robe back then)
    :help::Mist Opportunity::So Sorry:

2. rxman84

rxman84 Member

Don't the OK relics and LMR come back during 3rd anniversary? Tempted to wait and try for them at that point along with Tyro's new relic.

3. Tricky1

Tricky1 Dedicated Warrior

Friend Code:
    SK6R
    It was hard picking between this and Terra banner for the one draw I can currently afford. Both had three dupes for me (Onion/Refia/Aria BSBs here, Terra OSB and both SSBs on the other). I love VI, but in the end, the SSBs decided it, since those dupes basically counted double.

IMG_9977.jpg

Very happy. Onion mUSB keeps him in his primary mage meta role, and probably justifies a mage LD. CoD USB adds her to the team and complements my Seymour chain. Gotta figure out my go-to dark abilities since I don't have other breaks for her. I've been using an R2 Dire Heal and R2 dark summon to support Seymour. My next-best dark ability is a R4 darkra that I'm not even sure will trigger her follow (is it Dark element or Dark school abilities?).

4. Tricky1

Tricky1 Dedicated Warrior

Friend Code:
    SK6R
    I feel like the only one of those relics you can rely on at 3A fest it Tyro's SuperWall (or whatever it is we're calling it). The others might be there, might not, or might be stuck on a banner where you have seven dupes.

rxman84 likes this.
  5. Hibernis

Hibernis Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Ice Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    KmLH
    It has to be a dark elemental attack, so Darkra would trigger it

Tricky1 likes this.
  6. Quantumhawk

Quantumhawk Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Ok, I thought I had done too many pulls but you inspired me. Attempt #6, 1/11, pUSB. Hooray!

Dragoon, Zodiac, pookkachan and 7 others like this.
  7. Roche

Roche White Knight Mod Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Actually, my threshold was striking my first reforged relic from on banner items. Outcome was 6* for Refia BSB, CoD BSB2, OK BSB, OK MUSB (7*). All good, at least I have one more level for dupe tolerance in future event banners or lucky draws.

Congratulations @Quantumhawk on your pull!

8. majicalways

majicalways Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    zBz6
    I'm with you Talsa. (Not that I could afford it) IMO, the banner is good but overrated. Although, I'm stoked for everyone's success!!! I love the passion and excitement and disappointment...

Like you said, this banner is godly if one has no access to boost SBs. But there are... so... many. I'm most attracted to mUSB for the quick cast, but even that has been seen with bard relics recently... Idk, I just don't see how it's game breaking. The hype train is luring and seducing ;) stay vigilant.

P.S. as solitaire says on his review in gamefaqs, the OK relics return with anniversary banners.

9. Yaridovich

Yaridovich Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    The thing with boost SBs is that they're either usually ONLY that - boosting and nothing else - or they're matched with other effects/commands, but lacking other things (Hastega, etc), whereas OK's USBs provide all that AND power him up at the same time, allowing him to provide utility and DPS at the same time.

Examples:
    • Vessel - ATK/MAG boost, Hastega, good Burst commands - it's great as an universal party booster but, other than that, even with the Burst commands and versatile ability pool, he's not going to be exactly great at DPSing.
    • Ramza BSB2 - this is likely the closest there is besides OK's USBs to a combination of utility and DPS, but still somewhat limited. If you're fighting a Holy-weak enemy, cmd1 will deal decent damage (I've had Ramza hitting for 30k with cmd1 against a D200+ Holy-weak boss), but not so much other than that, and you still have to make sure that either the boss dies before Burst mode runs out or balance it with cmd2, since cmd1 doesn't generate SB gauge.
    • Raines BSB - MAG/DEF boost, great Burst commands, but no Hastega and no EX Mode for chases or extra power.
    • Rapha BSB - Same as Raines with a MAG/RES boost.
    • Ramza USB - ATK/MAG/DEF boost, party CT0 for 1 turn, but no Hastega and no EX Mode for chases or extra power.
    • Edward USB - Literally does less than OK's MUSB. Both give MAG/RES/MND boost and Hastega, but OK gives 3 turns of magic quickcast (vs Edward's 2) and OK gains EX Mode: Sage (vs Edward's none).
    There are other examples here that could be mentioned, mostly SSBs like Endless Blessings, Sheepsong, DT, Shout, etc, which are basically just boosts - either they grant Hastega + stats boosting, or stats boosting + another effect (MRegen, Reflect Barrier, etc) but no Hastega.

All in all, OK's USBs allow him to be a all-in-one powerhouse. PUSB turns him into a quickcast machine, whereas MUSB gives him ridiculous MAG potential. Add that to his two dualcast LMs and you can see the DPS potential.

Of course, he's a generalist, as he doesn't specialize in elements. If you need a Fire heavy hitter, you'll still likely want to have Terra, Bartz or Papa; if you need Water, you still want Tidus, Bartz or Edge, etc. However, despite the lack of elemental specialization, he still fits anywhere. And even more so when using MUSB + BLM, due to the Chain spells (which are elemental).

10. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

Medals:
    grahhhh, so I went for pull number 2 since number 1 was 1/11 (mUSB tho!) and I want more onion god stuff....

2nd attempt = 1/11 no disco :(

got Ingus BSB, which is new at least, but 2 1/11's in a row is pretty discouraging.... only have enough mythril for 1 more pull if i grind out like 15 myth from dungeons, and I *really* want pUSB or OK LMR.

not sure if I should or not since pUSB (might?) come back for 3rd anniversary... DECISIONS

11. Vetis09

Vetis09 Active Member

Friend Code:
    iKmU
    Got onion attack usb, set as roaming warrior for those of you who have me.

Dragoon and Yaridovich like this.
  12. Yaridovich

Medals:
    I'd suggest checking your current number of dupes, your current mithril/gems and upcoming banners, then make a decision based on these factors.

13. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian"

Medals:
    So for those of you who just got his pUSB, how do you plan on using him in parties? What abilities? and will you LD him? I'm not the biggest celerity fan, but if a case can be made for chain starter and dervish I would invest in them.

14. blaat

blaat Active Member

Friend Code:
    SsDG
    Depends on the battle of course. Either support, entrust bot, ninja abilities or curada spammer

15. Yaridovich

Medals:
    Already LD'd him. Dervish all the way, but it'll also depend on the fight. I'll still bring him with Protectga or Shellga when needed and support abilities, also when needed.

16. pookkachan

pookkachan Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    G8vP
    Replacing Ramza as a full support or entrust bot in magicite.

17. derek281

derek281 Active Member

Im doing the same thing, no more need for battle cry now that i can tell. Onion sword seems like shout/battle cry on steroids put vaan in place of ramza.

18. Hideo

Hideo Active Member

Medals:
    yeahhh so my head said no but heart said yes, OK has been my favorite character in FFRK and the backbone of basically every team after he replaced tyro, so I scrounged up the last remaining mythrils I needed for one final pull on this banner for either OK pUSB/LMR.

2 rainbows....

not great, so what did i get?? 4TH FKIN OK GAUNTLET, literally the worst possible item on the entire banner, even a dupe refia bsb would have been great since it has +fire, but the absolute worst pull for me. The other was Aria BSB, which i guess is ok since I didn't have a healer BSB in III (though i have both of arc's SSB's which were pretty good as is...)

SO all in all i should have stopped on my first pull, clearly. Greed got the better of me, but I guess trading 150 mythril for OK mUSB isnt..... the *worst*....... but yeah for the first time in a LONG time i have now exactly 0 mythril lol.

Zodiac and majicalways like this.
  19. Moridraug

Moridraug Absolute Warlord

[​IMG]
    Brb honing all the chain blm spells

20. Yaridovich

Medals:
    Damn, dude, that's harsh, sorry to hear about that :(