Siren and Hades

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by jambo2016, Dec 11, 2018.

1. jambo2016

jambo2016 Member

So I'm now finally at Hades and Siren magicites. I THINK i have the tools to beat Hades, however I'm not sure about Siren (who I need to farm anyways)

Here is what I have to work with

My dark options are limited to:
    • TGCid USB
    • Machina USB
    • Nabaat BSB
    • Cid Raines BSB+OSB
    • Seymour BSB
    • Golbez BSB
    • Cloud USB1
    Tried out going with Cloud USB1 with Grand Charge and Evil Swing - Evil Swing hits at 7k per hit (8 hits) under Raider and Zack Chain. Was thinking about a mixed team of TGCid and Raines?
    My magicites for Holy and Dark are, well, non-existent.

Any party/ability suggestions? Am happy to aim for sub30 another time if needed

Roche and Felix like this.
  2. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

For hades, you need an astra more than anything else, you won't get very far without prevention the status effects it tries to unload on you repeatedly throughout the fight.

Siren gets to a very weak phase where she will counter everything with a 9999 heal. TG Cid-like double casts will have her heal 2x9999. So ideally you are working down to that phase while building meter, then unloading SBs to finish the job.

Don't have time to dig further, but those are the biggest keys to the battles to be successful.

3. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    I do Hades with a mixed team of TGC and Raines with the stuff you have and it's a very stable clear. Just bring a healer with Astra (Larsa if you can), Tyro for wall or god wall if you can, and maybe another healer. I take Relm in my last spot with USB and give Relm and Larsa De-dia to help out with DPS and imperils on turns they don't need to heal. Also important is bringing Unicorn. I use Unicorn to avoid his second black cauldron (the one after doom).

For Siren I'd go phys if at all possible. She likes to silence people so magic runs can be risky. I'd highly recommend putting a major silence resist acc on your healer and give her holy res armor if you have any. Your WM getting silence effectively ends the run and it's super annoying. You may also consider using a ninja who has DC (Shadow, Yuffie, Edge) on Siren. She doesn't use much phys and just dark ninja combos without relics can do a lot of damage.

cactusJed likes this.
  4. jambo2016

jambo2016 Member

So would these work in theory?
    Hades
    TGC - Assault Sabre x 2 (USB)
    Raines - MM + Wrath (BSB+OSB)
    Tyro - Entrust bot? (Godwall)
    Larsa - Wrath + something (BSB)
    Elarra - heal + shellga (USB)

So I've just tried using WoL (chain1+AOSB), TGC (USB), Shelke (entrust bot), Ramza (BSB2), Larsa (BSB) = sounds like it would be perfect but I just cannot get through the opening few turns. Larsa just wraths but can't get out BSB in time. WoL dies after using chain, but he isn't LD..

Siren - my physical dark is quite limited
    TGC - Dread Weapon + Sanguine Cross (USB)
    Yuffie - Dark Ninja skills (USB1 as safety heal?)
    Raines (with major silence resist acc) - BSB
    OK - BSB
    Elarra - USB

My only other physical dark options are Sephiroth BSB2, Estinein BSB, Machina USB/OSB and Cloud USB1.

5. OhCanada

OhCanada Impostor Mod Staff Member Moderator "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    That's almost identical to my team. You don't even need MM since you'll get doomed anyways. I put TG might on Larsa and also give both a heal and dedia. Entrust bot Tyro just CMD1 on Raines.

For siren I'd just do Tyro instead of OK since you can get the same buff as a RW, but Tyro will net you hastega/pro/shellga too

6. jambo2016

jambo2016 Member

The hades setup worked better - managed to get down to around 50/60% (although took me around 24s) before I got hit with statuses (I think I forgot to throw up astra) Healing was much better this time around, DPS just feels low (with Raider and USB, TGCid was hitting 4/5k per AS hit, Raines with BSB+CMD2 buff was hitting the same with CMD1) Maybe I should hit up the 3* magicite, at least for some empower holy?

Haven't tried the new team with Siren yet as I need to create and hone the abilities.

Thanks though :)

Roche likes this.
  7. OhCanada

Medals:
    You definitely want to bring empower holy magicite if you can get it. You shouldn't be getting hit with status ailments though. Eat the very first BC (that gives you doom), unicorn the second, eat the 80% interrupt, immediately cast Larsa BSB for the next BC, rinse and repeat. Most likely you put up astra before the 80% mark and the AoE interrupt cancelled out your astra and left you vulnerable.

Your AS hits are a little low after USB, do you have holy+ equipment on as well? Both TGC and Raines should both have holy+ weapons and armor. In addition, really consider taking dedia on your healers too. The damage itself is low, but it imperils which makes the DPS hit harder.

8. jambo2016

jambo2016 Member

Yeah I think I just need to time the astra better. I'll farm Mist Dragon for some empower holy magicite and create/hone dedia for the healers.

I'll take this b**tard down! Thanks for your help again :)