Speed 5 and Sap procs

Discussion in 'Bugs, Hackers & Feature Requests' started by Moridraug, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Moridraug

Moridraug Absolute Warlord

So here`s the problem i`ve noticed when i was farming Orb Weekend:
    I am farming + dungeon with 5-man team on auto with speed 5, and 2 of them got sap RMs equipped (DD and Self-Sacrifice), and i`ve noticed that Sap procs from 5 to 16 (!!!) times in one turn. Number of procs increases if the killed enemies drop something (because for some weird reason Sap goes ham during drop animation).
    IMO, this is complete bs, why not increase the speed animation, if you`re increasing number of debuff procs, and probably buff/debuff time counter speeds up and doesn`t stop when animations play?

2. Evil Crusader

Evil Crusader The Very (N)Ice Cream Mod

Medals:
    All ticking effects are based on in-game time - in this case, Sap should tick every 2"; for reference, a non-hasted turn approximately lasts 5".
    What happens is that with Speed 5, the downtime of ticking away time with no ATB growth whenever an enemy dies is 2x bigger - thus leading to much faster ticks and an overall greater loss of life.
    May I encourage you to use the three (!) auto-Berserk RMs we have?

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  3. WesToN

WesToN Dedicated Warrior

Medals:
    Friend Code:
    viVF
    I've noticed this too. Lightning has almost died in an easy dungeon with this RM on with speed 5 lolol.

4. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain Spreadsheet Warrior

Friend Code:
    9BVy
    Yea... that time freeze when stuff dies is brutal. That's why I tend to go down to at least speed 3 when I'm poisoned/ sapped (of course this could also be abused when using this against enemies, but mobs aren't that hard yet thankfully)

5. Elskidor

Elskidor Foundation Member

When it comes to Sap 5 speed is annoying, but heavy regen is sweet.

Evil Crusader and Thief666 like this.
  6. Nekokyonshi

Nekokyonshi Super Saiyaneko

At least Sap eventually disappears, though you could definitely clear the battle in less ticks at a slower speed. Regardless, applying Sap at the start of every battle in a multi-battle dungeon is kinda unhealthy for your characters. ;)

Evil Crusader likes this.