RM: Truthseeker or Dragoon Determination

Discussion in 'Abilities & Soul Breakers' started by Buzdugan, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Buzdugan

Buzdugan New Member

I have Cloud full dived and I tested both with the Ultra and Omega Drive. Truth seeker did +/- 11,800 damage, Dragoon Determination did +/-9,700. Same apocalypse boss.
    Is it because I'm hitting the soft cap with the Dragoon Determination?
    Will the latter be more beneficial to characters with lower attack?
    What exactly is the mod for both?
    Thank you,

2. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    Dragoon Determination is +20% Atk.
    Truthseeker is +30% Damage with Swords.

The first increases your Atk stat, the latter increases the damage you deal. If your Atk is already hitting the softcap, then the former does very little to increase eventual damage.

Softcap is 805, so if you are hitting that (after buffs), truthseeker is better.

With a 50% Atk buff (like Shout), your base Atk needs to be 537. With a 30% Atk buff (like VoF or most Atk/some other stat buffs), it needs to be 620. If you are stacking both, then it needs to be just 413.

Buzdugan, Roche and OhCanada like this.
  3. Buzdugan

Buzdugan New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    One question though:
    Shout says: "increase attack by a large amount", while Dragoon Determination says :"increase attack a VERY large amount", yet you are mentioning that the first is Shout is 50% increase while dragoon determination is only 20%.
    Also, I understood hailstorm stacks with shout and VOF, so with a 580 attack and shout it is useless then to use hailstorm?
    Thank you,

4. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    The descriptors for RMs and SBs are quite different. And even then there are issues with consistency. I personally do not rely on in-game descriptors.

WRT softcap, while the general rule is once you are at softcap, you should boost damage (e.g. using truthseeker), it doesn’t mean that further attack boosts are useless per se. So in this case, using Hailstorm will still increase damage, just much less than if you were under the soft cap. So in terms of efficiency, you should probably bring a different ability.