White Mage Fest Celebration -- Your chance to win gems!

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by raazychx, Jun 9, 2018.

1. raazychx

raazychx April/May VIP 2017

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    Hello, all. In honor of the upcoming fest in FFRK and in honor of Aerith's upcoming release in FFOO, I've decided to hold a white mage contest in FFRK's forums! The winner of the contest will receive enough gems for one 11x pull for the fest.

Disclaimer
    Please note that this contest, while being held on FFRK Forums, is being held by me. It is not "officially" supported by the FFRK Forums. FFRK Forums will not be held responsible if you do not receive gems.

Rules
    The rules for the fest will be complicated, so pay attention. Regardless of how well you do during this competition, understand that you will only have a chance to receive the gems. Here are the rules!

Objective
    You must defeat the Shadow Dragon in the magicite dungeon with a team of select White Mage characters. Proof must be captured in screenshots or an uploaded Youtube video, at my discretion.

Deadline
    You are required to submit proof (via screenshot or Youtube Video) of your White Mage team before the first upcoming Summer Fest banner.

Tickets and Points
    Depending on your team composition, your chosen abilities, your soul breaks, and your completion time, you will acquire a certain number of points. Every 10 points results in 1 ticket. After all tickets are officially accounted for, they will be folded and placed into a basket. A ticket will be randomly drawn from the basket, and the winner will receive enough gems for an 11x pull via an iTunes card or a Google Play card. You can use the gems to pull on a fest banner or any banner you please during the fest!

Requirements!
    1) You must post one youtube video or several snapshots to this thread of:
    a) a screenshot/youtube video of your party setup, showing your abilities and your soul breaks
    b) a screenshot of your party the moment you defeat the Shadow Dragon, while it's disappearing

2) You may only submit one youtube video or one set of screenshots to this thread! You may not have multiple attempts to submit. In addition, private snapshots or youtube video submissions sent to my personal box will not be accepted.

3) You may only use a certain characters provided in a list. Using any characters not found on the list will disqualify you for the competition.

4) You may only use a maximum of two "low-tier" characters (provided in the list of characters). The rest must be "high-tier" characters. (Some characters are not white mages, but provide MND support; most of these characters are found in the second category).

5) Black Magic and Darkness abilities are not allowed. You may only use the attack button, White Magic, Summon Magic, Support skills, Bard skills, Dancer skills, and Holy-elemental Knight skills. Lifesiphon is allowed for combat users.

Mission: Defeat the Shadow Dragon Magicite with a White Mage Team!
    Your mission is to defeat the Shadow Dragon Magicite with a White Magic team! Here are the characters you can use!

"High-tier characters" list (5 points each)
    Sarah, Minwu, Arc, Aria, Rosa, Porom, Lenna, Relm, Aerith, Selphie, Eiko, Yuna, Aphmau, Penelo, Larsa, Vanille, Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Iris, Ovelia, Alma, Deuce, Rem, Aemo, Devout, Elarra

"Lower-tier characters" list (3 points each)
    Tyro, Onion Knight, Fusoya, Ceodore, Rubicante, Gogo (V), Exdeath, Kuja, Beatrix, Minfillia, Edward, Mog, Red XIII, Marche, Montblanc, Warrior of Light (Light Chain)

Point Categories
    And now for the main section. Here are the kinds of points you can acquire!

Member 1: 5 or 3 points, depending on character's tier
    Member 2: 5 or 3 points, depending on character's tier
    Member 3: 5 or 3 points, depending on character's tier
    Member 4: 5 or 3 points, depending on character's tier
    Member 5: 5 or 3 points, depending on character's tier
    (Remember that you are only allotted two characters that are worth three points.)

Category 1: Healing Soul Breaks (only one of these applies)
    Reraise Soul Break:
    What dedication! Bringing a party Reraise SB will net you 6 points!
    Revival Soul Break:
    What dedication! Bringing a party Reviving SB will net you 6 points!
    Bar-Dark Soul Break:
    Did you just bring Aerith's "Prayer of Salvation?" 6 points!
    Last Stand Soul Break:
    Pretty good! Bringing one will net you 5 points!
    Healing Ultra Soul Break:
    Pretty good! Bringing one will net you 5 points!
    Proshellga Soul Break:
    Did you just cast Protectga and Shellga at the same time? 5 points!
    Healing Burst Soul Break:
    A standard for healing! Bringing one will net you 4 points!

Category 2: Healing Abilities (only one of these applies)
    Reraise Ability:
    What dedication! Bringing this 6* ability will net you 6 points!
    Curada Ability: An essential tool for any white mage, worth 5 points!
    Revive Ability:
    You might need it for this fight! 5 points!
    Ultra Cure:
    Bringing this standard ability nets you 5 points!
    Curaise:
    It's a good idea to bring this ability! 5 points!

Category 3: Offensive Soul Breaks (only one of these applies)
    White Mage USB:
    Did you just use an offensive White Mage USB? 6 points! (Yuna's Summon USB counts, and Alph's Summon USB with Madeen counts.)
    White Mage OSB: Did you just use the only White Mage OSB in the game? 6 points!
    White Mage Attacker-Medica BSB:
    Did you just use a White Mage BSB that attacks the enemy and heals the party? 6 points!
    White Mage BSB:
    Did you just use a White Mage BSB that attacks the enemy? 5 points!
    Yuna's Tiny Bee:
    Don't bring this and don't use it. -1 point. Punishment overrides the other options in this category.

Category 4: Offensive Abilities (only one of these applies)
    Holy:
    Bringing this will net you 5 points!
    De'Dia:
    Madeen:

Completion time (only one of these applies)
    30 seconds:
    Did you really just sub-30 this with a white mage team?! 10 points!
    60 seconds: Did you beat it under 60 seconds with a team of white mages? 6 points!
    1 minute or over:
    Still impressive! 5 points!

There you go! Oh, and just so you know: I've done this, so it's definitely doable. I won't be in the drawing, of course, but I'll show you my completion as well.

Good luck, everyone!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    As an addendum, please make sure that you post proof of your soul breaks being used. Soul breaks cannot be seen in the regular menu, so please be sure to show a screenshot of your soul break categories or show use of your soul break in your youtube video.

3. Khomatos

Khomatos New Member

Friend Code:
    QjiE
    Clarification needed. What abilities can some of the other non white mages use? Like Onion Knight. Can he use support abilities or is that limited to Red XIII? Why is Echo nowhere on the list? She can use all white mage abilities.

4. Khomatos

Khomatos New Member

Friend Code:
    QjiE
    Also, can Larsa use Support abilities?

5. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    The characters you can use on the list were selected for a variety of reasons.

Echo can only use 4* White Magic. Thus, she is not permitted.

All White Magic, Summoner, Bard, Dancer, and Support abilities are permitted.

The only Combat ability allowed is Lifesiphon.

Black magic and Darkness abilities are forbidden (for obvious reasons).

Holy elemental Knight abilities are permitted.

Onion Knight may use White Magic and all Support abilities, but Black Magic is forbidden. Thus, he is not allowed to use any black magic or his BSB commands.

cactusJed likes this.
  6. Khomatos

Khomatos New Member

Friend Code:
    QjiE
    My mistake on Echo, thought she could use all White Magic. Thanks for the clarification on the support abilities. It makes this easier not having to use Red XIII.

7. Khomatos

Khomatos New Member

Friend Code:
    QjiE
    My submission. Party menu, including Soul Breaks used, is shown in full at the end of the video.

8. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    Khomatos, you've met the requirements and you have 55 points. That means you have 5 tickets! Good luck later in the drawing!

A very creative team. Nice job.

Khomatos likes this.
  9. Moridraug

Moridraug Absolute Warlord

Garnet nowhere to be seen on the list, but Alphi in high tier? Clarification on this choice needed.

Also absence of Curilla and Pecil is questionable as well.

10. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    Garnet and Hope are both summoners, this is true. However, their abilities are primarily magic-based and not mind-based. In addition, they both lack 5* WHM access.

While summons are good, the goal is to put offensive white magic abilities at the center stage as much as possible. If I were to put them at the "high-tier" list, then they would be mostly summon-focused and magic focused, detracting from the MND meta and the white magic aspect.

Alphinaud is permitted because he has 5* WHM access. He can use both Madeen and Holy.

Beatrix is permitted because she has 5* WHM access. Her Holy-based Knight abilities grant imperil-holy, effectively letting her function as a support.

Warrior of Light is permitted because of Holy chain.

It seems arbitrary, but there is a point to it all. If you're interested in a shot at free gems, try to meet the requirements and do your best.

cactusJed likes this.
  11. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord Supremacy Element: Bio TOTS Warrior PS1 Protagonist Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    97yP
    My submission. No need to consider me for the contest, just wanna try it out myself. :)

Kill Screen
    0E31F346-45FA-478B-B241-E209E523C13C.jpeg

Team Setup
    C9C107E4-6764-4D9B-91F5-85BC9E0DF527.jpeg EB8D741B-CBDF-4B5E-96AF-14D78C1DE497.jpeg

SBs
    6933C0FA-C56C-4BA1-9D9E-1C9DB25A13DB.jpeg E18199BB-2298-48E9-9013-5BADBB19852E.jpeg 3DFA683F-A2E3-43B1-B181-7EEEBD3D2EE7.jpeg 6AF2DBE6-2347-4CC5-9955-1C52B6A7B3F7.jpeg 993C8B06-1FA1-4AD2-8AF4-E8546FFD8D14.jpeg

Didn’t record a video as it was meant to be a trial run. Was actually going to quite when two of my DPS went down. But continued to see how far I could go. A triple cast Holy from Minwu was enough to bring me over the line in the end.

Micleon, Khomatos and Luxord like this.
  12. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    Kenlimkenlim, it seems like you have 57 points, so that means you'll get 5 tickets! (Very nice!) Good luck in the drawing!

13. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    @Moridraug, here are the reasons for not allowing Pecil and Curilla:

1) Neither Pecil nor Curilla have access to 5* WHM. They also do not have soul breaks that provide a MND boost to the party (this is one of the qualities that I looked for among the supporting characters, like Mog and Red XIII). They likely do have imperil holy access, but because they don't have 5* WHM, I chose to not allow them.

2) Beatrix has access to 5* WHM. That gave her automatic consideration. She can technically run abilities like De'Dia or Holy, provided she has very strong MND relics (among swords/knives). In addition, her Holy Knight skills can grant imperil holy, so she can either function as DPS, a healer, or uniquely an imperil support. That's why I allowed her.

3) Although Warrior of Light does not have access to 5* WHM, he has the only holy chain soul break in the game. His chain soul break is the only Holy chain in the game; in addition, it heals the party. Thus, I've allowed him.

14. Micleon

Micleon New Member

Friend Code:
    micleon.tee
    Thanks for organising this. This was actually quite fun! Below is my youtube video. Party menu, abilities, soul break all at the end of the video! Enjoy!

Luxord and Khomatos like this.
  15. Luxord

Luxord Absolute Warlord Supremacy Element: Dark Defier of Fate

Friend Code:
    HgJu
    This was fun! Wht mages are really powerful! :D
    Screenshot_20180610-135652-432x768.png
    Yshtola'rm and lm2 triggered both once: 3 de dia in a row :3

Attached Files:

Micleon and Khomatos like this.
  16. Jamie

Jamie Absolute Warlord TOTS Warrior Defier of Fate

Great Challenge Idea!

Screenshot_20180610-091907.png

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
    Luxord likes this.
  17. Khomatos

Khomatos New Member

Friend Code:
    QjiE
    Just a heads up, Beatrix cannot imperil Holy with her Knight abilities, just her bsb1. You might be thinking of Agrias who can imperil Holy with Knight abilities if she's been legend dived.

18. diszlexia

diszlexia New Member

Thanks for the fun initiative! My video and entry as below. Have fun for those who are attempting this as well :)

vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h31m28s022.jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h31m47s029.jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h31m55s349.jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h31m15s725.jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h31m38s659.jpg vlcsnap-2018-06-10-23h28m16s477.jpg Screenshot_20180610-222529.jpg

Micleon, Luxord and Khomatos like this.
  19. Jan

Jan ::Chocobo:: Mod Staff Member Head Moderator Moderator

Friend Code:
    9k2f
    Full Legend Characters:
    Holy crap I did it! I sorta can't believe it!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I suck at screenshots. Is my victory one good enough @raazychx ?

cactusJed likes this.
  20. raazychx

Friend Code:
    gYFY
    @Micleon, you've received 58 points, which means you'll get 5 tickets. Good job on your setup.

@Luxord, you've received 56 points, which means you'll get 5 tickets as well. Nice job bringing that team together, and with only a few hones.

@diszlexia, you've received 53 points, which means you'll get 5 tickets as well. Nice strategy with using Siren to recast protectga and using Yuna USB/Curaise to keep the party alive.

diszlexia, Micleon and Luxord like this.