Special event: Dreams - Ullr Schwarz (26th Nov - 13th Dec '19)

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by Zodiac, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Zodiac

Zodiac March VIP 2017 Supremacy Realm: XII

[​IMG]

3 different types of difficulty (ultimate, apocalypse and infernal), grade rewards depends on how fast you can defeat the boss...

For this event boss comes in the form of Ullr Schwarz...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Luxord, cactusJed and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  2. Guntank17

Guntank17 Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Holy Supremacy Realm: Tactics Waifu Collector

Core Chain? What Core Chain?

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kantolin, Luxord and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  3. Rem Tokimiya

Rem Tokimiya Well Known Member Successor of SeeD TOTS Warrior Supremacy Element: Dark Dark Hime

Friend Code:
    9exu
    Completely cheating
    [​IMG]

Roche, Kantolin and Luxord like this.
  4. Kantolin

Kantolin Airborne Mod Staff Member Moderator Forum Advocate Dragoon Master

Daggonit!

Suuuuper close. If I had Gau's BSB equipped I'd have gotten it, daggonit, that's what I get for thinking I'd be fine without.

Moving people around a bit... if I can get him down to 20% again then I've definitely got this...

[​IMG]

Roche and Rem Tokimiya like this.
  5. Kantolin

Got him! :cecil:

This win was done with no core soulbreaks besides the free ones we've been given. So Tyro has Sentinel Grimoire, Celebration Grimoire, and his lousy arcane. Dr. Mog has the new realm chain. Wedge has no soulbreaks. I then brought a non-core healer so I wouldn't die, and thus Gau with awakening had to basically solo DPS Ullr down.

Team setup:
    [​IMG]

Kill Shot:
    [​IMG]

Magicite Setup:
    [​IMG]

This was /absolutely/ a situation of 'Carefully read and follow the AI to succeed'. Since while Ullr hits like a truck full of trucks and has strings of swinging /entirely/ too fast, you actually don't need to AOE heal as constantly as you'd think given his AI.

The AI I followed was from reddit, here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/e2o9mq/dreams_core_ullr_schwarz_enemy_stats_and_ai/

I don't think Gau in /specific/ was critical for this. Or well, while I couldn't have done it without Gau, I feel any other has-a-boost awakening holder could have done it too. I actually did a great job with DK Cecil instead, since he could self boost himself and wreck things, but he kept dying to the doom countdown, haha.

Tyro's job was to counter the protect/shell, and then also to counter the def/res boost. Whenever Ullr uses Adamant, he gets both of these perks - the only counter to the def/res is the 5* summon Odin, so Tyro used that. Priority to banishing blade. He opens with wall, which will unfortunately land after the first Ruinous strike due to my not having any LMRs for these guys. When he had spare turns, he'd throw up banishing strike for, um, 'damage'. Removing Ullr's haste was not a priority, but if he had nothing else to do then sure.

Tyro's Arcane, with the realm chain up, did 4,000x3. :p I was like '...thanks for trying, Tyro'.

Dr. Mog's job was to lead with the realm chain, then an ultra cure, then power breakdown. Whenever Ullr uses Earthclad, he gets haste (which is nearly irrelevant - with his speed of 650 haste doesn't do much for him) and an attack boost (which is /extremely/ relevant!). The timing was such that Dr. Mog would be mid charge for his power breakdown the moment Ullr put up his first Earthclad, which rocked. Dr. Mog mostly used his healing at the shaky beginning part before Aeris really got going.

Gau in the middle slot had the job of doing all of the damage, basically. He used flash disaster to gain gauge, then went BSB -> USB -> Awakening and went ham with Ripper Blasts. Wedge tossed him a small entrust in here to enable him to swiftly get all three up - I never used any BSB commands (Although I was close as he ran out of hones), and his USB and Awakening don't really stack so all he gets out of his USB is a self +100% crit, and all his BSB gave was the stat boost from burst mode and a stacking +30% Atk/Def. Thus I'm pretty sure a lot of awakening users could be way more efficient, haha. After all this Gau still wasn't breaking cap - he did 8000-9000 per autocrit hit - but it was enough. Damage went down considerably when his awakening fell off. One specific perk for Gau: Since everything he does is instant cast once his awakening is up, that not only made it easier to squeeze in maximum actions while all three soulbreaks were up but it also meant I could often sneak in 'one more instant hit' before an interrupt.

Wedge had Storm Assault and Entrust. His first job was to get Gau going by passing him a bar, then the rest of his gauge went to Aeris so she could keep everyone alive. Storm Assault was a touch slower than wrath, but that was plenty as he was more emergency than anything else. His Storm Assaults, with the realm chain up, did a paltry 1300x5 or something, sigh, but the self healing was helpful and some damage is better than no damage.

Aeris put up protectga and then frantically spammed Curada between USB2 casts.

My magicites are super plain (Um, this is actually a good reminder that I really do need to do some inheritance >_> ). On my winning run I actually didn't use Phoenix - I had it around as an emergency AOE heal, but I guess I should've gone with Tiamat for the +Wind damage (I don't have the 5* wind magicites beaten yet)

RW was Rejuvination grimoire, since both of the other two were obselete by the two core soulbreaks I had haha.

Everyone was 3* and 4* dived. Gau, Aeris, and Tyro were 5* dived - I'm not sure if Tyro needed the 5* dive for this (I'd dived him well in advance of this fight) - the main thing he needed was HP, and on my winning run Ullr punched Gau and not Tyro, so Tyro having over 10k HP was moot. So meh?

Gau and Aeris are the only two with magia (I think Tyro has something like 20 Magia?) Gau capped HP, Attack, and had some in wind damage. Aeris capped Mind and had the rest in HP. +HP Accessories on everyone.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Rem Tokimiya and Roche like this.
  6. Kantolin

Ullr is a jerk, haha, he opens with a 70% gravity, then stops the back row, then Ruinous Strike. I had Wedge immediately use one charge of RW after the gravity since good lord, and made sure that the three back row people were geared for +Mind - the stops blinked on and off real quick, no harm no foul.

Then Ruinous Strike does 9999 since it always goes up after Aeris' protectga but before Tyro can manage up wall. So um, in lieu of a strategy, I pushed Gau and Tyro to have over 9999hp. If that 9999 hit someone other than them, the run was over, restart.

Then took my first look at the AI:

Phase 1 (100%-81% HP) Pattern:

• Turn 1: Ultimate Ruinous Strike <70% CurHP Dmg>
    • Turn 2: Domination <Stop> [BRow AoE]
    • Turn 3: Ruinous Strike <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 4: Kick <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 5: Tackle <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 6: Skyfall Strike <Phys Dmg>
    He does that Strike-kick-tackle trio a lot (It's douchery). But since it always hits the highest HP% targets, he won't punch the same person twice with it - so after the strike as wall goes up, nobody will die to the kick nor the tackle. I can then ST heal with Aeris and Dr. Mog to ensure I'm patched up enough so the Skyfall strike doesn't kill anybody.

• Turn 6: Skyfall Strike <Phys Dmg>
    • Turn 7: Benighted Romp <Phys Dmg> [4x Random ST]
    • Turn 8: Earthclad <0.88s> <Haste & ATK Buff>
    • Turn 9: Ultimate Ruinous Strike <70% CurHP Dmg>
    • Turn 10: Ruinous Strike <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 11: Kick <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 12: Tackle <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 13: Skyfall Strike <Phys Dmg>
    • Turn 14: Benighted Romp <Phys Dmg> [4x Random ST]
    Now after the Benighted Romp (Which since it's random, if /it/ hit someone who was injured too many times I'd sadly just die, but that fortunately didn't happen?) he buffs, then does another Ultimate Ruinous Strike which can't kill you. Right after /that/ (but before the Ruinous Strike) is where Aeris used her first USB2, healing everyone to full and giving me the oh so critical last stand.

I absolutely could not get this to work with Vanille's regenga - he just swings so fast that I don't need tic healing, I need last stand. Still, that bought me enough time so that he thankfully only got his turn 15 murder move in once before swapping phases, as Gau got going in here.

From there, it's all about watching the AI and seeing 'how long can I go before I need Aeris to pop another USB'. Don't hesitate to pause and give yourself some thinking room, and don't forget to re-up Dr. Mog and Tyro's soulbreaks - Ullr becomes all-piercing at the end (thus freeing up Tyro) but it's way safer to put up soulbreaks early rather than later.

Try to keep attack buffs off Ullr - he hits too hard as it is, no sense making it /harder/. >_>

WheN i talk about AI, look at Ullr's 40% rondo:

Phase 4 (40%-21% HP) Pattern:

• Turn 1: Earthclad <0.88s> <Haste & ATK Buff>
    • Turn 2: Dream Skyfall Strike <Piercing Phys Dmg + Interrupt>
    • Turn 3: Domination <Stop> [BRow AoE]
    • Turn 4: Ultimate Ruinous Strike <70% CurHP Dmg>
    • Turn 5: Dream Darkstar Ruinous Strike <Unblinkable Piercing Phys Dmg> [Slot 2]
    • Turn 6: Darkstar Ruinous Strike <8000 Raw Dmg> [Slot 3]
    • Turn 7: Ruinous Strike <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 8: Kick <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 9: Tackle <0.5s> <Phys Dmg> [Highest HP%]
    • Turn 10+3n: Dream Darkstar Ruinous Strike <Unblinkable Piercing Phys Dmg> [Slot 2]
    So he earthclads, then Dream Skyfall Strike-s you. If that doesn't break your last stand, then he actually can't kill you until turn 10 - you have eight straight turns of being 'okay'.

Stop can't kill you, Ultimate Ruinous can't kill you. Turn 5 will pop Slot 2's last stand, Turn 6 will pop slot 3's last stand. These two will then by definition not have the highest HP% (Or if they do it's because you healed them to full in which they'll survive) so the turn 7-9 will go at people who /have/ last stands.

That's a lot of time to get Ullr out of that phase. Although by then my damage was starting to wane as awakening mode fell off, haha, but still that's awhile and if Slot 2 is ST healed at the right time they may just survive the Turn 10 too.

This means Aeris (And Wedge, and really everyone) had a lot of gauge going into the final phase, where Ullr is /really mean/ - but there's a light at the end of the tunnel. If you can survive 9 turns of his final phase nonsense, he starts to do this:

• Turn 10+3n: Dream Benighted Romp <4x Piercing Phys Dmg> [Slot 4]
    • Turn 11+3n: Dream Darkstar Ruinous Strike <Unblinkable Piercing Phys Dmg> [Slot 1]
    • Turn 12+3n: Dream Skyfall Strike <Piercing Phys Dmg + Interrupt>
    And will do that forever.

This means, if you are okay with whomever is in slots 1 and 4 dying (by that point Wedge and Tyro had done their jobs), then the other three members of your party only even take /damage/ every third action, and it's a piercing attack that isn't too strong. I mean the interrupt is annoying, but it took three of those Dream Skyfall Strikes to pop my last stand. So I made sure I had Gau (with his BSB he could do damage even with no hones), Dr. Mog (To give Gau the Atk/Mag/Hastega he needs), and Aeris (So I /do/ get those every-nine-turn USBs off), and thus basically when I got him down to that point I had won the battle.

The first time Gau was in slot 1, and died /just/ before that rondo started happening, and I ended up successfully staring at Ullr for a game-minute before giving up since nobody else could do damage, haha. So I moved him to slot 3 - he could take the random 8000s if he was full up to that point, and it meant if I could survive to turn 10 of Ullr at 20% HP, I basically win!

I used my other RW and Phoenix as emergency, and Wedge entrusted Aeris for emergency use too. You can be /really/ risky though, since the only real threat is if Ullr changes phases unexpectedly and does an attack instead of a buff or gravity at the wrong time.

So woo! Crazy hard, but possible! :D

Rem Tokimiya and Roche like this.
  7. Roche

Roche "Lost-in-End-Game" Mod-Keeper Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Core team is go! Wedge the MVP!

Team Setup:
    • LD Tyro USB3+LMR1
    • LD Elarra USB1+LMR1
    • LD Dr Mog CSB
    • Biggs
    • LD Wedge USB+LMR
    • RW: Rejuvenation Grimoire
    • Main Magicite: Syldra (Inherited with HB8 & Dampen Earth 10)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
    Rem Tokimiya and Kantolin like this.