Y'sh vs Vanille for Legend Dive

Discussion in 'Characters & Equipments' started by Walksy, Jun 11, 2017.

1. Walksy

Walksy Well-Known Member

Friend Code:
    KRTB
    I know we're still a little bit away from our first full dives, but no time like the present to plan ahead. Personally I've decided a healer will be one of my first (rather than a mage). The question remains, who? For me, the top two contenders based upon current relics are Vanille (BSB/USB) and Y'shtola (BSB, wall, proshellga sb, esunaga medica). Without going into great detail, I'm torn... biggest personal pros for Y'sh are wall (broken sb much), wrath, CT0 cmd1, and I love opening a torment run with her proshellga/regen which is about all the trash mitigation you need; cons for me are the bubble blocking sb generation (which seems most noticeable on a dual dance tyro, especially in MP - though I suppose his LD would rectify that). For Vanille I love the CT0 entry, MND buff for some 1.8k aoe mini medicas (with full LD), and I find status bosses to be the most frustrating, so I value the astra. Her biggest con for me is the lack of wrath and sb generation.

So... bestow upon me your wisdom (and personal biases).

2. Leprechaun

Leprechaun Absolute Warlord

Friend Code:
    QgFd
    Imo Yshtola has the better RD (I suppose You won't use blm often on Vanille :( :( )
    Y'shtola bubble is good in jump start where it doesn't block gauge :)
    And Y'shtola can doublecast minimedica and instacuraja with more than 21% healing boost (her first lm) :)

Walksy likes this.
  3. Kenlimkenlim

Kenlimkenlim Official RKF Stat Lord

Friend Code:
    97yP
    I lack Y'Shtola's BSB, so my personal (biased) choice will be Vanille.

If I try to be objective about it, I would likely still go with Vanille.

- I RW Wall very often and prefer my healer to be dedicated. If she needs to Wrath, that's a few turns Y'Shtola won't be healing. In the long run that is compensated by more frequent SB casts, but I prefer a more predictable sequence for my healer.

- Bubbles are too defensive minded for my playing style. I lean heavily on mitigation coupled with high DPS. Bubbles interfere heavily with mitigation strategies (the low damage by the boss makes SB generation from taking hits very viable).

- Comparing Cmd 1s, I did prefer 0CT ST cure over anything else. But I've realised that Cmd 2 will almost always yield better results. Overall HP gained should be comparable, and bosses pack a lot of AoEs. With that in mind, Vanille's offensive Cmd1 is actually very useful in a mage team.

- Head to Head, Vanille is useful for more types of teams IMO - mage teams, MP, bosses with status effects, bosses with scripted AoE attacks. Y'Shtola really shines in high damage bosses.

Like I mentioned, my own choice is Vanille due to my relic pool, but I still feel Vanille is the more versatile. Given you're choosing a healer for full RD, versatility would be very important.

Having said that, here's a (cop-out) reassurance, but of them are top-tier healers, and neither choice would be considered wrong.

Whiteadder and Walksy like this.
  4. blaat

blaat Active Member

Friend Code:
    SsDG
    Both are good, but if I had to dive one it would def. be Ysh if i had her bsb and wall.

- Instant cmd1 dualcast is OP
    - Flexibility: for certain dungeons/type of runs you want to cast wall and rely on (doublecast) curada
    - Wrath and instant cmd1 builds bar fast - which means more AOE heals/bubbles
    - Bubble keeps me alive in the most difficult dungeons and I hardly/never have problems with generating bar. I don't care about low damage bosses - can use any white mage bsbs for these... got ultra cure, astra or affliction for status crap
    - I don't need an attacking white mage - I will make sure my other chars do enough damage :D

Walksy likes this.
  5. Lumin

Lumin Active Member

1 Vote for Y'sh, the reason being she is more future proof

The main weakness for Vanille is that she has no last stand sb's, which limits her potential. Although she is extremely strong now, but in the not so far future, she will be power creep by those White Mages with Wrath.

Y'sh although suffer the same fate being a no last stand white mages, but she belong to the category White Mages with Wrath. Worst come to worse, 1st turn wall, 2nd turn shellga/protectga, 3rd turn onwards start spamming curada is sufficient to make her a top tier white mage.

This is the current ranking of White Mages in Altema, Y'sh unsurprisingly comes 1st, and the good news is that you have all the necessary SBs for her :) Invest in her, and you will have the top white mage for at least 6 months :D

upload_2017-6-19_22-54-55.png

majicalways and Walksy like this.