Team Composition Advice - Returning Player

Discussion in 'Party Help' started by Martino, Apr 24, 2018.

1. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian"

Medals:
    What do you want/need and what are you dupes?

2. Martino

Martino New Member

Friend Code:
    mXiG
    I wanted to follow @Graham advice from first page and get Ashe LMR and USB and try that setup, but im worried i might end up using a ton of mythril and not getting what i want.

There is any team setup that would work around garnet chain/Kain USB and Lightning?

How should i set my team now?
    This is my current setup

Setup.PNG

Should i replace someone?
    replace.PNG

I wanted to use kain as people say his USB is great, got ramza to entrust if needed.

3. Roche

Roche White Knight Mod Staff Member Moderator TOTS Warrior Onion Knight Master

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    About advice on pulling, how about coming into ChatBox so that we could give u advice in real time?

4. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Firstly, it is Seifer LMR, not Seifer BSB.

Now, to recap our discussions in chat:
    1. Get Tidus L65 RM Ace Striker asap, it is an exact copy of Battleforged. Others to also ensure you have are:
      • TGCid L99 RM Gathering Storm, Steiner L65 RM Knight's Charge, Squall L65 RM Lionheart. These components will help a lot in clearing content.
    2. Event Dungeons are a must to complete. But do try to quickly win and master all Nightmare dungeons too.
    3. Get your A-team together!
      • I would like to talk about party makeup. I would suggest you try to start creating your best team (or A-team) so that you could clear every fight in every Event Dungeon.
        • Healer
        • Support
        • DPS #1 (can be PHY or MAG)
        • DPS #2 (can be PHY or MAG)
        • DPS #3 (can be PHY or MAG)
    So for initial team setup, I would suggest having:
    • Support: Quina/Tyro with R1 Full Break (FB) and R3 POW/MAG Breakdown (PBD/MBD).
      • Firstly, Support refers to characters who have access to 5* Support abilities. It is especially crucial when you are trying to mitigate damage by debuffing bosses using abilities like PBD/MBD stacked atop FB. Hence the case for Quina. Furthermore, just by reading the USB description, you could easily tell that it is a Shout-like party buff with proshellga, and lacking only Wall buff to ensure survivability.
      • Tyro is a good choice as he has Sentinel Grimoire SB, as he has access to all abilities in FFRK. He could also flexibly change into a Dancer (bring HFS/Exhausting_Polka and Multi Break) instead of the usual Support abilities mentioned above. Also, Tyro could also be a secondary healer role. However, If you do bring Tyro, you would then need to bring an RW to buff the party instead. (OK pUSB comes to mind)
    • Healer: <name here> with R1 Shellga/Protectga (depend if Quina IN or OUT) and R3 Curaga/Curaja/UC/Curada
      • When in need of clutch healing, Minwu USB saves the day! 'nuff said.
      • Y'shtola BSB is also top tier as the bubble effect also negates incoming damage. Just remember that you are also getting a slightly slower SB Gauge charge if the bubble doesn't break as a trade-off. When in Burst mode, you also have those additional nifty healing burst commands!
      • Elarra BSB is also top tier thanks to life-saving Last Stand party buff, i.e. Prevents KO once, restoring HP for 1% maximum HP. When in Burst mode, you also have those additional nifty healing burst commands!
      • Larsa BSB is situationally useful thanks to the Astra party buff, i.e. Prevents Poison, Silence, Paralyze, Confuse, Slow, Stop, Blind, Sleep, Petrify, Berserk, Sap, Stun and Frozen once. When in Burst mode, you also have those additional nifty healing burst commands!
    • DPS #1: TGCid
      • It is good that you had already obtained the RM Mako Might to let him open (after Quina USB, of course). But you could swap in other RMs like Cloud L99 RM Truthseeker for higher physical sword damage.
      • Legend Dive Him NOW!!!! You'll need exactly 100 5* DEX motes and 100 5* VIT motes to do so. However, since he is limited by the number of Ability hones you have, You may replace him with others as you see fit.
      • When exploiting enemy weakness,
        • If weak vs holy, bring two R3 Assault Sabres
        • If weak vs earth, bring two R3 Earth Sabres
        • If weak vs dark, bring two R3 Dread weapon
    • DPS #2 & #3: <Any of the following Characters for DPS or utility>
      • Squall: Ice ice fun! (Also rock those Squall glints before AOSB!)
      • Snow: More Ice Ice fun!!! Pairs well with Squall AOSB.
      • Kain: USB is nice, but similar to TGCid USB u need more hones.
      • Haurchefant: his BSB may be situationally desired if you need a tank to Draw Fire all those single target (ST) physical attacks.
      • Lightning: her kit of SBs you have here are noteworthy. but your latest gains in this festival looks more tasty. But then there is chance of Lightning element chain contribution though...
    I hope that the above is enough to help you setup an initial Physical A-team. You could refer to the link below for inspiration on team building:
    https://recordkeeperforum.com/threads/thoughts-on-my-party.7444/#post-168868
    We'll is discuss more on Magical A-team (likely lightning or fire element) , and Legend Dives another time.

OhCanada, Jan and Martino like this.
  5. Martino

Martino New Member

Friend Code:
    mXiG
    Thanks so much for the help @Roche
    With your help i save on resources and hopefully start completing more of FFRK content!
    Will post here as i progress with your advice

Roche likes this.
  6. Jan

Jan :chocobo: Admin Staff Member Administrator Head Moderator Moderator

Friend Code:
    9k2f
    Full Legend Characters:
    Yea, don't be worried so much about an "A-team". Just pull to try to round out synergy in realms and boost elemental teams. When you start doing higher level content, there's not a "one size fits all" team. You have to mix and match parts.

Roche has put together a really nice post for you!

Roche likes this.
  7. Martino

Martino New Member

Friend Code:
    mXiG
    He really did! cant thank him enough for the effort and time he dedicated last night helping me out, you guys are the best!
    @Roche @Jan

I got a question, would garnet fit into my team with his BSB/CSB ?
    What abilities i should get for her?

8. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    I'm certain that your orb stash might be a bit hard pressed now.
    For starters, you either let Garnet be your secondary healer (because she only has up to 4* WHM, which means at least she could equip Protectga/Shellga), or you could make the most out of her Summoner kit. Therefore, Ramuh/Ixion/Valigarmanda are the way to go (3*/4*/6* respectively), with either honed to at least R3. You could also hone Maduin/Valefor to R3 as well for Non-Elemental (NE) damage, but it won't contribute to chain nor exploit weakness. I believe that you are also aware that (usually) every use of a 5* ability has a higher SB gauge gain than lower rarity ones (e.g. single cast of 6* Curada generates more SB gauge than single cast of 3* Curaga).

Just the highlights of the 6* abilities that are Valigarmanda & Curada are the reasons why I encourage you to clear the Nightmare dungeons.

9. Martino

Martino New Member

Friend Code:
    mXiG
    Hey @Roche , started clearing Nightmares as you told me, i still have trouble in 1-2 of them but ill try to adapt my team and clear, i get mad at not mastering them xD

want to update my situation as today trying to get the new gen 2 Ice Chain i got this.

squall usb.PNG

Should i go for another pull chasing Laguna Chain? or save my mythril?

Roche likes this.
  10. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
    Wow! you scored both top prizes in one swoop, despite missing ice chain 2.0!

Personally, I don't think you need to chase after Laguna relic. You winning Nightmares and weekly event dungeons, followed by mote dungeons, should be a higher priority for you. but seriously, congratulations on your YOLO pull!

11. Roche

Friend Code:
    e7tB
  12. Martino

Martino New Member

Friend Code:
    mXiG
    HEHE thanks bro, now im worried on how i can get more 5* motes fast to Legend Dive TGC and Squall