Upcoming changes from JP 4th anniv

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Events' started by OhCanada, Sep 12, 2018.

1. OhCanada

OhCanada Foundation Member "Not Actually Canadian" Free Draw Supremacy

Medals:
    Credit goes to @Vetheran for the Reddit link: https://old.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/9elf74/jp4th_anniversary_info_niconico_livestream/

Highlights of the stream:
    • No 6* dark matter planned.
    • 100 extra vault spaces.
    • Auto-sell of 3 and 4* relics.
    • The devs don't have a concrete plan set yet about how to add more rubies.
    • New upgrade system to characters at lvl 99 that can boost the same attributes as magicite (element attack, def, etc.).
    • "Celestial Armaments" coming which will be equips that boost RS power and later element power.
      • Celestial Armaments can be upgraded by converting relics/rosetta stones.
    • FREE TYRO AOSB HYPE.
    • Free 5* ST ice spellblade
    • 40 relic free anniversary pull
    • New SB type works similar to brave SBs, but have incremental breaking of the damage cap.
      • At lvl 1 they can cap at 19999, this gets higher as you use an ability class. It also gives you true DC and unlimited hones (wtf lol). They can only be used once and cost 2 SB bars.

2. Kantolin

Kantolin Airborne Mod Staff Member Moderator Forum Advocate Dragoon Master

You know... I'm actually amazed how not game shattering that new relic tier is. At least Tidus's, maybe other ones will be even crazier.

I mean yeah it's awesome, and yeah, it's powerful, but consider:

- Unlimited Hones is useful but mostly is 'This helps people who are hurting for crystals' since you can get 'enough hones' right now if you want to. By this point in Japan they've had tons of Crystal gifts and the like, and most people will just spam their ability of choice through the fight. So this helps newer players or people who 'suddenly got Tidus USB when previously they had no interest in Sapphire Blitz', but rubies are still the 6* limitation.

- Ability Boost and Dualcast are nasty in combination, but like... Palom and Vivi and Maria /have/ those (so does like King and Orlandu and some random other peeps). They have stat buffs rather than ability boost, so again they are behind, but they also cap out very easily and thus the difference is slim.

- That damage cap is 20k, not 100k, so it's kept a bit under control. Like, Cloud USB1 led to people doing nonsense combination builds of 'Saint Cross for 80k x2' which was simply unsolveably strong at the time. Here, if everything is absolutely perfect and you can cap out against a Neo Torment or something, you do 'twice as much damage', which is again a ton more manageable.

So that's... insane and nasty and whomigosh, but not necessarily game shattering. Or well, I don't think they'll have to nuke several entire subsystems and a couple magicites entire to cope with these new soulbreaks the way they had to nuke RWs for Cloud USB. :p

They're definitely flashy and cool, though! And quite powerful, as 'Stronger than ability doublers' is awesome, haha ^_^

Edit: Also, no 6* dragoon skill. No 5* dragoon skill even. :ded: Dangit DeNA

Roche likes this.
  3. OhCanada

Medals:
    So keep in mind that this is at level one, after using the ability for a few turns that cap raises, I'm not sure by how much. This is gonna go naturally along with chains and stuff since you're benefiting from extra hits.
    So if Vivi, Maria, TGC, etc. get one of these new SBs they're going to get double DC with infinite hones, which is nuts. Hell, imagine when Bartz gets it, he's never going to stop attacking once you start his turn.

What I'm curious about is the 2 SB bar thing. I first read that as thinking it would take 2/3 of your SB bar, forgetting it's split into 6 parts. I wonder if it's actually 2/6 like most things, or it's actually 2/3

Kantolin likes this.
  4. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    The new character empowering system looks way more grindy and underwhelming to me than I thought it would be. Confirmation here.

One caveat though is the number of battles required per point increases the more you gain. So far points 1 to 9 requires one battle each. Points 10 to 19 are two battles each. Still testing and grinding but I assume it will be 3 battles, 4 battles, etc. Or perhaps multiplicatively. Only time will tell.

1 point = +.01% per crystal

100 point maximum per crystal = +10%

Can only pick offense or defense, not both.

Resistance does not stack with gear or accessories.

Edit: Just reached point 20 and it now requires 3 battles each. If the trend continues it should take 450 battles total to reach 100 points. (Please double check my math - sorry if I’m wrong)

Edit: Just reached point level 30 and the battle requirements per additional point stayed at 3. More to come.

Roche and Kantolin like this.
  5. Felix

Felix Salt Mountain

That sounds incredibly, incredibly stupid. This game just continues to push the envelope with grindy nonsense. Not that it should surprise anyone...

Kantolin likes this.
  6. OhCanada

Medals:
    But at the same time, you don’t have to grind out all your chars from the onset. I’ve been playing this game too long to rush things. I’ll just acquire them normally over time doing what I would anyways. That’s what stops me from burning out.

Kantolin and Tricky1 like this.
  7. Vetheran

Vetheran Absolute Warlord

Medals:
    Well, the general consensus agrees with you. I do too.
    My take on it?
    1) Like crystal water: I'll never actually use this
    2) This is 5-6 months away from global, let's wait and see what changes they'll make to this

Kantolin likes this.
  8. Kantolin

Kantolin Airborne Mod Staff Member Moderator Forum Advocate Dragoon Master

While true, this is missing my point a bit - I was mostly pointing out that we have power surprisingly similar to 'Ability doubler + stat buff' right now. No hones is a convenience, and it's definitely a stronger thing with the cap breaking and the like, but Tidus' soulbreak is actually not hugely out of line with what we have right now in global, let alone in six months in Japan.

So it's definitely a power jump, but not a drastic one. Certainly not like the nonsensical ones when we first got Cloud's Fenrir Overdrive, or even Cloud's Blade Beam SSB, or more recently his USB1.

Comboing it will also be tricky since these, like EX modes, only last for 15 seconds (or again, at least Tidus' only lasts that long). So presuming entrust support, you don't have very long to use one soulbreak, use the second soulbreak, and start throwing down some 6* skills to use in the narrow window when both EX modes have some uptime that needs to compete with two characters doing the damage instead of the entruster. In the case of Palom/Vivi/Maria, that's a lot of work for 1 extra hit, especially when that extra bar could have gone towards finishing with an Arcane or something.

...now I mean, this is also a 'tier 1' of these new soulbreaks. In every case /except/ Cloud's USB1, Cloud's new toy fell to the bottom-middle of the pack after other people got them, haha, so it's possible that this is just the tip of the whomigosh iceberg. ^_^ But as is, this soulbreak is 'powerful but not unreasonable'.

I then am in a state of disbelief at DeNA's choice for Magia XP, and will leave my displeasure at that. Yigads DeNA. >_>

OhCanada likes this.